ADVERTISEMENT

Ncaa baseball tournament

6 SEC teams but they all play each other. Guarantees 3 SEC teams in CWS but they probably would have had more if they weren't all paired up.

And UVA has had to carry the ACC in baseball since we're the only team that can actually win it all. Unless you want to count 1955 Wake.
SEC is a monster in baseball. And I tell You what---those mudder fuvchers take the shit serious as fvck. I know the SEC lobes them some pigskin. But baseball ain't far off.

Reactions: olsonab
26 years and you haven't won a damn thing and you blame Swofford. I guess having coaches that suck along with the AD's wasn't the problem. BTW here's to another 26 years of futility in the ACC. You guys will be a Jeopardy question real soon. Laughing
tenor.gif

Reactions: tw3301
SEC is a monster in baseball. And I tell You what---those mudder fuvchers take the shit serious as fvck. I know the SEC lobes them some pigskin. But baseball ain't far off.

No doubt. I was proud that when UVA won it all in 2015 we had to go through Arkansas, Florida and Vandy for the title.

I thought that it was cool that former Florida basketball coach, Billy Donovan, came back to Gainesville and gave the #1 UF team a pep talk about going for back-to-back national titles. It's nice that Donovan still keeps tabs with the Gators in some way.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...F-Baseball-about-playing-their-game-118661667

It’s been a rough two weeks for the No. 1 rated and No. 1 seeded Florida Baseball team. Having lost six of their last seven contests including getting swept by Mississippi State and going 1-2 in the SEC Tournament, this team had by far the roughest stretch of their season. So, Florida head coach Kevin O’Sullivan called on an old friend, to come in and talk to his team.

Billy Donovan was in town and O’Sullivan saw a chance to have someone make a difference for a team that has gone in the recent funk that his has. Donovan of course is the uber-successful former basketball coach at Florida that left a few years ago for the NBA, but before doing so won back-to-back national championships in 2006 and 2007.

The Gators won the national championship a year ago, their first ever. They are the number one seed in this year’s NCAA Tournament. O’Sullivan saw even more similarities and so called on Donovan to talk to his team about the situation they are in.

“I thought it was really effective,” O’Sullivan said Thursday, the day before his team meets Columbia in the first game of the Gainesville Regional. “I thought he did a really good job and Billy and I have stayed in touch over the years. I think what happened was we got done with Saturday’s game and looked back at Billy’s ’06 and ’07 seasons and I think they were 27-2 and then went on a skid there and lost three-of-five. I thought there were a lot of similarities between both teams. I decided to reach out to Billy and he was in town. It worked out and I thought he was really helpful.

Florida takes on Auburn in a super regional.

Dang, FSU got beat by Samford.....

Well, the 'noles can take solace with their women's softball team.
FSU had just won their 1st softball national title (& also the ACC's first one).
Congrats to them.

Well, the 'noles can take solace with their women's softball team.
FSU had just won their 1st softball national title (& also the ACC's first one).
Congrats to them.

Yeah FSU had most trips to WCWS without a title until last night. Baseball team still has that honor though.

Major win for Louisville. We’re keeing Dan McDonnell

Major win for Louisville. We’re keeing Dan McDonnell

Dude is the Tony Bennett of college baseball but with way more talent on his rosters. Dominant regular seasons and falls flat in the postseason.

Dude is the Tony Bennett of college baseball but with way more talent on his rosters. Dominant regular seasons and falls flat in the postseason.

Too young this year led to some very bad games. Next year we should be in Omaha at the minimum

Too young this year led to some very bad games. Next year we should be in Omaha at the minimum

I have no clue how you didn't get out of the Super Regionals some years with that level of talent. UVA is the only ACC team that has the balls to win it all in Omaha.

I have no clue how you didn't get out of the Super Regionals some years with that level of talent. UVA is the only ACC team that has the balls to win it all in Omaha.

Unlucky breaks and some let downs. This year showed at TT. They got overwhelmed and the pitching was bad and some bad errors. We have a good class coming in & should have some vets next year to host and take us to the CWS. I’ll never forget that stupid grand slam by Cal St Fullerton to win a walk off.

Reactions: jhmossy
Unlucky breaks and some let downs. This year showed at TT. They got overwhelmed and the pitching was bad and some bad errors. We have a good class coming in & should have some vets next year to host and take us to the CWS. I’ll never forget that stupid grand slam by Cal St Fullerton to win a walk off.

****ing hate CSF. TT is really good this year. I wouldn't be ashamed to lose to them in Lubbock. Hopefully, UVA gets healthy next year and we can keep some of these elite recruits from signing with MLB teams.

****ing hate CSF. TT is really good this year. I wouldn't be ashamed to lose to them in Lubbock. Hopefully, UVA gets healthy next year and we can keep some of these elite recruits from signing with MLB teams.

Yeah I mean we had 2 signees go in the first round. One at #6. Obviously he isn't coming..

Reactions: jhmossy
Too young this year in baseball but provided prostitutes to 16 year old basketball recruits. When is too young too young?

Too young this year in baseball but provided prostitutes to 16 year old basketball recruits. When is too young too young?

Ok. You're really trying too hard now and it's just getting old at this point. Your own brethren that are regulars on this board don't even find it amusing anymore.

Reactions: tw3301
Baseball is a crazy sport. So you just never know. But IMO, Florida's the best team. And honestly...By a ton. So many weapons. A deep, deep, deep staff. India is just crazy good. They should win it...But ad said---bsseball is a crazy sport; Which means Tenn Tech's gonna win the damn thing.Laughing

My brother has an engineering degree form there so that would be pretty cool, lol. The Reds took India so hope the dude is as legit as you say he is.

My brother has an engineering degree form there so that would be pretty cool, lol. The Reds took India so hope the dude is as legit as you say he is.
India will be a stud. Just not as a Red.Sick

Meh....I mean not really. Getting to the CWS is tough. Winning it is even tougher. Advancing to a super is kinda like getting to a FF. At a minimm you have to win 3 games. It' tough.

Meh....I mean not really. Getting to the CWS is tough. Winning it is even tougher. Advancing to a super is kinda like getting to a FF. At a minimm you have to win 3 games. It' tough.

You also have to lose twice to be eliminated.

You also have to lose twice to be eliminated.
Fair. But baseball is a game where one guy can shut you down. Dominate an entire team/game. You Don t have to have the best team. Just that one guy. On that one day. Who has his stuff going. Dudes like that can wreck a season quickly.
Plus, you face a pretty stern test the next day. In all likelihood, the 2 seed out of your Regional . And in most cases, you'll have to neat that team twice. And that' s just the regional..
Supers are a whole other beast.

Fair. But baseball is a game where one guy can shut you down. Dominate an entire team/game. You Don t have to have the best team. Just that one guy. On that one day. Who has his stuff going. Dudes like that can wreck a season quickly.
Plus, you face a pretty stern test the next day. In all likelihood, the 2 seed out of your Regional . And in most cases, you'll have to neat that team twice. And that' s just the regional..
Supers are a whole other beast.
This!!!! The competition in college baseball is so level it’s ridiculous.
Carolina beat Stetson today, Stetson has the best pitching staff in the country & had won 18 in a row. But because it’s Stetson, everyone thinks it’s an easy series.

This!!!! The competition in college baseball is so level it’s ridiculous.
Carolina beat Stetson today, Stetson has the best pitching staff in the country & had won 18 in a row. But because it’s Stetson, everyone thinks it’s an easy series.
Not only that. But it's a team sport that can be dominated by one guy. And on some days, that one guy is all you need. That's what is so unique about baseball. You can lose 15-0 to team "A" on Monday. Then turn around and beat them on Tuesday. No other sport can offer that. Where one guy can shut down an entire team. And that's all it takes.

I worked the IHSAA baseball tourney a couple weeks ago. Two, Top 10 teams in my sectional. A team that was 12-12 won the damn thing. And beat both Top 10 teams. They threw their stud on Wed. Threw their #2 on Thurs vs a lesser team. Brought their ace back for the final on Monday. And he was lights out.
That' baseball.

Not only that. But it's a team sport that can be dominated by one guy.

Baseball is a strange sport, no doubt. I kind of see it as an individual sport, just with a team concept. Your teammates can't help you hit the ball, steal a base, catch a ball, or make a throw. That's on you as the individual. 90% of the action is simply pitcher verse batter. Even defensive plays, for the most part, are handled individually.

Baseball is a strange sport, no doubt. I kind of see it as an individual sport, just with a team concept. Your teammates can't help you hit the ball, steal a base, catch a ball, or make a throw. That's on you as the individual. 90% of the action is simply pitcher verse batter. Even defensive plays, for the most part, are handled individually.
And that’s what makes it the greatest sport ever. You can’t hide behind a clock. You have to go out & get 27 outs & score more runs than you give up.
You said it exactly like it is, a team sport based on individual performance.

Duke-Texas Tech Game 3 today with a trip to Omaha on the line.

We lit up their ace Killian yesterday and our batters are in a groove so I'm cautiously optimistic.
It would be really cool if both UNC & Duke made the finals in the college World Series.
Let the greatest rivalry in College basketball carry over to Baseball.

CWS bracket is set

3 SEC teams (UF, Arkansas, Mississippi State)
2 Pac-12 teams (Washington, Oregon State)
2 Big 12 teams (Texas, Texas Tech)
1 ACC team (UNC)

I really don't want UNC to win. I like UVA being the only ACC team to win it this century. Not a huge fan of the SEC so ruling those teams out, although I do like the way MSU plays. I guess I would be okay with UF winning it since their coach (Kevin O'Sullivan) is a UVA alum. Texas and Oregon State have more titles than we do so that would give them more separation. Give me Texas Tech or Washington at this point. I'd probably go Washington.

Down to the last out and a pop foul drops in the middle of 3 dudes.... RollLaugh

Oregon State is going to crush them tomorrow and then it will sting even more.
Just can’t pull of Oregon St & that POS child molester they have.
On a side note, how about the coaching hire Miss St made? That was a shocker.

Just can’t pull of Oregon St & that POS child molester they have.
On a side note, how about the coaching hire Miss St made? That was a shocker.
I got my undergrad degree from OSU and they went back-to-back when I was there, so I am obligated to cheer for them. Laughing Yeah, the MSU hire came out of left field!

I got my undergrad degree from OSU and they went back-to-back when I was there, so I am obligated to cheer for them. Laughing Yeah, the MSU hire came out of left field!
I get where you’re coming from but I could never cheer for Luke Heimlich to have any success.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT