ADVERTISEMENT

***NCAA Tournament Day 2 Thread***

sgrooms

Jan 27, 2010
Now that we got the JV games out of the way, the big boys can play! I think a vast majority of brackets have the champion coming from today's games (and no, not Iowa).

And if all goes right today, I'll be $6,000 richer.

Reactions: tw3301
No one cares about the 1 vs 16 matchups. Even the one involving Virginia.

Yesterday we learned that a 3 pt underdog is only technically an upset, but not really. Does 4.5 count? We'll need clarification on where the cutoff is. @Monorojo

Somewhat related, like 5-6 people in my bracket pool has Cincy in the elite eight- but I don't trust Cronin in March...

Do you think today's games will have higher or lower ratings?

No idea, frankly. I know you probably think millions would tune in to watch Zion paint a wall, but even if that’s the case, I’m not sure it equals higher ratings for the slate.

Ja Morant played and dazzled. The defending champs played. Kentucky, KU, Michigan St and Michigan played. Auburn had a crazy finish. And a nice game between Syracuse and Baylor.

No idea, frankly. I know you probably think millions would tune in to watch Zion paint a wall, but even if that’s the case, I’m not sure it equals higher ratings for the slate.

Ja Morant played and dazzled. The defending champs played. Kentucky, KU, Michigan St and Michigan played. Auburn had a crazy finish. And a nice game between Syracuse and Baylor.

Agree with your point. So if ratings are better today, that has to be a clear indication that people care.

I’m hoping it looks more like Gonzaga-FDU than Michigan State-Bradley. However, just get the ****ing win and move on.

Survive and advance is the name of the game. Don't matter how. Though I hope for your sake you guys win big. If you somehow lost to a 16 back to back years I think it would be okay to KYS.

Yesterday we learned that a 3 pt underdog is only technically an upset, but not really. Does 4.5 count? We'll need clarification on where the cutoff is. @Monorojo

The term upset more has to do with the consensus opinion. Like when it was the overwhelming majority of people who thought Ohio state would lose to Alabama in the 2014 sugar bowl because the sec was so fast. Then zeke embarrassed Alabama running for 200 yards+ and people were surprised when Ohio state spanked that ass and embarrassed an entire region of the United states (the south)

A Vegas line of 3 points in either basketball or football isn’t really an upset. There is no overwhelming consensus on who will win the game, it’s a toss up. Kind of like two 8-4 teams in football or a 12/5 matchup where the best player on the floor is on the 12 seed (see Murray st and Marquette)

If you need another lesson in sports, just let me know.

The term upset more has to do with the consensus opinion. Like when it was the overwhelming majority of people who thought Ohio state would lose to Alabama in the 2014 sugar bowl because the sec was so fast. Then zeke embarrassed Alabama running for 200 yards+ and people were surprised when Ohio state spanked that ass and embarrassed an entire region of the United states (the south)

A Vegas line of 3 points in either basketball or football isn’t really an upset. There is no overwhelming consensus on who will win the game, it’s a toss up. Kind of like two 8-4 teams in football or a 12/5 matchup where the best player on the floor is on the 12 seed (see Murray st and Marquette)

giphy.gif

Survive and advance is the name of the game. Don't matter how. Though I hope for your sake you guys win big. If you somehow lost to a 16 back to back years I think it would be okay to KYS.

And I would use the $1150 that you guys donated to the bracket pool to buy the supplies to KMS

BOOMER!! Its time for the Sooners annual early exit. I'm hopeful they win but I'm not holding my breath.

As human beings we become decent people by learning from our mistakes and being better today than we were yesterday. You have let yourself down and as a result, you have let us all down. We were all rooting for you too.

I’ve always enjoyed the second round way more than the first round.

I love the tourney but the first round games are by far my least favorite.

I did a half day at work yesterday, admittedly, so I wasnt ready to go at noon. Today, I am in full couch lazy mode. Got a case of Yeungling so I can pace myself today. Going to order pizza in a few. Today is all about being a slovenly heathen basketball nutcase and its pure glory. Ill deal with the repercussions in tomorrow mornings workout.

Moving away from spreads and only to money lines, IMO the only thing you can count on is that teams will play to win, its anyone's guess who will cover a spread. Blowouts can tighten up down the stretch with poor FT shooting and tight games can turn into blowouts with good FT shooting.

Betting picks

Miss State over Liberty with Buffalo over ASU (-110)

ISU over OSU with VT over SLU (-156)

Cincy over Iowa with TT over NKU (-138)

Bracket picks

7 Cincy over 10 Iowa
9 Oklahoma over 8 Ole Miss
3 TT over 14 NKU
13 UCI over 4 KSU
2 Tenn over 15 Colgate
1 UVA over 16 GWebb
6 Buff over 11 ASU
5 Wisconsin over 12 Oregon
8 Utah State over 9 Washington
1 Duke over 16 NDSU
3 Houston over 14 GSU
5 Miss State over 12 Liberty
1 UNC over 16 Iona
8 VCU over 9 UCF
6 ISU over 11 tOSU
4 VT over 13 SLU

Moving away from spreads and only to money lines, IMO the only thing you can count on is that teams will play to win, its anyone's guess who will cover a spread. Blowouts can tighten up down the stretch with poor FT shooting and tight games can turn into blowouts with good FT shooting.

Betting picks

Miss State over Liberty with Buffalo over ASU (-110)

ISU over OSU with VT over SLU (-156)

Cincy over Iowa with TT over NKU (-138)

Bracket picks

7 Cincy over 10 Iowa
9 Oklahoma over 8 Ole Miss
3 TT over 14 NKU
13 UCI over 4 KSU
2 Tenn over 15 Colgate
1 UVA over 16 GWebb
6 Buff over 11 ASU
5 Wisconsin over 12 Oregon
8 Utah State over 9 Washington
1 Duke over 16 NDSU
3 Houston over 14 GSU
5 Miss State over 12 Liberty
1 UNC over 16 Iona
8 VCU over 9 UCF
6 ISU over 11 tOSU
4 VT over 13 SLU

Gimme Cincy, OU, TT, K-State, Tenn, Oregon, Arizona St, Washington, Duke, Houston, Liberty, UNC, UCF, ISU and VT.

Reactions: xWVU2010x

thanks for clarifying
i was not sure if the Iowa blowout 2 years ago or the Purdue blowout last year of Ohio State FB was an upset or not

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT