ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Declaration Thread

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
Do we have one of these? I know the transfer thread is popping but didn’t know if we had one of these yet.

Anyway, RaiQuan Gray, as expected, is going pro. Such a great example of developing in our system. He’ll be a unique weapon in the NBA and probably called upon to defend (or try to) Zion.

Also I know this is old but I’ll go ahead and put it here for tracking purposes but BJ Boston and Terrence Clarke for UK entering with an agent.

Isiah Jackson entering but not signing an agent. His dad told Kyle Tucker if he’s not a lottery pick hes coming back. I’ll believe that when I see it. We haven’t gotten even a first round pick back since Willie Cauley Stein.

Reactions: GE Nole
Do we have one of these? I know the transfer thread is popping but didn’t know if we had one of these yet.

Anyway, RaiQuan Gray, as expected, is going pro. Such a great example of developing in our system. He’ll be a unique weapon in the NBA and probably called upon to defend (or try to) Zion.

I haven’t seen his name on any draft boards. Is he getting information that he’ll be drafted? He does have a really unique skill set and is very versatile though.

DJ Steward from Duke has entered the NBA Draft and is signing an agent.

What a freaking joke...K needs to only recruit superstar OADs and 4 star recruits, the lower ranked 5 stars will leave for the NBA anyway even if they have a mediocre season.

I haven’t seen his name on any draft boards. Is he getting information that he’ll be drafted? He does have a really unique skill set and is very versatile though.

He’s been in the 40s on a few. Scout I spoke with last year (2020 season) said there was a general intrigue due to his size and passing/ball handling, but he wasn’t in enough shape. I told him that his defense was his best part of his game (this was at the Emerald Classic in November). Saw him again at the UL home game and he said I had nailed it and thanks for the tip.

Fast forward to this year and some scouts are trying to keep him under the radar because it sounds like there are teams targeting him in the 35-45 range who are worried he moves up to 25-30 based on interviews. Super high hoops IQ.

Reactions: jhmossy
DJ Steward from Duke has entered the NBA Draft and is signing an agent.

What a freaking joke...K needs to only recruit superstar OADs and 4 star recruits, the lower ranked 5 stars will leave for the NBA anyway even if they have a mediocre season.

Yep. It’s no matter. I think Duke is going to be stacked next year regardless. Probably about to sign Keels and Baldwin tbh.

But I get the frustration. Losing guys early to the draft off a team that didn’t even make a post season is ridiculous.

We just had possibly our worst season in over 100 years, yet these guys are apparently pros somehow. For sure...

Very glad to see him go

same. I expected Cooper to be at Auburn for a few years. As good as he is, he wasn’t a major draft prospect coming into the season. So I figured he be one of those guys that was just a really good college player for a long time.

Auburn could be hurting again next season. Lost Powell and Cooper.

Reactions: cpat4bama
He’s been in the 40s on a few. Scout I spoke with last year (2020 season) said there was a general intrigue due to his size and passing/ball handling, but he wasn’t in enough shape. I told him that his defense was his best part of his game (this was at the Emerald Classic in November). Saw him again at the UL home game and he said I had nailed it and thanks for the tip.

Fast forward to this year and some scouts are trying to keep him under the radar because it sounds like there are teams targeting him in the 35-45 range who are worried he moves up to 25-30 based on interviews. Super high hoops IQ.

Entering the draft is very different than signing with an agent.

If he was comfortable with where he stood he would have signed with an agent.
Most likely sounds like he trying to get feedback. If I had to guess I would think he is one of the players who takes his name out.

Entering the draft is very different than signing with an agent.

If he was comfortable with where he stood he would have signed with an agent.
Most likely sounds like he trying to get feedback. If I had to guess I would think he is one of the players who takes his name out.

Nah, he’s gone.

Yep. It’s no matter. I think Duke is going to be stacked next year regardless. Probably about to sign Keels and Baldwin tbh.

But I get the frustration. Losing guys early to the draft off a team that didn’t even make a post season is ridiculous.

We just had possibly our worst season in over 100 years, yet these guys are apparently pros somehow. For sure...
Duke isnt the program it once was. Its been obvious for a while now

He has developed into quite the player. I remember watching the Gonzaga S16 game in 2019, and it honestly looked like he was way over his head trying to compete with the likes of Rui Hachimura and Brandon Clarke. Gotta be nice to see players progress and develop like Gray. He's a stud.

Thought u could sign with an agent and still return now a days???

As long as it’s an ncaa approved agent.

He has developed into quite the player. I remember watching the Gonzaga S16 game in 2019, and it honestly looked like he was way over his head trying to compete with the likes of Rui Hachimura and Brandon Clarke. Gotta be nice to see players progress and develop like Gray. He's a stud.

Yeah it’s nice to see hard work pay off for kids. I was at a team banquet in 2018 and was sitting between Gray and Mfiondu Kabengele. Gray, redshirting at the time, was probably a dinner roll shy of 300 back then and Fi was just giving the youngster hell. Telling me to take his steak and give him my salad. Told the waiter to skip him for dessert. Just razzing him.

Anyway, Stan Jones was also at the table and said something along the lines of “you know, Fi, if Turk (Gray’s nickname) ever gets in shape, he’s gonna be impossible for you to defend?”

Fi just laughed and kept razzing him. But Stan knew there was a stud in there. His hands and feet are just so fast for a man his size. I honestly believe that Gray could be an all-pro tight end if he wanted to be. Or hell, even a championship heavy weight boxer. Just incredible balance and quickness to go with size.

Now, is Gray a finished product? No. He certainly needs to keep extending his jumper from the current 17 feet out to 23. But he’s got the potential to be a really good piece for someone in the NBA. Of course I’d love for him to spend another year in Tallahassee developing, but truthfully if I were his advisor I’d tell him to leave now. Strike while the iron is hot and get to your second contract more quickly.

Yeah it’s nice to see hard work pay off for kids. I was at a team banquet in 2018 and was sitting between Gray and Mfiondu Kabengele. Gray, redshirting at the time, was probably a dinner roll shy of 300 back then and Fi was just giving the youngster hell. Telling me to take his steak and give him my salad. Told the waiter to skip him for dessert. Just razzing him.

Anyway, Stan Jones was also at the table and said something along the lines of “you know, Fi, if Turk (Gray’s nickname) ever gets in shape, he’s gonna be impossible for you to defend?”

Fi just laughed and kept razzing him. But Stan knew there was a stud in there. His hands and feet are just so fast for a man his size. I honestly believe that Gray could be an all-pro tight end if he wanted to be. Or hell, even a championship heavy weight boxer. Just incredible balance and quickness to go with size.

Now, is Gray a finished product? No. He certainly needs to keep extending his jumper from the current 17 feet out to 23. But he’s got the potential to be a really good piece for someone in the NBA. Of course I’d love for him to spend another year in Tallahassee developing, but truthfully if I were his advisor I’d tell him to leave now. Strike while the iron is hot and get to your second contract more quickly.

Cool stories. Didn't realize he lost that much weight. And hey, if Jimmy Graham can be an all-pro tight end, I certainly don't see any reason why Gray couldn't do the same. Unlike Graham though, Gray can actually play in the NBA. If he can develop a consistent jumper, he should see big minutes in the NBA. He's got a great skillset.

Last edited:
Cool stories. Didn't realize he lost that much weight. And hey, if Jimmy Graham can be an all-pro tight end, I certainly don't see any reason why Gray couldn't do the same. Unlike Graham though, Gray can actually play in the NBA. If he can develop a consistent jumper, he should see big minutes in the NBA. He's got a great skillset.

Man I think about this all the time. Seems like a lot of big men who aren’t good enough for the nba could be tight ends or defense ends if they rededicated their craft.

We had a kid, change behanen, could have been an insane TE with his hands and quickness.

I think the same thing about Igehon who is transferring. That dude belongs on the d line not the basketball court.

My power ball dream job would be to open up a gym like Chris Brickley, exclusively you help basketball players become football players.

I’m 5”8, so I played a helluva lot more football during school than basketball lol.

Agbaji entered and said his goodbyes. Someone must be in his ear telling him he's getting drafted🤔

Agbaji entered and said his goodbyes. Someone must be in his ear telling him he's getting drafted🤔
This was expected. There's no reason for him not to test the waters and get feedback.

I'm sure he's hoping to get good feedback and leave, but if he's told he's not ready, I'm betting he'll be back. I don't think he's hurting for money.

You guys want to hear a good joke. Jalen Wilson declared....for the nba........Jalen Wilson!

Needs to get into the weight room. Add size and explosiveness.

But Wilson isn't as bad as others I have seen.

I like Wilson's future better than Juzang as of right now.

That is because of how he rebounds the ball and defense.

But he needs to add to his scoring and learn how to space the floor better.

Almost as funny as people having Franz Wagner as a Lottery Pick...

Don't know what they are watching...
He had a poor game against UCLA but I get why he’s a projected lottery pick. A long wing who’s a great defender and shooter is ideal for NBA teams. People aren’t saying he’s a top 5 pick but a guy like him has a pretty high floor to me at the next level. At worst Franz will be a serviceable role player.

He had a poor game against UCLA but I get why he’s a projected lottery pick. A long wing who’s a great defender and shooter is ideal for NBA teams. People aren’t saying he’s a top 5 pick but a guy like him has a pretty high floor to me at the next level. At worst Franz will be a serviceable role player.

Great defender? UCLA attacked him.
They didn't go after any of the other players they went after Wagner

Dickinson clogged the paint hurt but even then Wagner couldn't create at all for himself

Not a Lottery Pick. Hopefully he is receiving good info and not reading these mock drafts .
There are some things to build on. But way too much talent out there for the NBA to waste a lottery pick on a player who won't ever be an All Star level player

Like you said... But it is at best he is a serviceable role player.

Wagner should declare for the draft but not hire an agent

Not incredibly surprising. Hoping he'll do what Diakite did and get feedback and come back. But if he's getting word that he'll be a top 40 guy, then I'm sure he'll end up going.

I mentioned this a few days back in the Top Ten thread as being highly likely, but Balsa Koprivica officially announced he’s leaving today.

He declared for the NBA but I expect he’ll be playing in Serbia next season (where he’s from).

Trevion Williams from Purdue declared but will more than likely be back.

ADVERTISEMENT