ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Bubble Thread

Is AD the ugliest player in the game right now? He looks worse than Oklahoma’s QB with that hair.

Sounds like you’re watching the Rockets and the 76ers a lot.

The popularity of the NBA has been rising significantly over the last 5-10 years. That’s why the salary cap exploded because they were generating so much more TV and stadium revenue. Average franchises started being priced in the billion dollar range.

It’s the second most followed league internationally, only behind the EPL. Overall it’s rapidly gaining ground on MLB as the second most profitable league in the country. In fact, with the under 30 age group it’s closer to the NFL in popularity than the MLB is to it.

I don’t know the numbers, but I thought ratings in the US had been falling? I know that it’s getting more and more popular internationally.

I don’t know the numbers, but I thought ratings in the US had been falling? I know that it’s getting more and more popular internationally.

All US sports ratings have been falling (pre-Covid) largely because:

1. There’s more games on tv that end up splitting viewers
2. There’s more people cutting cable and just watching Netflix and stuff.

But the NBA has been gaining viewers relative to other sports.

These Kentucky kids are fvcking phenomenal. If Roy could recruit like Cal he’d have like 6-7 ships by now.

Reactions: UL_1986
Although I’d consider Jimmy Butler if the Heat found a way to take the series to 7 (even if the Heat lost).

Funny question. Brow was taken out at times G3 and 4. Bron, not so much. Brow can earn his next year w their second title. Winking

Bron is averaging more points, rebounds, and assists (more than double the assists).

Weird question, indeed.

Reactions: UL_1986
I haven’t watched bc I despise the Lakers and don’t much like Lebron or AD but knew they had been tearing it up sans game 3 for AD.

I thought box score wise AD was slightly ahead after games 1 and 2 but of course box scores don’t always tell the whole story.

Although I’d consider Jimmy Butler if the Heat found a way to take the series to 7 (even if the Heat lost).
I’d be down w that if Bron wasn’t robbed of the MVP in a similar position by fvcking Iguodala in ‘15.

Reactions: GE Nole
I’d be down w that if Bron wasn’t robbed of the MVP in a similar position by fvcking Iguodala in ‘15.

Fair point.

It’s still baffling how Iggy won that. People claimed it was because of his defense on Bron, but Bron led the series in scoring lol.

Fair point.

It’s still baffling how Iggy won that. People claimed it was because of his defense on Bron, but Bron led the series in scoring lol.
I honestly thought it was one of Bron's best series. Nobody not named Bron or MJ could've won a game, let alone two, with that squad.

Reactions: GE Nole
Yeah. Poor Roy just gets draftable players to stick around for an extra two years.
Have you seen our players do shit in the NBA recently? Cause I sure as hell haven't. Meanwhile, UK and Duke run the damn thing. But, Roy has as many titles as K and Cal combined, since he arrived at the Hill. What a fvcking boss.

Have you seen our players do shit in the NBA recently? Cause I sure as hell haven't. Meanwhile, UK and Duke run the damn thing. But, Roy has as many titles as K and Cal combined, since he arrived at the Hill. What a fvcking boss.

Well, the only KU player who’s been great in the NBA recently is Embiid, and he missed the tourney in his one year in college. But I wouldn’t say that KU’s had a shortage of talent. Frank Mason was NPOY and can’t find playing time in the league. Means nothing about his impact at the college level.

I think, if you’re being honest, you’d rather have the slightly less hyped player who stays three years than the guy who plays one year and only scratches the surface of his potential. Aside from a Wall or Davis, obviously.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
@JimboBBN which SJW shirts did you and TheDude rock when they were made free

I bet TheDude put a blm shirt on his character

Edit for context:

During the floyd protests the nba 2k store made a bunch of “I can’t breathe”, “black lives matter”, “say their names” stuff free. The interactive Park was full of them. I rocked a USA shirt (also free from a month before hand).

I’d bet TheDude virtue signaled with his created player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT