ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Talk

He is also an underrated athlete. He runs the floor very well and finishes very well too. I think Lyles is going to be a multiple time all star. Of course going to the right system will have something to do with that, as it does every player. I just think Lyles is the perfect fit for the NBA pick and roll/pop plays that are run on every half court trip.

This take wasn't close. But it's still maybe one of the top predictions of the thread, congrats.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25185608/five-things- Mickey nearly finished with a triple-double, scoring 17 points, grabbing eight rebounds and swatting eight shots. He was his extremely active self on both ends, and knocked down some midrange jumpers that will be key to his ability to carve out a role in the NBA. Still, it'll be the defense that he hangs his hat on, and he certainly brought that today.

www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/misc-051415-nba-draft-combine-day-1-takeaways

• Talk about stuffing the stat sheet. LSU’s Jordan Mickey was unreal during Game 2.

The undersized big man didn’t look very undersized on Thursday as he swatted away eight shots in just 29 minutes of action. Yeah - eight shots in just 29 minutes of action!. It’s hard not to notice that type of defense.

Mickey also made a difference in the scoring column, where he tied for the team high with 17 points on 7-of-12 shooting. His eight rebounds led the team as well.

Mickey had a great season for the Tigers and he continued to roll at the Combine. He was the best all-around player on the day.

Mickey has carved a nice career in Europe.

- I don't know what to think about Devin Booker. In January, I thought the kid could be another Klay Thompson. He was cocky as hell, hitting everything, showed some potential off the bounce, was an excellent finisher in transition and was even a better defender than I thought he would be.

Then, the last two months of the season, he went cold and was so bad on D that teams targeted him in a way they used to with Wiltjer- whoever he was guarding, ISO.

- Wondering why Bobby Portis' stock isn't higher. 6'11", plays hard, has an edge, can shoot from the outside.

- I think Trey Lyles is a steal anywhere past Top 10. I think he's the perfect modern 4-man and would have been a Top 5 pick in '16.

- Second round value picks: Qualls (elite athlete), McCullogh (potential), Vaughn.
Good post from 5 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT