ADVERTISEMENT

***NCAA Women's Tournament thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time since 1998, two #1 seeds have lost in the 2nd Rd of the Women's NCAA Tournament, as 8 seed Miami hits a jumper in the lane with 3 seconds to go to stun Indiana, 70-68.
**** that cuban infested town....

FTR, I hate womens rule of advancing the ball.

And the ladies must have gotten bitten by Miller Kopp----they couldn't buy a three.

FTR, I hate womens rule of advancing the ball.
Interesting because I've talked with a lot of people in basketball circles that wish they would add it to the men's game.

I'm more of a traditionalist, and anything that makes the game move closer to the NBA, I'll gladly push back against (like qtrs vs halves for example) because f*** the NBA, but if the men's game made the change to be able to advance the ball starting next year, I wouldn't be too broken up about it.

Edit- I can understand why you would hate that rule right now though, seeing as how the women have been burned by it twice late in the season....... ;)

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Interesting because I've talked with a lot of people in basketball circles that wish they would add it to the men's game.

I'm more of a traditionalist, and anything that makes the game move closer to the NBA, I'll gladly push back against (like qtrs vs halves for example) because f*** the NBA, but if the men's game made the change to be able to advance the ball starting next year, I wouldn't be too broken up about it.

Edit- I can understand why you would hate that rule right now though, seeing as how the women have been burned by it twice late in the season....... ;)
I've always hated the rule----It gives the offense a HUGE advantage. FTR,it helped us to tonight. But the rule makes zero sense----Its an entertainment value only----An NBA thing.

Colorado beats Duke in Camron to go to the sweet 16 for the 1st time in 20 years.
I would've rather played Duke, because at least Iowa would've gotten beat because of good coaching and better athletes rather than playing yet another tournament game against a team needing to play football to "survive and advance".

Looking forward to it.....................:rolleyes:

Pretty wild that Miami beat Indiana in both the men's and women's tourneys in the same round as underdogs.

Never understood the hype for the Cavinder twins though. They look like dudes.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Pretty wild that Miami beat Indiana in both the men's and women's tourneys in the same round as underdogs.

Never understood the hype for the Cavinder twins though. They look like dudes.

I thought they looked pretty hot tonight. I was rooting for Miami because of them. Indiana had a hottie blonde out there too.

I don't watch much women's basketball but there were a bunch of cuties in this game. I know, shameful when you watch for that reason but it is what it is.

What the hell is Kim Mulkey wearing?

FsAqbCkWYAQ16S6

Iowa passes another physical test against Colorado, 87-77, to advance to their second Elite 8 since 2019.

Meanwhile, the upsets continue as 9 seed Miami knocks off Big East runner up Villanova, 70-65, and America gets even more of the Cavinder twins.

They will face 3 seed LSU as the Wicked Witch of the South, Kim Mulvey works her magic once again to guide the Tigers to a 66-63 win over Pac 12 champ Utah.

The last game of the Sweet 16 sees Louisville with a 34-29 lead at half over a scrappy Mississippi team.

Here's a quick look at the Sweet 16 matchups tomorrow, along with the Elite 8 matchups after this evening:

1 South Carolina
4 UCLA

2 Maryland
3 Notre Dame

1 Virginia Tech
4 Tennessee

2 UConn
3 Ohio State

Sunday Elite 8 games-
Greenville 2 Regional Final:
3 LSU vs 9 Miami

Seattle 4 Regional Final:
2 Iowa vs 5 Louisville/8 Mississippi

Btw, gg to @IrktogBuff

CU didn't go down without a fight. They were honestly a scoring guard away from really being a complete team, IMO. Sherrod can score, but her game, coupled with her size, made her more of a drive and dish and take what the defense gives her kind of guard. She is a tenacious defender though and can create offense through her defense.

They also had guard/forwards that could knock down 3s and certainly posed a problem inside for Iowa with their two bigs, who killed them on the offensive glass.

Like I said if they just had one other scoring guard to take the pressure off Sherrod, that would've made a huge difference and they probably would've been even higher than a 6 seed.

Do you follow them enough to know what they return for next year?

Btw, gg to @IrktogBuff

CU didn't go down without a fight. They were honestly a scoring guard away from really being a complete team, IMO. Sherrod can score, but her game, coupled with her size, made her more of a drive and dish and take what the defense gives her kind of guard. She is a tenacious defender though and can create offense through her defense.

They also had guard/forwards that could knock down 3s and certainly posed a problem inside for Iowa with their two bigs, who killed them on the offensive glass.

Like I said if they just had one other scoring guard to take the pressure off Sherrod, that would've made a huge difference and they probably would've been even higher than a 6 seed.

Do you follow them enough to know what they return for next year?
Not really, I probably will start paying a bit more attention now that they are getting better. A quick look at the roster shows that only one seems to be in her last year. Sherrod and Miller are both seniors but it looks like they still have their covid year left and it looks like they have a good recruiting class coming in.

Not really, I probably will start paying a bit more attention now that they are getting better. A quick look at the roster shows that only one seems to be in her last year. Sherrod and Miller are both seniors but it looks like they still have their covid year left and it looks like they have a good recruiting class coming in.
I think the covid year has changed CBB as a whole, especially when you couple in NIL, particularly on the men's side.

Teams are older, more veteran groups and I think that is contributing to some of the upsets you're seeing in the women's tournament this year, including Colorado over Duke.

Sounds like the Buffaloes aren't going anywhere but up after a solid run this season.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think the covid year has changed CBB as a whole, especially when you couple in NIL, particularly on the men's side.

Teams are older, more veteran groups and I think that is contributing to some of the upsets you're seeing in the women's tournament this year, including Colorado over Duke.

Sounds like the Buffaloes aren't going anywhere but up after a solid run this season.
I'm curious when all the 6 years players are over, if it will return back to what it was prior to Covid.

NIL and instant transfers are here to stay.

I'm curious when all the 6 years players are over, if it will return back to what it was prior to Covid.
There will probably be a dip, for sure, as teams will go back to being younger to a degree.

But programs are starting to settle into the NIL landscape, so that will always play a factor in the makeup of rosters as well, along with how long players stick around as opposed to going pro.

For example, Caitlin Clark may choose to stay at Iowa for a 5th season because it would be more profitable to her than to go to the WNBA..............which probably also speaks more to the issues with that league than anything but I digress.............

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
And the upsets continue.

Ending a streak of 16 consecutive Elite 8s, the Ohio State Buckeyes not only stun UConn, but do it in runaway fashion as they send Geno Auriemma packing with an 83-71 defeat.

The Buckeyes move on to face Virginia Tech in a Regional Final.

Do they have a chance against VT? I don’t follow women’s at all but saw OSU pulled a big upset

I cheer for UT and I cheer against UConn.
UT is a top 20 team and no more. No shame in losing to VTech. UConn got beat and I'm glad.

Clark played awesome (as usual) but kind of pathetic that they gave her the 10th rebound just so she'd get the triple-double. She tipped it out and one of her teammates got the actual rebound. 🤣 That official scorer should be fired. A tip only counts as a rebound if it's a scoring attempt after a miss around the bucket.

Clark played awesome (as usual) but kind of pathetic that they gave her the 10th rebound just so she'd get the triple-double. She tipped it out and one of her teammates got the actual rebound. 🤣 That official scorer should be fired. A tip only counts as a rebound if it's a scoring attempt after a miss around the bucket.
I was rooting for a Ricky Davis tribute

I wonder if they will do a stat check after the game.

As it stands, it is the first 30 AND 40 pt triple double in NCAA Tournament history, men's or womens..........

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT