ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament guidelines

Villian07

Aug 11, 2015
How do we feel about the, no reseeding regardless and no fill ins once the tourney starts.

I don’t like the no reseeding period. So say Baylor get covid right before the tourney, they forfeit out and whoever they have as the next team in, say GT. GT becomes the 1 seed instead of moving everyone up a line.

Also if the small conf auto big gets covid that conf gets to send the 2nd place team.

But after the tourney start, there are no fill ins, so anyone who has to sit bc of covid just has to forfeit.

This def makes me rethink my no asterisk stance on this year. I guess we will just have to see how it plays out, I just hope it does.

KU's been adhering to one of the strictest covid protocols all season. I'd laugh my ass off if they ended up in the final four by default.
About time you guys follow some rules, also, default FF would help getting over the flaming out early rounds stigma.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
KU's been adhering to one of the strictest covid protocols all season. I'd laugh my ass off if they ended up in the final four by default.

Hopefully since our protocols were obv lacs and we’ve had so many issues with players getting covid we have enough “immune” players to not have to forfeit.

The thing is, they should have given teams a full two weeks following selection sunday, or at least close to it. But now teams have to travel, get to the venue, and hope they didn't get COVID or a false positive COVID all in 3/4 days before they play.

The question is, who is doing the testing? Is the NCAA testing everyone or is it up to each individual team? Because if it's left up to the teams, there's gonna be some fibbing going on...

Reactions: sgrooms
I’d have to think it’s through the NCAA bc of the exact reason you mentioned.
My hope is that the NCAA did some sort of study on how the NBA implemented their bubble and is doing as much as they can to emulate that. But, not having that leadup time to the start of play makes me feel like a team getting a positive or false positive test is inevitable.

Of course, now that they are letting fans attend, who knows how that impacts the protocols and potential for someone getting it. Will fans be forced to produce a negative test from within the previous few days to gain entry?

Reactions: Villian07
My hope is that the NCAA did some sort of study on how the NBA implemented their bubble and is doing as much as they can to emulate that. But, not having that leadup time to the start of play makes me feel like a team getting a positive or false positive test is inevitable.

Of course, now that they are letting fans attend, who knows how that impacts the protocols and potential for someone getting it. Will fans be forced to produce a negative test from within the previous few days to gain entry?
All fans should be required to wear a Jason Voorhees hockey mask. Or maybe just the home team, and the visitors wear a plague mask. That should make for an interesting tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT