ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Selection Show Thread

The committees really dont like PAC-12 teams, only 3 got in. I also thought UCLA was a 3 seed and Purdue was 4, turned out it was the opposite.

I don’t get them being seeded lower than Kentucky.
Identical overall and conference records. UK #5 in NET, UT #8. That may have been the difference. Actually IDK if that #8 has been updated since they beat A&M.

You did see Purdue there as the 3, right?? Not only do they have ONE dude to throw at Oscar---but TWO.....And two very good players at that...Not tomention Jaden Ivey.
Purdue plays atrocious defense is what I've seen this year.

No it’s not, Kentucky will breeze through to NO.
reverse-uno.gif

Purdue plays atrocious defense is what I've seen this year.
They are meh defensively....But they can fukin score....And Oscar makes UK who they are. Purdue has two very, very good post players in 6'10", 255 Trevion Williams and 7'4", 295 Zach Edey....

UK certainly can get to New Orleans----but cakewalk? No. Purdue is gonna be a problem if those two meet.

Reactions: Aberdale
They are meh defensively....But they can fukin score....And Oscar makes UK who they are. Purdue has two very, very good post players in 6'10", 255 Trevion Williams and 7'4", 295 Zach Edey....

UK certainly can get to New Orleans----but cakewalk? No. Purdue is gonna be a problem if those two meet.
Like UK, UCLA or Purdue to make the final four over Baylor..

Glad I bought tickets to the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 weeks ago. Duke being out west just jumped up those prices

Houston is #3 net and a 5 seed
Well it's not the only factor, obviously, but when you are trying to split hairs between resumes it can be a deciding factor. Honestly not even sure how Houston is #3. They are 0-4 in Quad 1 games. Might be 1-4 now with the win over Memphis.

The committees really dont like PAC-12 teams, only 3 got in. I also thought UCLA was a 3 seed and Purdue was 4, turned out it was the opposite.
I thought we were a 3 at worst but the seeding process has always been a bit of a mess. I care more about where we play the first weekend.

What continues to amaze me is those higher seeds that play a lot closer to home then their lower seeded opponent. Making a better team and their fans travel, in some instances double the distance, has always been inconsistent.

But it is what it is, it's an imperfect system. Our sights are set on Akron.

Reactions: duckboy33
I thought we were a 3 at worst but the seeding process has always been a bit of a mess. I care more about where we play the first weekend.

What continues to amaze me is those higher seeds that play a lot closer to home then their lower seeded opponent. Making a better team and their fans travel, in some instances double the distance, has always been inconsistent.

But it is what it is, it's an imperfect system. Our sights are set on Akron.

UCLA is much better team than their seed suggests. It's a shame last year's results didn't give the committee any pause about this and the Big Ten love fest

Oscar will smoke him too, but yes... length is his kryptonite.
Ok......Not sure Oscar has seen one dude in the SEC comparable to Edey/Williams.

Williams is tough, man.....He or Edey would be 1st teamers if not on the same team..

Then there is Ivey...

ADVERTISEMENT