ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Selection Show Thread

Ok......Not sure Oscar has seen one dude in the SEC comparable to Edey/Williams.

Williams is tough, man.....He or Edey would be 1st teamers if not on the same team..

Then there is Ivey...

Played against the 7'5 kid for WKU this year. Had a double double before he went out.

KU will be a 1, but I fully expect to be in the most loaded region.

You guys got Providence and Wisconsin in the same region? I'd say you actually have the most favorable path to the Final Four. Iowa and Auburn would be the only legitimate threats.

San Diego State might be a potential annoying second round matchup. Their defense is stifling AF. But, can't imagine SDSU outscoring KU.

You guys got Providence and Wisconsin in the same region? I'd say you actually have the most favorable path to the Final Four. Iowa and Auburn would be the only legitimate threats.

San Diego State might be a potential annoying second round matchup. Their defense is stifling AF. But, can't imagine SDSU outscoring KU.
I agree. Wisconsin and Providence are the weakest 3 and 4 seeds, imo. Providence especially. They beat up on shitty teams all season. They aren't that good. Creighton just freakin' smashed them by 30.

So Virginia Tech wins the ACCT and gets an 11 seed vs a 6 seed Texas team that finished 4th in the Big 12, didn't do shit in their conference tournament, and has a worse record.

Played against the 7'5 kid for WKU this year. Had a double double before he went out.
I dislike Purdue with all I got----BUT, there is absolutely no way I'd considered a path getting to the FF as wasy, with those dudes being a potential opponent...Not with their size. UK goes as Oscar goes....And, well, they sort of have two Oscars.....Then that dude named Jaden Ivey.

Jamarion Sharp is no Zach Edey, BTW....

Reactions: Aberdale

Yeah, I’m not complaining overall.

However, you’ve got the regular season winner of the Big 10, Big 10 tourney winner, regular season SEC champ, and Big East champ. Wouldn’t say it’s cupcake city. I also think Providence is better than some people realize.

It’s hard to compare these regions. So much parity.

Committee always sucks off the Big 10. They are so overvalued every year.
7 of the past 12.. seasons, the B10 has had a team in the FF....Twice had 2 teams...

Michigan, MSU, OSU and Wisconsin....Purdue was an answered prayer away from being there 2019---which would have made 3x's the B10 had put multiple teams in the FF...

I can go back 20 years, and explain how the B10 has had 6 different schools play for the title: UM, Wisky, MSU, OSU, Illinois and Indiana...

Damn near having a team in 70% of the past 12 FF's is overvalued?

So Virginia Tech wins the ACCT and gets an 11 seed vs a 6 seed Texas team that finished 4th in the Big 12, didn't do shit in their conference tournament, and has a worse record.
Worse record? They have fewer losses. And they finished higher in a better league. The teams that finished above them were all top 10 on Kenpom.

Did VT have any quality wins before the last couple days?

Also, if Texas were overrated, wouldn’t that be a good thing for VT?

Last edited:
7 of the past 12.. seasons, the B10 has had a team in the FF....Twice had 2 teams...

Michigan, MSU, OSU and Wisconsin....Purdue was an answered prayer away from being there 2019---which would have made 3x's the B10 had put multiple teams in the FF...

I can go back 20 years, and explain how the B10 has had 6 different schools play for the title: UM, Wisky, MSU, OSU, Illinois and Indiana...

Damn near having a team in 70% of the past 12 FF's is overvalued?
More teams in equals more chances.

I dislike Purdue with all I got----BUT, there is absolutely no way I'd considered a path getting to the FF as wasy, with those dudes being a potential opponent...Not with their size. UK goes as Oscar goes....And, well, they sort of have two Oscars.....Then that dude named Jaden Ivey.

Jamarion Sharp is no Zach Edey, BTW....

Ok? I didn't say it was gonna be easy. Purdue was the three seed I didn't really want. However they have a horrible defense. Edey plays like 20 mins a game. When he's in there Kentucky will run and target him being behind the play.

• Haha
Ok? I didn't say it was gonna be easy. Purdue was the three seed I didn't really want. However they have a horrible defense. Edey plays like 20 mins a game. When he's in there Kentucky will run and target him being behind the play.
Because their other All-Big 10 center plays the other 20....

Never said you said it would be easy....But a few have.

Yes, they are not good defensively----But elite offensvely---especially with Ivey. Lots of shooters.

More teams in equals more chances.
True....But its not like the B10 is the only conference the past 10+ years to get 8/9 or more teams in...But it seems every year, they have someone in the FF...

Because their other All-Big 10 center plays the other 20....

Never said you said it would be easy....But a few have.

Yes, they are not good defensively----But elite offensvely---especially with Ivey. Lots of shooters.
I'm actually more worried about Williams. It's going to be a hard game. Not to mention we've not been the best at stopping players like Ivey from driving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT