ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Bubble Thread

@JimboBBN which SJW shirts did you and TheDude rock when they were made free

I bet TheDude put a blm shirt on his character

Edit for context:

During the floyd protests the nba 2k store made a bunch of “I can’t breathe”, “black lives matter”, “say their names” stuff free. The interactive Park was full of them. I rocked a USA shirt (also free from a month before hand).

I’d bet TheDude virtue signaled with his created player.
I don’t think he ever wore one and I definitely didn’t lol but I still see them on there

For the people who think there’s no randomness in March, how do you explain how a team can lose one night and then beat the same opponent by a million points a few nights later?

Reactions: UL_1986
Lebron is a great player for sure. Davis is as well, though he reminds me of those dudes you play pickup with who have a catastrophic ankle injury every time you play and then are fine like 3 minutes later. Very happy for Danny to get another title.

Despite the loss, Butler is an absolute stud as well. That team will be legit for a few years along with LA.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Lebron is a great player for sure. Davis is as well, though he reminds me of those dudes you play pickup with who have a catastrophic ankle injury every time you play and then are fine like 3 minutes later. Very happy for Danny to get another title.

Despite the loss, Butler is an absolute stud as well. That team will be legit for a few years along with LA.
The Heat can run it back, and I bet their you g players like Bam, Herro, Duncan Robinson, and Kendrick Nunn will only improve.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The Heat can run it back, and I bet their you g players like Bam, Herro, Duncan Robinson, and Kendrick Nunn will only improve.
Yep. If they can keep their young core together the Heat will be a problem for years to come.

All US sports ratings have been falling (pre-Covid) largely because:

1. There’s more games on tv that end up splitting viewers
2. There’s more people cutting cable and just watching Netflix and stuff.

But the NBA has been gaining viewers relative to other sports.
Oh? Guess that’s why the ratings fell 67% since last year? A whopping 3/5 million people watched the finals in a country of over 300 million? Yep, makes perfectly sense. Being WOKE , and promoting a terrorist organization had zero to do with it, I am sure.

Have you seen our players do shit in the NBA recently? Cause I sure as hell haven't. Meanwhile, UK and Duke run the damn thing. But, Roy has as many titles as K and Cal combined, since he arrived at the Hill. What a fvcking boss.
Roy had experience and that means a lot. OAD is not a good plan for nattys.

1. Jokic is not better than AD
2. I never said name 5 better. I asked to share your top ten.

Imagine thinking Jokic is better than Anthony Davis. Yikes.

He's a great player, but I don't watch him and think "man, you know, I would rank him above AD on my top 10 list."

I have these kind of talks all the time with friends who watch and follow the NBA closely. Never heard Jokic over AD before.

Okay, it’s been 9 months from these posts and this thread last year.

I’m curious now, how does this board see Jokic vs AD?

Is AD still a top 10 player? Not talent, player. Is Jokic a top 5 player in yalls eyes now?

Does AD’s obvious lack of durability knock him down a peg now?

And while we are revisiting this, how about Luka? Seemed like last year most posters had him outside the top 5 but rising. What about now?

What about Tatum? Is the hype warranted on him now?

Fun thread to look back on.

While its closer than I originally thought, if you are a GM building for the future, do you take a 26 year old Davis or 24 year old Jokic?

I think it depends really but probably AD (if he stays healthy..which hasn’t been a problem this year) but Jokic is damn good and he’s only getting better. He’s pretty consistent too, even when Murray’s game is off.

Embiid? Naaah. I'd take AD over Luka and Jokic----Defense is why. Not only that, I mean AD is a ****ing 6'6" dude in a 7-foot body....Harden is a better scorer, obviously. AD IMO is better overall---Defense.

My Top would be LeBron, Giannis, Steph, AD and Kawhi; KD if healthy.

Okay same question now. You’re a GM. Do you take 27 year old AD or 25 year old Jokic to start your team?

I’ll stick with my exact answer from last year. Taking the younger, more durable player seems like a pretty straightforward decision to me.

Agreed, and completely understandable. Whether you think Klay or Draymond is the 3rd best player, the Warriors definitely have the best 3rd best player in the league.

Draymond is the kind of guy that will not make a bad team good, but he will make a good team better. Total opposite of Westbrook in that sense.

This was extremely well said last year, and holds up even better now. Nice job.

Biggest surprise of all is that Westbrook actually willed the Wizards into the playoffs.

Reactions: dtgold88
If he could stay healthy I would still take Davis. But at this point that is a huge question.

Yeah he’s not gonna stay healthy. Maybe for a 50 game stretch. But not for consecutive seasons. Last year he benefited from the huge Covid pause during the season.

He simply has zero track record for staying healthy for extended periods of time. This has been known for quite a few years and it’s not gonna get better as he closes out his 20s and rounds 30.

Don't think any reasonable person would take AD over Jokic at this point.

Is LeBron going to finish his career with the Lakers? Hard to imagine them making it back to the finals. If you take LBJ's 2021 scoring average of 25.0 ppg, he'll only need 121 regular season games to surpass Kareem as the all-time leading scorers. So, we're looking at maybe March of 2023.

Don't think any reasonable person would take AD over Jokic at this point.

Is LeBron going to finish his career with the Lakers? Hard to imagine them making it back to the finals. If you take LBJ's 2021 scoring average of 25.0 ppg, he'll only need 121 regular season games to surpass Kareem as the all-time leading scorers. So, we're looking at maybe March of 2023.
He has one more year on his deal, right? Not sure where else he would go. He's got talent around him in LA, the only thing I can think is he might want to trade AD for another star. I know he's been recruiting Steph to come to LA, and at this point maybe Dame is sick and tired of Portland. He's got some options.

Realistically though, he's only going down hill as far as production. He took a noticeable step back this season from last, and he's only getting older. Father time is finally catching him. I don't expect him to average 25 next year or ever again. But I do think he takes good enough care of himself to pass Kareem before he hangs it up.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Lebron will very likely never be the best player on a title team again. So if he wants to get another one, he’s gonna have to go the Ray Allen route.

Maybe he takes a salary cut to go back to Miami in a couple years.

He has one more year on his deal, right? Not sure where else he would go. He's got talent around him in LA, the only thing I can think is he might want to trade AD for another star. I know he's been recruiting Steph to come to LA, and at this point maybe Dame is sick and tired of Portland. He's got some options.

Realistically though, he's only going down hill as far as production. He took a noticeable step back this season from last, and he's only getting older. Father time is finally catching him. I don't expect him to average 25 next year or ever again. But I do think he takes good enough care of himself to pass Kareem before he hangs it up.

He's got two years left on his contract. If he can play 65 games and average 23.5 ppg, he could still break the scoring record before the end of the 2023 season. April of 2023 is probably a better prediction. But yes, you got to think his production is going to slip a bit over these next few years.

Just hard to imagine the Lakers returning to the finals, given AD's health and LeBron's age. So, curious if maybe he takes one more shot at a title with a more promising group of players. Of course, he could always stay put in LA and have management recruit better talent to LA.

Reactions: JimboBBN
He's got two years left on his contract. If he can play 65 games and average 23.5 ppg, he could still break the scoring record before the end of the 2023 season. April of 2023 is probably a better prediction. But yes, you got to think his production is going to slip a bit over these next few years.

Just hard to imagine the Lakers returning to the finals, given AD's health and LeBron's age. So, curious if maybe he takes one more shot at a title with a more promising group of players. Of course, he could always stay put in LA and have management recruit better talent to LA.
The last part of your post is probably correct. LeBron can basically get who he wants and trade who he wants. Which blows my mind when I hear "he's never had any help"

The guy hand picks his teams every season.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
The last part of your post is probably correct. LeBron can basically get who he wants and trade who he wants. Which blows my mind when I hear "he's never had any help"

The guy hand picks his teams every season.

Now, yes. Not back in the first stint with Cleveland. Those teams were basically Lebron and G league teams. But he was such an imposing, unstoppable force back in those days he drug their asses to the finals anyway.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Okay same question now. You’re a GM. Do you take 27 year old AD or 25 year old Jokic to start your team?

I’ll stick with my exact answer from last year. Taking the younger, more durable player seems like a pretty straightforward decision to me.
If health was not an issue---its Davis. And IMO, by a lot.

If health was not an issue---its Davis. And IMO, by a lot.

If a frog had wings he wouldn’t bump his ass on the ground.

I certainly disagree with the “by a lot” statement and the stats and playoff record for Jokic vs AD when they are the best player on their team support Jokic.

But the reality is, health is a factor. A big one. Everyone loves to toss around the “if this guy was healthy or if this player could play more.” Well, that’s part of being a great player. Staying on the court.

Doesn’t matter if you’re Shaq and Larry Bird combined. If you are on the bench hurt you’re not helping.

Reactions: dtgold88
If a frog had wings he wouldn’t bump his ass on the ground.

I certainly disagree with the “by a lot” statement and the stats and playoff record for Jokic vs AD when they are the best player on their team support Jokic.

But the reality is, health is a factor. A big one. Everyone loves to toss around the “if this guy was healthy or if this player could play more.” Well, that’s part of being a great player. Staying on the court.

Doesn’t matter if you’re Shaq and Larry Bird combined. If you are on the bench hurt you’re not helping.
Sure....I still think Davis is better....Much better, TBH.....IF healthy. But you are right---health is a factor. So by default, I'd take Jokic----but simply due to health.

Not sure how the stats lean toward Jokic....AD is an 8X All-Star....4X All NBA 1st team...3X leader in blocks...2X 1st team all defensive....2X, 3rd team all defensive...

AD has averaged 23/10for his career....Jokic 18/9.....In the playoffs, AD is at 27/10...Jokic 24/11...

Healthy---I take AD, and IMO, it ain't close.

Reactions: Villian07
Sure....I still think Davis is better....Much better, TBH.....IF healthy. But you are right---health is a factor. So by default, I'd take Jokic----but simply due to health.

Not sure how the stats lean toward Jokic....AD is an 8X All-Star....4X All NBA 1st team...3X leader in blocks...2X 1st team all defensive....2X, 3rd team all defensive...

AD has averaged 23/10for his career....Jokic 18/9.....In the playoffs, AD is at 27/10...Jokic 24/11...

Jokic is about to be MVP. He’s led his team deep into the playoffs. His stats aren’t quite as good because he’s several years younger and just entering his prime. AD could barely even get his team to the playoffs when he was being asked to carry the load.

Jokic is better than AD at basically every offensive category and equal to AD rebound wise. AD blocks more shots when he’s able to play.

Yeah he’s not gonna stay healthy. Maybe for a 50 game stretch. But not for consecutive seasons. Last year he benefited from the huge Covid pause during the season.

He simply has zero track record for staying healthy for extended periods of time. This has been known for quite a few years and it’s not gonna get better as he closes out his 20s and rounds 30.
Also debatable at this time even if healthy to take AD. No knock on him. Jokic is kind of good.

Now, yes. Not back in the first stint with Cleveland. Those teams were basically Lebron and G league teams. But he was such an imposing, unstoppable force back in those days he drug their asses to the finals anyway.
Didn't help that he would never commit to stay here that time. 2.0 he did (even though he lied) and Love wanted to come.

But, yeah, that 2007 team easily his worst Finals' team.

Reactions: GE Nole

assists don't matter?

ADVERTISEMENT