ADVERTISEMENT

***NBA Playoffs: Finals Thread***

Its nice seeing U of L's one NBA player do well ;)
We have like 3-4 in the playoffs you crazy jimbo you..

But foreal, the whole “I don’t know who the **** that is” was just pure saltiness from Bledsoe, dude has been destroying you this series, crossing you up and making you look silly, and that’s the best he’s got.
Not a good look.

But foreal, the whole “I don’t know who the **** that is” was just pure saltiness from Bledsoe, dude has been destroying you this series, crossing you up and making you look silly, and that’s the best he’s got.
Not a good look.
Rozier has been killing it. I think Bledsoe took offense to the whole "Drew" comment. But regardless, gotta be better on the court and back it up.

Not a good look.

Yeah not a good look, tho that's what makes the NBA interesting. The pettiness is entertainment, but if I got destroyed, I'm not going to play the "who" game disrespect.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Can the Pelicans beat the Warriors if Curry doesn't come back 100%? Jrue can really limit Klay. KD can get his own but so can Davis.

I think the Pelicans have hit on something special with their personnel right now.

Reactions: dtgold88
Can the Pelicans beat the Warriors if Curry doesn't come back 100%? Jrue can really limit Klay. KD can get his own but so can Davis.

I think the Pelicans have hit on something special with their personnel right now.

Didn't Chicago do this to Boston last season?

No. The Warriors are much more than just Curry, besides the obvious they have an extremely deep bench and great system. AD is the man but he is not backpacking that squad past GSW. Before the Warriors got Durant they were the best team in the league (I know, blew 3-1 lead, blah blah blah, but 73 wins and had the Cavs dead to rights before Green suspension, it is what it is), now that they have Durant they are still miles beyond anyone else in a 7 game series until proven otherwise even if they go down a piece. They need another one of the big 4 to go down for them to be on an even playing field with anyone. Right now, only Houston is competitive with Curry down. If Curry is back that series is will be a laugher, see D'Antoni's Suns teams whenever they ran into the Spurs, its going to be a repeat of that if Curry is even 75%.

No prayer, imo.

However, seems to me, the Pels should dump Boogie for another piece that fits this team. Needs to be all about the Brow.

No. The Warriors are much more than just Curry, besides the obvious they have an extremely deep bench and great system. AD is the man but he is not backpacking that squad past GSW. Before the Warriors got Durant they were the best team in the league (I know, blew 3-1 lead, blah blah blah, but 73 wins and had the Cavs dead to rights before Green suspension, it is what it is), now that they have Durant they are still miles beyond anyone else in a 7 game series until proven otherwise even if they go down a piece. They need another one of the big 4 to go down for them to be on an even playing field with anyone. Right now, only Houston is competitive with Curry down. If Curry is back that series is will be a laugher, see D'Antoni's Suns teams whenever they ran into the Spurs, its going to be a repeat of that if Curry is even 75%.
Spot on. And I hate it. Ugh.

No. But they can make it interesting. They got swept in 2015 by the Warriors but Davis was the best player on the floor. That won't change with a gimpy Curry.
Holiday usually guards Durant because they don't have another player capable of slowing him down. Which hurts on the perimeter against Thompson and Curry. I have a feeling they would play Green at the 5 and not much of McGee/Bell because the Pelicans would leave them like they have done with Evan Turner for Portland. Not to mention Green is the only guy that will be able to somewhat guard AD.

I really hope they can finish the series off and face Golden State because it's a MUCH better matchup than GS/Portland though.

No prayer, imo.

However, seems to me, the Pels should dump Boogie for another piece that fits this team. Needs to be all about the Brow.

Meh. They were really starting to gel and were at the end of a super impressive win over the Rockets when Boogie tore his Achilles. I do think it's a tough call giving a big the max right after that injury but Davis wants him to stay and it's hard to not listen to your franchise player.

Reactions: GE Nole
Meh. They were really starting to gel and were at the end of a super impressive win over the Rockets when Boogie tore his Achilles. I do think it's a tough call giving a big the max right after that injury but Davis wants him to stay and it's hard to not listen to your franchise player.
Also, good to have both to not collapse with an injury to one of those studs.

Honestly, I think the Durant acquisition was offset by some of the losses. Not a total wash, but it wasn't just "take the best team and make them way better" as you make it out to be. Guys like Bogut, Barbosa, Barnes, and Ezeli were a big part of their depth. I actually believe GSW has a good bit less overall team depth now than the 2015 and 2016 teams had. Better starters, obviously, but not as strong in the 6-10 spots. And Bogut getting hurt had every bit as much to do with the 3-1 series lead being blows as Draymond missing one game.

Honestly, I think the Durant acquisition was offset by some of the losses. Not a total wash, but it wasn't just "take the best team and make them way better" as you make it out to be. Guys like Bogut, Barbosa, Barnes, and Ezeli were a big part of their depth. I actually believe GSW has a good bit less overall team depth now than the 2015 and 2016 teams had. Better starters, obviously, but not as strong in the 6-10 spots. And Bogut getting hurt had every bit as much to do with the 3-1 series lead being blows as Draymond missing one game.

It made them lesser over the course of the grueling 82 game regular season as they sacrificed depth which is essential for winning 73 games. But as far as playoff basketball goes, they nearly went 16-0 last year, the year prior they had to overcome a 3-1 lead just to be able to blow the 3-1 lead. Guys like Barnes and Ezeli in particular came up very small against the Cavs. They obviously got infinitely better with the Durant signing, playoff basketball is what matters, I cant wrap my head around how after last year that some people think the Rockets have passed them. They are at the point in their phase as a team/program where regular season basically doesnt matter anymore. LeBron and whatever team he has around him has been in this mode ever since he joined the Heat.

Boogie is all that. No question. But, Brow doesn’t need an equal, he needs another Robin, or two, or three these days. I’d imagine you could get quite a haul for Cousins.

Ehh I don't agree with this. Of those 4 guys, only two of them were anything more than average. Durant was miles better than Barnes. Bogut hurt but a guy like David West was capable of replacing him and Ezeli. Not to mention Kevon Looney and Jordan Bell on the bench. Barbosa has been replaced by Quinn Cook who has broken out of late. Add it guys like Shaun Livingston (who is still somehow good despite having the worst knee injury I've ever seen in the NBA) and Iggy and they are fine.

Boogie is all that. No question. But, Brow doesn’t need an equal, he needs another Robin, or two, or three these days. I’d imagine you could get quite a haul for Cousins.

He's a free agent this summer. So if he leaves they aren't getting anything for him but some cap space that may or may not matter. I think a SF (Paul George?) would actually work better than Boogie but I don't think they could get him without gutting the roster depth which has really helped them. Besides I don't see a guy coming off a torn achilles having a ton of trade value, especially when he's gonna garner a max contract.

Reactions: 829305
It made them lesser over the course of the grueling 82 game regular season as they sacrificed depth which is essential for winning 73 games. But as far as playoff basketball goes, they nearly went 16-0 last year, the year prior they had to overcome a 3-1 lead just to be able to blow the 3-1 lead. Guys like Barnes and Ezeli in particular came up very small against the Cavs. They obviously got infinitely better with the Durant signing, playoff basketball is what matters, I cant wrap my head around how after last year that some people think the Rockets have passed them. They are at the point in their phase as a team/program where regular season basically doesnt matter anymore. LeBron and whatever team he has around him has been in this mode ever since he joined the Heat.

Rockets haven't passed them but they will make it a real interesting series. Paul and Harden are terrific and Capela is the ultimate third wheel for them. I think they will be too perimeter-centric to beat Golden State though, as long as Curry is healthy. If his ankle isn't 100% all bets are off.

Fair enough. That's a solid point about playoff basketball being different than regular season. The Warriors already achieved their 73 win greatness. They proved they could do it. They will probably never win more than 67 games in a regular season again, because why do they care?

No prayer, imo.

No prayer with Playoff Rondo, Jrue, Mirotic and Anthony Davis? :confused:

No prayer with Playoff Rondo, Jrue, Mirotic and Anthony Davis? :confused:
f962a531adda69d0ce46dd274f1053dc.gif

I was more upset having to listen to his dumb ass than I was UK losing. Okay maybe not but it was close. Him and Reggie Miller are worthless.
LeBron can score 100, but there are 4 other players

Yea, I don't think he meant any harm by it. Bledsoe is just salty he's getting beat.
Bledsoe is definitely salty. Rozier is killing him on the court and trolling him off of it. ; ) I would not put it past Rozier to intentionally call Bledsoe “Drew.” Either way, Rozier has improved a ton this year and people outside of Boston (and Louisville fans) are seeing more of his personality. He has no fear.

Rockets haven't passed them but they will make it a real interesting series. Paul and Harden are terrific and Capela is the ultimate third wheel for them. I think they will be too perimeter-centric to beat Golden State though, as long as Curry is healthy. If his ankle isn't 100% all bets are off.

Won’t be interesting. Kyrie/LeBron/Love were a much more dangerous trio than Harden/Paul/Capela, and they clowned them. If Curry is not able to play or is severely hampered it will be Warriors in 6. If Curry can play at least 75%, Warriors in 4 or 5.

Won’t be interesting. Kyrie/LeBron/Love were a much more dangerous trio than Harden/Paul/Capela, and they clowned them. If Curry is not able to play or is severely hampered it will be Warriors in 6. If Curry can play at least 75%, Warriors in 4 or 5.

Rockets are a much better defensive team. They have better role players too. They don't have LeBron but 2-12 they are a ton better than the Cavs last year.

Rockets are a much better defensive team. They have better role players too. They don't have LeBron but 2-12 they are a ton better than the Cavs last year.

Going back on my point about playoff basketball and the Warriors going 16-1 last year. Lest we forget the Cavs were a phantom blown massive lead from being 12-0 themselves heading into the finals. And the Warriors absolutely murdered them. There is no one close to the Warriors in a 7 game series even without Curry, guarantee it and it will stay that way until 2 of the big 4 leave or hit an age wall. I am looking forward to the Warriors Rockets series more than the Finals this year however, I will grant you that the Rockets are the most interesting team in the postseason and seeing them against the Warriors with home court offers atleast a little bit of suspense.

I'm not saying NO would beat them, but you realize a healthy SA was looking pretty good in Game 1 against a full strength GS last year, right?

When's the last time GS beat a team in the West playoffs at full strength. Serious question.I know Portland was missing Nurkic, the Spurs Kawhi. Jazz maybe?

ADVERTISEMENT