ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Bubble Thread

Thought the Jazz Pels game was more exciting. Clipps Lakeshow was really sloppy, plus Lou Williams and Trezz were out.

I don't think the Lakers will be able to beat the Clippers in a series once those two come back. JMO. And yea, the first game was awesome and a great way to get back into the season.
Too many threats on the Clipps. The lakers are obviously really good, but I think the Clippers would win it in 6...maybe 7 because Lebron will Lebron. As for the Jazz, they looked solid but so did NO. I’m impressed with Ingram, dude is legit.

Reactions: JimboBBN
It was a great night. I feel like I’ve been without basketball for so long that I was SO grateful for the basketball tournament, but last night was a refresher on what an advanced level the NBA is at. It was glaring.
Collegiate ball is so bad compared to NBA, it’s sometimes hard to watch for me. I still watch though..

i do not think there is anyway possible i could care less about the NBA
when they actually go back to playing team basket ball and no continuation from the opposite free throw line then maybe i could get interested again

Reactions: Yellow Man
Too many threats on the Clipps. The lakers are obviously really good, but I think the Clippers would win it in 6...maybe 7 because Lebron will Lebron. As for the Jazz, they looked solid but so did NO. I’m impressed with Ingram, dude is legit.
Clippers had a lot to gain by having the NBA in a bubble. We all believe that the Lakers and Clips are going to meet in the playoffs and if they did, the Lakers were going to have home court advantage all series.

Reactions: UL_1986
Jokic is beast. Great touch and vision. This game is entertaining early

This Denver team has championship potential in the coming years. Nikola Jokic is a star. Jamal Murray is very good. Michael Porter Jr. has star potential, he looks like he’ll be a steal, Bol Bol could be something. They have other nice pieces too like Gary Harris, Jerami Grant, Will Barton, Mason Plumlee. Hopefully they can make the money work.

Crazy that Kendrick Nunn is starting for the heat now. He single handedly upset MSU in 2017, a team that went on to win the Big Ten. We ended up winning by 13 but it was a 1 point game with under 5 minutes left. He had 32/7. Him and Duncan Robinson are both crazy stories.

when they actually go back to playing team basket ball and no continuation from the opposite free throw line then maybe i could get interested again
Casual.

It’s a shitty argument too. Ball movement on offense is probably at an all time high. Just because James Harden is an offensive god doesn’t mean the whole league doesn’t play “team basketball”
It’s easy to spot people that don’t even watch NBA now. Its way easier on the eyes in terms of offense like you said, and come playoffs the defense is spectacular.

not in a long time
the product has sucked for long time
minus all the fouls being called the college game is much better basketball
Why? I personally prefer college basketball for the some reason I’m far more emotionally invested in MSU than I am any pro team, but the product of pro leagues is objectively better. You are watching the best in the world go at it, and they allow a lot more physicality than College (normally)

Love NBA basketball, but I’ve never stopped liking it. I started watching NBA from after Jordan’s first retirement until now. Different eras, but to say NBA isn’t a team sport anymore is simply not true. I personally follow the Jazz, Clipps, Hornets (yikes I know). However, I’ll watch any Lakers, Bucks, Raptors, Heat, Nuggets,Celtics, etc game. Giannis is a specimen.. skipping out on watching that dude is crazy to me. He’s dominant, and Lebron and Kawhi are so good it’s hard to even comprehend.

Why? I personally prefer college basketball for the some reason I’m far more emotionally invested in MSU than I am any pro team, but the product of pro leagues is objectively better. You are watching the best in the world go at it, and they allow a lot more physicality than College (normally)
no doubt they have the best players in the world
yet they still feel the need to artificially inflate scoring

Last edited:
I caught the Lakers-Clippers game. For me, it just served as another reminder of how much less interesting and watchable the league has become in the last decade or two.

Clipper looking godly early. Kawhi and Paul George alone out scoring the Pelicans.

Love NBA basketball, but I’ve never stopped liking it. I started watching NBA from after Jordan’s first retirement until now. Different eras, but to say NBA isn’t a team sport anymore is simply not true. I personally follow the Jazz, Clipps, Hornets (yikes I know). However, I’ll watch any Lakers, Bucks, Raptors, Heat, Nuggets,Celtics, etc game. Giannis is a specimen.. skipping out on watching that dude is crazy to me. He’s dominant, and Lebron and Kawhi are so good it’s hard to even comprehend.
I like the NBA, but not as much as in years past. I’m a bit older than most of you on here, but when teams made the playoffs - especially 90’s Bulls/Knicks - it was about embarrassing the other team. Play was much more physical with a lot of sack-across-the-face kind of competition.

I don't care for the NBA...But I recognize and appreciate the level those dudes play at...So many nuances from the NBA to CBB, for me to really enjoy the NBA as a GAME. I hate the advancement of the ball for timeouts...Not sure what a foul is....Or a travel. Seems the game is officiated to fit the entertainment aspect---And I get that. Just not my cup of tea.

The argument I do not agree with, is the lack of defense. The level its played at is ridiculous...Its just sometimes hard to see because of how good those dudes are offensively.

the NBA is a fraud, and has been since the players have been able to choose who and where they want to play. It's bull shit, and a lot of you are too young to realize what competition brings into play.

Probably the smartest team orginization in the league is the Knicks... They have sold out for decades despite being the dumbest bunch in the league..

I always enjoyed and even playing field.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I will agree the player empowerment makes it hard to pick a favorite team unless you just bandwagon along with your favorite player.

Plus it gives small market teams basically no chance, well really any team that isn’t a “super team” has little to no chance.

Insert "old man yells at cloud gif"

Would recommend turning on Rockets Bucks. It’s a 1 point game going into the 4th. Giannis is on fire.

Hell of a game for Brook Lopez, but that’s to be expected when Rockets start a 6’6 center

Rockets roster is literally live by the 3 die by the 3. 58 attempts tonight.

Reactions: MGC_07
George Hill just tripped over himself and turned the ball over with 2 minutes left in a close game and has completely shifted the momentum. Now the Rockets are up with 1:30 left

George Hill just tripped over himself and turned the ball over with 2 minutes left in a close game and has completely shifted the momentum. Now the Rockets are up with 1:30 left
Got ourselves a ball game

Reactions: MGC_07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT