ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Selection Show Thread

Scotty00

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2008
What seed do you think your team deserves and what seed do you think they get?

If Kentucky beats UT yesterday we get a 1 seed but based on how everything played out I think we get a 2 seed and I think that’s what we deserve. Good luck everybody. Should be a fun tourney. #MarchMadness

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Worthless.
erlich-bachman-yes-i-am.gif

Probably an 8 or 9. Hopefully a 10.

I'm going to head down to the basement to work out and practice some putting while the show is on. Will eventually be on to discuss how everyone's team got screwed though.

I think Iowa knocks Providence off the 4 line with the win over Purdue. Here's what I think is likely for the top 4 seeds.

1: Gonzaga, Arizona, Kansas, Baylor
2: Tennessee, Kentucky, Villanova, Auburn
3: Purdue, Texas Tech, Duke, Wisconsin
4: UCLA, Illinois, Arkansas, Iowa

Reactions: duckboy33
KU will be a 1, but I fully expect to be in the most loaded region.

We are a 2 or 3. Depends what the committee values.

Auburn and Kentucky already had 2 seeds secured, IMO. And I feel like Villanova and Tennessee earned 2 seeds this weekend. I'd say a 3 seed for Purdue is more than probable.

I think Iowa knocks Providence off the 4 line with the win over Purdue. Here's what I think is likely for the top 4 seeds.

1: Gonzaga, Arizona, Kansas, Baylor
2: Tennessee, Kentucky, Villanova, Auburn
3: Purdue, Texas Tech, Duke, Wisconsin
4: UCLA, Illinois, Arkansas, Iowa

Looks good to me. I’d probably put UCLA over Wisconsin but I’m also a PAC 12 homer

Reactions: dukedevilz
Does Duke or Purdue drop off the 2 line? Does Tennessee move up? Would be pretty crazy to have 3 SEC teams as 2 seeds.

Auburn and Kentucky already had 2 seeds secured, IMO. And I feel like Villanova and Tennessee earned 2 seeds this weekend. I'd say a 3 seed for Purdue is more than probable.
Nova is close. Purdue is 8-6 vs Q1. Nova 7-6. Both have 1 Q2 loss. I fear one will be the 2 in Philly and the other the 3 in Philly.

Looks good to me. I’d probably put UCLA over Wisconsin but I’m also a PAC 12 homer

UCLA has a much higher ceiling, IMO - especially with how Jaquez has been playing of late. But, Wisconsin has so many quality wins on the season. Even if they look a little vulnerable, hard to push them off the 3 line. 9-3 in Q1 and 7-2 in Q2 games is really impressive.

Reactions: duckboy33
UCLA has a much higher ceiling, IMO - especially with how Jaquez has been playing of late. But, Wisconsin has so many quality wins on the season. Even if they look a little vulnerable, hard to push them off the 3 line. 9-3 in Q1 and 7-2 in Q2 games is really impressive.

I get it. It’s hard to argue with that. But I believe UCLA is a better team and I don’t think it’s close

Reactions: dukedevilz
Tennessee or Baylor seem like the most likely options
Baylor also lost in the first game of the conference tourney, their resume aint any better. Tennessee did win the SEC tourney, but I doubt it matters. Historically committees didnt seem to care much about Sunday's games, the picks were probably already made before the SEC tourney ended.

Baylor also lost in the first game of the conference tourney, their resume aint any better. Tennessee did win the SEC tourney, but I doubt it matters. Historically committees didnt seem to care much about Sunday's games, the picks were probably already made before the SEC tourney ended.

Tennessees win over Kentucky did a lot more to help their resume than todays game

ADVERTISEMENT