Need help, please.

cdbearde

Mar 9, 2017
I need some help from you computer savvy people, I would truly appreciate it.
For some reason every icon on my laptop, from Facebook to my email and in between, I click on them and google search comes up, Youtube, Twitter, and this sight is the only ones taht work that I have tried. I have at least 50 icons, I know that is ridiculous but they have been taken over by google. I have restarted the laptop but the same thing happens, I really don't want to trash this pc and buy a new one because it's only a year and a half old. But it seems like google owns this PC.
Any help would be absolutely appreciated.

GhostOf301

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2020
I'm really sorry. But my only recommendation is something you specifically spoke out against.

computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

cdbearde

Mar 9, 2017
I'm really sorry. But my only recommendation is something you specifically spoke out against.

Bud, that is what I want to do, but my wonderful wife is like saying please calm down and deal with it tomorrow, but thanks for your encouragement.
🤣 🤣

cdbearde

Mar 9, 2017

Also, what does the bolded mean? I mean like I own everything I say, like it or regret it I will. But let me know so I can laugh about it. If it's smashing a PC, I am not beyond it that's for sure. 🤣

cdbearde

Mar 9, 2017
Have you tried bookmarking them instead of making them all shortcut icons?
No sir, too late now. I think I am going to do a total reset to factory settings and start over if that will work, I see that no worse than buying a new one. "I think"
I will sleep on it and see if anyone has a better idea. 👍

Kevin Bryan

Apr 30, 2011
No sir, too late now. I think I am going to do a total reset to factory settings and start over if that will work, I see that no worse than buying a new one. "I think"
Maybe it's the browser. Might try to update that first if updates are available.

Reactions: cdbearde

Villian07

Aug 11, 2015
U cant just right click the icons and delete them? Itll be slow but should work. Well woulda worked in 2004 when i was still considered computer savvy.

cdbearde

Mar 9, 2017
U cant just right click the icons and delete them? Itll be slow but should work. Well woulda worked in 2004 when i was still considered computer savvy.
Yes I can and might just do that instead of a factory reset. 👍

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
@cdbearde -----you heard from lurk? Mass shooting in Memphis. He hasn't answered any text, or phone calls...

cdbearde

Mar 9, 2017
Update system preferences on your browser.
I think I did it. It said it was Microsoft Edge or something like that, I clicked on the reset button.
I am going to purchase Norton 360 premium that has the VPN and give it a try, this all started when I watched a video that was political because I thought it was funny, things changed on my laptop that same day. :rolleyes:
Thanks

winin11

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2011
Team
Alabama
I think I did it. It said it was Microsoft Edge or something like that, I clicked on the reset button.
I am going to purchase Norton 360 premium that has the VPN and give it a try, this all started when I watched a video that was political because I thought it was funny, things changed on my laptop that same day. :rolleyes:
Thanks
Glad to hear!

Reactions: cdbearde

Latest posts