ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada

RJ Barrett
Cameron Reddish
Zion Williamson

That’s why.
Who can consistently hit jumpers? Are Bolden and DeLaurier enough in the front court? Those three are great players, but all play virtually the same position, regardless of how "positionless" K wants to be. Also interested to see how involved they'll be on defense. Will K have to hide major flaws again by playing zone all year?

Who can consistently hit jumpers? Are Bolden and DeLaurier enough in the front court? Those three are great players, but all play virtually the same position, regardless of how "positionless" K wants to be. Also interested to see how involved they'll be on defense. Will K have to hide major flaws again by playing zone all year?

Will Calipari play stone hands McGee over Reid? Yes.

I can't really blame Musselman. How did he know Caroline wouldn't grad transfer out (that was widely speculated)? Or that Caleb and Cody Martin would both return? He'd also been recruiting Jordan Brown for a very, very long time. It sucks for the two guys that will get axed, but a coach can't always project the departures.

Nevada is returning 9 double-digit scorers + they're bringing in a 5-star recruit. Unreal. They are legitimate national title contenders, IMO.

Point Guards/Ballhandlers:
Cody Martin, Sr, 14 ppg, 6.3 reb, 4.7 ast
Lindsey Drew, Sr, 8.1 ppg, 4.1 reb, 4.3 ast
Jazz Johnson, Jr, 15.8 ppg, 2.8 reb, 2.3 ast (Portland)

Wings:
Caleb Martin, Sr, 18.9 ppg, 5.4 reb, 2.6 ast
Nisre Zouzoua, Jr, 20.3 ppg, 4.2 reb, 1.5 ast (Bryant)
Corey Henson, Sr, 14.6 ppg, 2.6 reb, 2.7 ast (Wagner)
Ehab Amin, Sr, 16.9 ppg, 6.6 reb, 2.9 ast (Texas A&M-CC)

Forwards:
Jordan Caroline, Sr, 17.7 ppg, 8.6 reb, 2.2 reb
Josh Hall, Jr, 6.9 ppg, 3.9 reb, 1.4 ast

Bigs:
Jordan Brown, Fr, #11 recruit (rivals)
Trey porter, Sr, 13.2 ppg, 6.2 reb, 1.3 blk (Old Dominioin)
Tre'Shawn Thurman, Sr, 13.8 ppg, 7.8 reb, 0.8 blk (Nebraska-Omaha)

Other:
KJ Hymes, 6'11 Fr
Vincent Lee, 6'7 Fr
Jalen Harris, 6'4 Jr (Louisian Tech transfer, will sit one and play two)

Reactions: KisteK and cmore79
They currently have 15 scholarship players. Which two will Crean....I mean Musselman cut?

You can't cut any of the incoming transfers. Obviously the twins are staying. I think the top candidates are: The two unheralded freshmen, Josh Hall, Lindsey Drew, and possibly Jordan Caroline. I could see Caroline being one of the guys as he could transfer and not have to sit out.

I can't really blame Musselman. How did he know Caroline wouldn't grad transfer out (that was widely speculated)? Or that Caleb and Cody Martin would both return? He'd also been recruiting Jordan Brown for a very, very long time. It sucks for the two guys that will get axed, but a coach can't always project the departures.

Nevada is returning 9 double-digit scorers + they're bringing in a 5-star recruit. Unreal. They are legitimate national title contenders, IMO.

Point Guards/Ballhandlers:
Cody Martin, Sr, 14 ppg, 6.3 reb, 4.7 ast
Lindsey Drew, Sr, 8.1 ppg, 4.1 reb, 4.3 ast
Jazz Johnson, Jr, 15.8 ppg, 2.8 reb, 2.3 ast (Portland)

Wings:
Caleb Martin, Sr, 18.9 ppg, 5.4 reb, 2.6 ast
Nisre Zouzoua, Jr, 20.3 ppg, 4.2 reb, 1.5 ast (Bryant)
Corey Henson, Sr, 14.6 ppg, 2.6 reb, 2.7 ast (Wagner)
Ehab Amin, Sr, 16.9 ppg, 6.6 reb, 2.9 ast (Texas A&M-CC)

Forwards:
Jordan Caroline, Sr, 17.7 ppg, 8.6 reb, 2.2 reb
Josh Hall, Jr, 6.9 ppg, 3.9 reb, 1.4 ast

Bigs:
Jordan Brown, Fr, #11 recruit (rivals)
Trey porter, Sr, 13.2 ppg, 6.2 reb, 1.3 blk (Old Dominioin)
Tre'Shawn Thurman, Sr, 13.8 ppg, 7.8 reb, 0.8 blk (Nebraska-Omaha)

Other:
KJ Hymes, 6'11 Fr
Vincent Lee, 6'7 Fr
Jalen Harris, 6'4 Jr (Louisian Tech transfer, will sit one and play two)

We can reasonably expect them to score 150 points per game. GOAT!

Reactions: dukedevilz
You can't cut any of the incoming transfers. Obviously the twins are staying. I think the top candidates are: The two unheralded freshmen, Josh Hall, Lindsey Drew, and possibly Jordan Caroline. I could see Caroline being one of the guys as he could transfer and not have to sit out.
Caroline to Illinois, PLEASE!

Outside shooting will be a weakness but the talent, length and athleticism is just off the charts.

I think Bolden is going to surprise a lot of people next year. It's finally his time to shine.

Ehab Amin is transferring because, well, he has to. They have 15 scholly players if he doesn’t.

Reactions: KisteK
Ehab Amin is transferring because, well, he has to. They have 15 scholly players if he doesn’t.

Honestly great problem to have for a program like Nevada. Musselman wasn't going to get caught with his pants down if the Martin twins decided to stay in the draft. Sucks for the kid but he has already had 20 schools contact him and he will have no problem finding a great program to go to.

Outside shooting will be a weakness but the talent, length and athleticism is just off the charts.

I think Bolden is going to surprise a lot of people next year. It's finally his time to shine.
No doubt about that, loads and loads of talent! I would not be surprised to see Bolden break out. His PPG and RPG last year weren't bad considering he only played 13 minutes a game. If they can get close to 30 minutes a game out of him I could see him averaging in the area of 10 & 8. Might be more but there are so many scorers and good rebounders to compete with.

Bolden will need to focus on offensive rebounding. He should be able to make a living at putbacks.

Nevada could be that team that randomly comes out of nowhere as a program to win a title like Florida did. Totally could see it , only issue is if they go into the tourney on a long win streak and say are 33-1 I would be a little concerned due to the conference they play in. Mountain West is solid at the top but is bad to awful in the middle and down. Always like to see title teams fight thru some physical close games.

K will start Jones , Reddish , Barrett , Zion , and probably time share at the 5 with Bolden and DeLaurier. And I agree the 5 spot is gonna be the key to how good K's squad can be?

anyone know when the schedules come out? Very interested to see if Nevada loaded up on non conference opponents. Also, were the smart enough to schedule a tough non conference game in the middle of the conference season? Assuming they could get any takers.

I didn't realize Martin twins were coming back. Add in the PG Drew who was injured the last part of the season and then all these new additions....how high in the rankings do you expect to see Nevada?

I don't see how they're not pre-season top 5 nationally.

anyone know when the schedules come out? Very interested to see if Nevada loaded up on non conference opponents. Also, were the smart enough to schedule a tough non conference game in the middle of the conference season? Assuming they could get any takers.

I didn't realize Martin twins were coming back. Add in the PG Drew who was injured the last part of the season and then all these new additions....how high in the rankings do you expect to see Nevada?

I don't see how they're not pre-season top 5 nationally.

They still have a good 4 more games to fill. Arizona State/Loyola Chicago should be top 50 programs, potentially BYU and South Dakota State, too (Daum is returning). I gotta imagine they want 1-2 more quality games.

Nov. 6: vs. BYU
Nov. 9: vs. Pacific
Nov. 16: vs. Arkansas Little Rock
Nov. 19: vs. Cal Baptist
Nov. 22: vs Tulsa (Las Vegas Invitational)
Nov. 23: vs UMass/Southern Illinois (Las Vegas Invitational)
Nov. 28: at Loyola Chicago
Dec. 7: vs Arizona State (Staples Center)
Dec. 15: vs. South Dakota State

They still have a good 4 more games to fill. Arizona State/Loyola Chicago should be top 50 programs, potentially BYU and South Dakota State, too (Daum is returning). I gotta imagine they want 1-2 more quality games.

They tried to schedule a game last year against St. Marys and they pussed out.

Muss will try to get someone on the schedule for sure. It would have been really nice if Gonzaga made that move to the Mountain West like it was being discussed.

They tried to schedule a game last year against St. Marys and they pussed out.

Muss will try to get someone on the schedule for sure. It would have been really nice if Gonzaga made that move to the Mountain West like it was being discussed.

Looks like SMC finally got the message, though, about not having a little sister's of the poor OOC Schedule. They should have a semi-respectable schedule, but I'm not sure they'll have the talent this year... I think Randy Bennett is a bit of a coward. The thing I've never liked about him is that when they lose, he often shakes hands with the opposing coach without breaking stride. Doesn't look him in the eye or congratulate him.

You can add @USC to this list on Dec. 1

ADVERTISEMENT