ADVERTISEMENT

Need help, please.

cdbearde

Mar 9, 2017
I need some help from you computer savvy people, I would truly appreciate it.
For some reason every icon on my laptop, from Facebook to my email and in between, I click on them and google search comes up, Youtube, Twitter, and this sight is the only ones taht work that I have tried. I have at least 50 icons, I know that is ridiculous but they have been taken over by google. I have restarted the laptop but the same thing happens, I really don't want to trash this pc and buy a new one because it's only a year and a half old. But it seems like google owns this PC.
Any help would be absolutely appreciated.

I'm really sorry. But my only recommendation is something you specifically spoke out against.

computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

I'm really sorry. But my only recommendation is something you specifically spoke out against.

Bud, that is what I want to do, but my wonderful wife is like saying please calm down and deal with it tomorrow, but thanks for your encouragement.
🤣 🤣

Also, what does the bolded mean? I mean like I own everything I say, like it or regret it I will. But let me know so I can laugh about it. If it's smashing a PC, I am not beyond it that's for sure. 🤣

Have you tried bookmarking them instead of making them all shortcut icons?
No sir, too late now. I think I am going to do a total reset to factory settings and start over if that will work, I see that no worse than buying a new one. "I think"
I will sleep on it and see if anyone has a better idea. 👍

No sir, too late now. I think I am going to do a total reset to factory settings and start over if that will work, I see that no worse than buying a new one. "I think"
Maybe it's the browser. Might try to update that first if updates are available.

Reactions: cdbearde
U cant just right click the icons and delete them? Itll be slow but should work. Well woulda worked in 2004 when i was still considered computer savvy.

U cant just right click the icons and delete them? Itll be slow but should work. Well woulda worked in 2004 when i was still considered computer savvy.
Yes I can and might just do that instead of a factory reset. 👍

@cdbearde -----you heard from lurk? Mass shooting in Memphis. He hasn't answered any text, or phone calls...

Update system preferences on your browser.
I think I did it. It said it was Microsoft Edge or something like that, I clicked on the reset button.
I am going to purchase Norton 360 premium that has the VPN and give it a try, this all started when I watched a video that was political because I thought it was funny, things changed on my laptop that same day. :rolleyes:
Thanks

I think I did it. It said it was Microsoft Edge or something like that, I clicked on the reset button.
I am going to purchase Norton 360 premium that has the VPN and give it a try, this all started when I watched a video that was political because I thought it was funny, things changed on my laptop that same day. :rolleyes:
Thanks
Glad to hear!

Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT