ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Bubble Thread

Maybe after the Nuggets beat the Clippers today some people on this board will put some respect on Jokic’s name? I’ll tell you right now, AD on this roster does not beat this Clipper’s teams.

Lets go over Jokic’s games, (he already has a triple double tonight)

Game 6; 34/14/7
Game 5; 22/14/5
Game 4; 26/11/6
Game 3; 32/12/8
Game 2; 26/18/4
(He has a bad game one but so did every Nugget)

Against the Jazz
Game 7; 30/14/4
Game 6; 22/4/9
Game 5; 31/6/4
Game 4; 29/7/6
(Has a bad game 3, they got blown out)
Game 2; 28/11/6
Game 1; 29/10/3

He’s a top 5 player in the league. The Nuggets are totally different with him on the court. They just made the Clippers say “No Mas.”

Fun Fact, Doc Rivers has blown three 3-1 leads in his career as a coach, and no other coach has ever blown more than 1.

Imagine thinking Jokic is better than Anthony Davis. Yikes.

Crazy right? I mean just not even in the realm of possibility. All the guy does is have the first 15+ rebound triple double through three quarters in NBA history.

Pretty average if you ask me.

Reactions: dtgold88
Crazy right? I mean just not even in the realm of possibility. All the guy does is have the first 15+ rebound triple double through three quarters in NBA history.

Pretty average if you ask me.
Well we are going to get to see them matchup in the next round. AD is going to be guarding Jokic, should be an interesting series. Jokic isn’t the kind of guy you can shit down with a great defender on him though. I mean he had Gobert on him in the first series and still played well.

I’ll take Lakers in 6

Reactions: GE Nole
Well we are going to get to see them matchup in the next round. AD is going to be guarding Jokic, should be an interesting series. Jokic isn’t the kind of guy you can shit down with a great defender on him though. I mean he had Gobert on him in the first series and still played well.

I’ll take Lakers in 6

This series will be better than Lakers/Clippers would have been. I’m not sure who Denver is gonna put on Lebron...Milsap maybe? But who is LA gonna put on Murray? And don’t say Rondo, Murray will torch him as the series wears on.

MPJr could be the wild card.

The Lakers/ Clippers will be better NEXT year when Kawhi is mad and the games are played in Staples. Will be epic.

Where do Jokic and Murray rank as a duo?

Hmm. Good question. Let’s start with the duos that have a top 5 player:

Lebron/AD
Steph/Dray
Giannis/Middleton
Jokic/Murray
Kawhi/PG

Among that group I’d say they are 3rd, behind Lebron and Steph.

But there’s a few more worth mentioning. Luka/Porzingus. Jimmy/Bam. Tatum/Brown. Embiid/Simmons. Harden/Westbrook.

Among those, I’d say Jimmy/Bam might be better. We may just find out. The rest I’d say are a step behind.

I'll suck some toes if the basketball God's allow Miami to win it all. Playoff Paul George is lul. Everybody should be in agreement that LeBron gets #4 and he's trash if he doesn't.
This is the easiest route to a championship LeBron has ever had. They are the clear favorite. I love Jokic and Murray, and this is a great step for them, but I’d be shocked if they upset the Lakers based on how the Lakers have been playing. No matter who comes out of the East the Lakers should win.

I’m not sold the Lakers will win, but they should win. It would be bad for LeBron’s legacy if they didn’t.

Lebron/AD
Steph/Dray
Giannis/Middleton
Jokic/Murray
Kawhi/PG

But there’s a few more worth mentioning. Luka/Porzingus. Jimmy/Bam. Tatum/Brown. Embiid/Simmons. Harden/Westbrook.

Among those, I’d say Jimmy/Bam might be better. We may just find out. The rest I’d say are a step behind.
I am assuming this is answer reflective of today...?? Not overall, of course...Or the past 10 years. But pretty much, right now...??

Right?

Lebron/AD
Steph/Dray
Giannis/Middleton
Jokic/Murray
Kawhi/PG

I actually agree with you although what you said may be unpopular. I value playoff success far more than regular season stats and success though, and it seems you do as well.

The Clippers cast around Kawhi and PG were better than the Nuggets cast around Murray and Jokic and Murray and Jokic still pulled it off. Watch out for Luka and Porzingus though. A season where those 2 are both fully healthy could be dangerous.

I am assuming this is answer reflective of today...?? Not overall, of course...Or the past 10 years. But pretty much, right now...??

Right?
Oh no doubt. Giannis and Middleton this year we’re better in the regular season than those 2, but Jokic and Murray lead the Nuggets last the Jazz and Clippers, whereas the Bucks lost in 5 (and the game they did win was without Giannis) to the Heat. I think it’s hard to say you would rather have Middleton and Giannis right now.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

Right?

Why would an answer with Tatum, Bam, Luka, Jokic, etc. be about the last 10 years?

I actually agree with you although what you said may be unpopular. I value playoff success far more than regular season stats and success though, and it seems you do as well.

The Clippers cast around Kawhi and PG were better than the Nuggets cast around Murray and Jokic and Murray and Jokic still pulled it off. Watch out for Luka and Porzingus though. A season where those 2 are both fully healthy could be dangerous.

I’m a huge Luka/Porzingus fan. A few years ago I was absolutely pounding the table for Luka to be the first pick. On here. To friends. On another board. Told anyone who would listen that he’d be a top 10 player in the league by year 4. Turns out I was way off hahaha. He’s top 7 by year 2!

Porzingus’ durability is a concern. 7 footers with knee issues...scary. But yes, if he puts together 2-3 years in a row of mostly clean health, that’s a scary duo.

Maybe after the Nuggets beat the Clippers today some people on this board will put some respect on Jokic’s name? I’ll tell you right now, AD on this roster does not beat this Clipper’s teams.

Lets go over Jokic’s games, (he already has a triple double tonight)

Game 6; 34/14/7
Game 5; 22/14/5
Game 4; 26/11/6
Game 3; 32/12/8
Game 2; 26/18/4
(He has a bad game one but so did every Nugget)

Against the Jazz
Game 7; 30/14/4
Game 6; 22/4/9
Game 5; 31/6/4
Game 4; 29/7/6
(Has a bad game 3, they got blown out)
Game 2; 28/11/6
Game 1; 29/10/3
AD averaged 31/11/3.5blocks vs the Golden State "****ing 67 win, summna bithicn NBA Champion " Warriors...

In 2018, he averaged 28/14/2 vs the same mudder fukin Warriors.....

In 13 playoff games prior to this year, AD has averaged 30/12/2,6 blks....and 1.9 apg.

This year he's avg, 27/10/4.4apg and 2.2blks

To say he wouldn't have made a difference, or led this Nugget team to a series win over the Clippers is asinine...

AD and Jamal Murray?----Yikes.

I haven’t seen anyone bring this up, but this Nuggets team is the first time a team who’s best player is clearly their center has made it to the conference finals since the 2010 Orlando Magic with Dwight Howard.

Why would an answer with Tatum, Bam, Luka, Jokic, etc. be about the last 10 years?
Maybe b/c that same answer included Steph/Green....?? Also, Harden/Westbrook did play together in OKC...Winking

AD averaged 31/11/3.5blocks vs the Golden State "****ing 67 win, summna bithicn NBA Champion " Warriors...

In 2018, he averaged 28/14/2 vs the same mudder fukin Warriors.....

In 13 playoff games prior to this year, AD has averaged 30/12/2,6 blks....and 1.9 apg.

This year he's avg, 27/10/4.4apg and 2.2blks

To say he wouldn't have made a difference, or led this Nugget team to a series win over the Clippers is asinine...

AD and Jamal Murray?----Yikes.
He has no history of it even when playing with decent teams. Those stats mean nothing of you don’t win. He definitely would have made a difference. Do I think you replace him with Jokic and they beat this Clippers team? I’m not so sure.

To be clear, I think AD is a much better fit for this Lakers team than Jokic would be, and I think they are both in great situations for them, it just so happens that Jokic is the best player on his team in the conference finals, and AD isn’t, and he hasn’t made it here as the best player.

Do you belive AD>Jokic

I haven’t seen anyone bring this up, but this Nuggets team is the first time a team who’s best player is clearly their center has made it to the conference finals since the 2010 Orlando Magic with Dwight Howard.
Game has changed....and so have the titles/positions. I could argue with Dirk, Duncan...Dirk was a 7-footer....Timmy 6'11'.

But I get what you are saying..

Maybe b/c that same answer included Steph/Green....?? Also, Harden/Westbrook did play together in OKC...Winking

But...Steph and Green still are a duo. And Steph is still a top 5 player. I don’t get it.

If it was about a few years ago I would have said Steph/Durant.

He has no history of it even when playing with decent teams. Those stats mean nothing of you don’t win.
Except,well,this year-----Averaging 27/10/4.4apg in the playoff's....Oh,and 2 blocks as well..

But...Steph and Green still are a duo. And Steph is still a top 5 player. I don’t get it.

If it was about a few years ago I would have said Steph/Durant.
Man you are as bad as my wife---You overlook the 13 things I said, that were right/relevant, just to nitpick the one thing,somewhat "out of place"..I mean,really,why be a "smart ass"? Why not just say, "I am talking about right now, Borden....." Instead of pissing and moaning over a fod damn 10 year thingy?

Reactions: dtgold88
Except,well,this year-----Averaging 27/10/4.4apg in the playoff's....Oh,and 2 blocks as well..

He has no history of leading a team to big time playoff wins. He’s won ONE series when he’s been the best player on his team.

Yes, his stats are really nice. Yes, he’s a top 5-10 guy in terms of raw talent. And yes, he’s a really good fit to be robin for the Lakers.

But he simply has never proven he can put a team on his back and go on a deep playoff run.

Reactions: 829305 and MGC_07
Game has changed....and so have the titles/positions. I could argue with Dirk, Duncan...Dirk was a 7-footer....Timmy 6'11'.

But I get what you are saying..
Dirk was a 7 footer but played PF on that team, and Tim Duncan was not the best player on those older Spurs teams that made deep playoff runs. Tony Parker was an all star those 3 years, Duncan was not., although that one is more debatable.

Man you are as bad as my wife---You overlook the 13 things I said, that were right/relevant, just to nitpick the one thing,somewhat "out of place"..I mean,really,why be a "smart ass"? Why not just say, "I am talking about right now, Borden....." Instead of pissing and moaning over a fod damn 10 year thingy?

I probably would have if the initial comment wasn’t so smart assey. With the “right?? I mean, please tell me, right?” As if I don’t know what the eff I’m talking about.

I like you as a poster. You seem like a cool guy in real life. But I figured I’d reply to snark with some snark.

Tell you what—why don’t you share your top 5 duos in the league for right now?

Do you belive AD>Jokic
I do....But I thnk its close....I think AD is more athletic...better at the rim, open floor... Better defender---by a lot. Jokic a better shooter----But Davis is closing ground( Has shot 33% or better past 3 seasons---was awful his first 4 years.)....Jokic is a great passer. ELite for a 7-footer. THis area not close...Jokic is flat out stupid passing the ball...Insane for a dude his size....Both can score....I lke AD's handles...

If i were starting a team,and had to take one of the two,I'd take AD. With that being said, I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Dirk was a 7 footer but played PF on that team, and Tim Duncan was not the best player on those older Spurs teams that made deep playoff runs. Tony Parker was an all star those 3 years, Duncan was not., although that one is more debatable.
Oh, I'm aware Dirk played PF----Just noting he easily could have been labeled a center---Dude was 7-foot, 245lbs.....

2013 Spurs that made the Finals, was led so by Duncan---Avg 18/12 in the Finals.. Plus,Timmy was an All-Star in 2013----his 14th trip....

Denver is the real deal, and I’ve been sayin that Joker is the best center in the NBA. His passing and control of tempo are unmatched and elite. Murray is so ****ing good too, damn this team is exciting. I was a Clipps fan but I’m so impressed with Denver. They were clearly the better team. LAC have no identity, and I feel like when it came down to it, Denver has better scoring and rebounding options. I actually think they match up better with the Lakers.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I probably would have if the initial comment wasn’t so smart assey. With the “right?? I mean, please tell me, right?” As if I don’t know what the eff I’m talking about.

I like you as a poster. You seem like a cool guy in real life. But I figured I’d reply to snark with some snark.

Tell you what—why don’t you share your top 5 duos in the league for right now?
My apologies...I didn't mean for the "right",to sound so, "wrong"....SmokinSmile

Top 5 duo's:

LeBron/AD
Harden/Westbrrok
Giannis/Middleton
Jokic/Murray
Doncic/Portzingus

Close:

Leonard/Hill

Underrated:

Mitchell/Gobert

Overrated:

Simmons/Embiid.

Clippers didn't have enough depth in the backcourt

I love Lou Williams but Lou needs to go.

I had this discussion with people before the season and they told me Clippers had depth.

But like I said they didn't in the backcourt

I haven't seen the numbers yet but if you can find out the +/- for Beverley and without him

From watching the series he was the only one that can guard Murray

Lakers could have issues with Murray.
Have more depth but no one to really guard him

Last edited:
My apologies...I didn't mean for the "right",to sound so, "wrong"....SmokinSmile

Top 5 duo's:

LeBron/AD
Harden/Westbrrok
Giannis/Middleton
Jokic/Murray
Doncic/Portzingus

Close:

Leonard/Hill

Underrated:

Mitchell/Gobert

Overrated:

Simmons/Embiid.

I can’t agree with you on Harden and Westbrook. Westbrook is just so inefficient...I think they actually play better without him. And Harden isn’t in the same tier as guys like Lebron, Steph, Kawhi, so he can’t fully make up for Westbrook’s inefficiency.

The rest looks pretty good. I def agree on Mitchell and Gobert being underrated. Heck, it’s an oversight by me to not mention them in my post. Truthfully, I think they could have beat the Clippers had they not run into Jokic.

But who’s Leonard and Hill?

Lebron/AD
Steph/Dray
Giannis/Middleton
Jokic/Murray
Kawhi/PG

You would have Steph and Dray 2nd?? You are joking right? I wouldn't even have that combo in the top 5.

Top 5 duo's:

LeBron/AD
Harden/Westbrrok
Giannis/Middleton
Jokic/Murray
Doncic/Portzingus

Close:

Leonard/Hill

Underrated:

Mitchell/Gobert

Overrated:

Simmons/Embiid.

Good list except having Harden and Westbrook ahead of Kawhi and Paul George. That is just crazy talk.

ADVERTISEMENT