ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA giving in

Honestly, this doesn't say shit about what they will allow.

"in a manner consistent with the collegiate model" - Meaning what?

"Assure student-athletes are treated similarly to non-athlete students unless a compelling reason exists to differentiate." - Isn't the fact that the NCAA is making money hand over fist off of the athletes already a compelling reason? Also, the fact that people are willing to pay them for their likeness certainly differentiates them from your average college student.

They are gonna mess this up, I'd bet you a large sum of money.

Honestly, this doesn't say shit about what they will allow.

"in a manner consistent with the collegiate model" - Meaning what?

"Assure student-athletes are treated similarly to non-athlete students unless a compelling reason exists to differentiate." - Isn't the fact that the NCAA is making money hand over fist off of the athletes already a compelling reason?

They are gonna mess this up, I'd bet you a large sum of money.
This stood out to me.

"Make clear that compensation for athletics performance or participation is impermissible."

Reactions: Global Havok
This stood out to me.

"Make clear that compensation for athletics performance or participation is impermissible."
I don’t think thats ever been the main issue, albeit a fair point. The main problem has been everyone benefiting ratings and merchandise except the players. All it’s saying is that they should be fairly compensated for the rewards that the NCAA and schools make off of them.

If I wanted to buy a number 2 jersey because Khalil Whitney is balling out, he should be fairly compensated. The only reason I paid for it was because of him.

Reactions: GE Nole
Agree with Jeff! Thanks to the politicians for getting involved with sports!

But I did laugh at this Senator. He really wants the athletes to be employees, huh? Good luck with that one.

Being players under 18 can't legally be under a contract, I guess parents will be the ones paid.

ADVERTISEMENT