ADVERTISEMENT

Ncaa baseball tournament

uncfan in ky

Oct 23, 2008
Opening day of the tournament. Does anybody here follow college baseball?
Looked on the baseball board & it’s dead.

We play tonight at 7. Im trying to figure out if that’s 7 central or eastern. Since they are playing in Texax, I know Texas is central, but that usually doesn’t mean a whole lot.

I do know it’s like 102 degrees where we’re playing

Missed the tourney this year after 14 straight appearances. Really tough season to follow. That championship is 2015 helps though.

Opening day of the tournament. Does anybody here follow college baseball?
Looked on the baseball board & it’s dead.
Jacked that Purdue made the tournament in Coach Waz' 2nd year. Hoping we beat Houston tonight to get a shot at UNC.

I hope to see all ACC teams represent well. Seems like there are a whole lot of good baseball teams in the conference.

Jacked that Purdue made the tournament in Coach Waz' 2nd year. Hoping we beat Houston tonight to get a shot at UNC.
I honestly don’t know much about either school. I’ve heard Houston is pretty solid. I plan on watching it myself, good luck.

Kentucky had such a great start to the season and then just collapsed. I watched them play in it last year, but I don’t care enough about college baseball or baseball in general to follow the tournament if UK isn’t in it

Kentucky had such a great start to the season and then just collapsed. I watched them play in it last year, but I don’t care enough about college baseball or baseball in general to follow the tournament if UK isn’t in it
UK absolutely positively got screwed & should’ve been in the tournament.
On the bright side for UK fans, looking like you’re going to keep your coach.

Should we have?? I just know at some point we were top 5 and then fell all the way out. I do love our coach so crossing my fingers he’s back in Lexington next season

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Should we have?? I just know at some point we were top 5 and then fell all the way out. I do love our coach so crossing my fingers he’s back in Lexington next season
I don’t know the exact numbers on strength of schedule or RPI but yes, from everything I’ve read, UK should’ve been invited. The SEC is absolutely brutal in baseball.
Looking like Miss St is going in a different direction instead of going after him.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Dunno about that. Finished 13-17 in SEC. INCLUDING a season ending sweep to Vanderbilt. Followed by an opening round loss in the SEC tourney.

Welp...Hoosiers just gave up a 7 spot to A&M in the 4th. Trail 7-0.

Solid.

Dunno about that. Finished 13-17 in SEC. INCLUDING a season ending sweep to Vanderbilt. Followed by an opening round loss in the SEC tourney.
Didn’t they also have a few injuries during that time?
Kinda odd, I’m sticking up for UK making the tournament & you’re not.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
We whooped ole Kent State's ace pitcher. He had around 50 pitches going into the 2nd inning lol.

We play against the Red Raiders tomorrow in a very critical game 2. Win that and you get some time off plus the next team you play will have already played that day.

Also, I dont think we can beat Tech twice in a row with a loss on our belt already so must win for us tomorrow.

I honestly don’t know much about either school. I’ve heard Houston is pretty solid. I plan on watching it myself, good luck.
So much for that. We didn't look ready for prime time. Oh well. We were playing with house money since we were picked 11th in the B1G preseason.

7-run 4th inning did the Hoosiers in. Lost 10-3 to TX A&M.

Didn’t they also have a few injuries during that time?
Kinda odd, I’m sticking up for UK making the tournament & you’re not.
Not really NOT stick8ng up for them. SEC is rough as shit. 13 wins in that conference is solid. BUT... When you get swept by Vandy, then lose your SEC opener...Well it doesn' t bold well for you. Honestly I was somewhat surprised they didn' get in. Worked a few of their games; before the injuries. Thought them they were a legit CWS threat.

Damn, Houston won’t go away. They just hit a Grand Slam to cut the UNC lead to 3.
Heels up 14-11 top 8th.

Yeah, rain delay but I get it. Have to protect the people there.

Just like basketball. Carolina & Duke carrying the ACC again.

6 SEC teams but they all play each other. Guarantees 3 SEC teams in CWS but they probably would have had more if they weren't all paired up.

And UVA has had to carry the ACC in baseball since we're the only team that can actually win it all. Unless you want to count 1955 Wake.

Reactions: rdgtr
I would say the whole John Swofford era has been good to the tarholes. Wonder why that is...

26 years and you haven't won a damn thing and you blame Swofford. I guess having coaches that suck along with the AD's wasn't the problem. BTW here's to another 26 years of futility in the ACC. You guys will be a Jeopardy question real soon. Laughing

Baseball is a crazy sport. So you just never know. But IMO, Florida's the best team. And honestly...By a ton. So many weapons. A deep, deep, deep staff. India is just crazy good. They should win it...But ad said---bsseball is a crazy sport; Which means Tenn Tech's gonna win the damn thing.Laughing

Reactions: rdgtr
ADVERTISEMENT