ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Bubble Thread

Saying AD is better than Jokic at this point is laughable. Talk about stubbornness and doubling down. Lol.
Anthony Davis with a f*ck you attitude would be better, but Davis just seems to fade into the background in too many games. I agree.

Saying AD is better than Jokic at this point is laughable. Talk about stubbornness and doubling down. Lol.

Agreed. I'll always love AD for breaking the title streak but it's obvious you can't really go that far with him as the main star. Jokic was the best player on the ECF team last year and what they've done after losing Murray is quite impressive this year.

Reactions: GE Nole
A healthy Davis is a better player than Jokic because he is elite defensively as well.

Jokic is a currently safer bet due to durability, but when both are 100% I'm taking Davis every time.

A healthy Davis is a better player than Jokic because he is elite defensively as well.

Jokic is a currently safer bet due to durability, but when both are 100% I'm taking Davis every time.

“As well”? As well as what?

Jokic is better than AD at virtually every offensive skill of category. So what do you mean when you say he’s “better defensively as well”?

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
“As well”? As well as what?

Jokic is better than AD at virtually every offensive skill of category. So what do you mean when you say he’s “better defensively as well”?
What are you on about?? The phrase "better defensively as well" didn't appear once in my post.

I said that AD is elite in offense AND defense, while Jokic is elite at only offense.

No it isn't. The titanic isn't going to unsink itself. Davis' groin injury will heal.

AD has played 9 NBA seasons and only two have seen him play more than 70 games. He has more seasons with 61 or fewer games played than he does 70+.

Jokic has played 6 NBA seasons and all 6 saw him play 72+ games. He’s got two seasons of playing 80 games.

AD simply isn’t durable.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
What are you on about?? The phrase "better defensively as well" didn't appear once in my post.

I said that AD is elite in offense AND defense, while Jokic is elite at only offense.

You serious, Clark? The post I quoted by you literally says “A healthy Davis is a better player because he is elite defensively as well.”

Last edited:
You serious, Clark? The post I quoted by you literally says “A healthy Davis is a better player because he is better defensively as well.”
Yes, I'm dead serious Clark(wtf?)

You apparently don't know what the word quote means.

I said he is "elite defensively as well". You even actually quoted me then managed to misquote me in the same post. SMH.

Yes, I'm dead serious Clark(wtf?)

You apparently don't know what the word quote means.

I said he is "elite defensively as well". You even actually quoted me then managed to misquote me in the same post. SMH.

You never mentioned offense. You just said defense.

Bottom line is, Jokic is better than AD across the board on offense, and a better rebounder than AD offensively and defensively. Their steals are basically a wash.

The only thing AD does better than Jokic is block shots.

Bottom line is, Jokic is better than AD across the board on offense, and a better rebounder than AD offensively and defensively. Their steals are basically a wash.

Jesus, just admit you misquoted me and move on. You thought I said AD was better at offense than Jokic and I didn't.

I didn't mention offense specifically because saying someone is "elite defensively as well" directly implies they are elite on offense if you understand the English language and know that basketball consists of both offense and defense.

AD is unquestionably a better defensive player than Jokic, that you would even try to act like it is a debate tells me all I need to know about how much NBA you watch.

That's not really fair tbh. Davis is an uber elite defender, one of the very best in the NBA. Jokic is a decent defensive player at his peak. But I do think Jokic's offensive skills and abilities to make players better on that front makes him better and more valuable. It's the same thing with the MVP talk between him and Embiid imo. Elite defense doesn't close the gap enough.

That's not really fair tbh. Davis is an uber elite defender, one of the very best in the NBA. Jokic is a decent defensive player at his peak. But I do think Jokic's offensive skills and abilities to make players better on that front makes him better and more valuable. It's the same thing with the MVP talk between him and Embiid imo. Elite defense doesn't close the gap enough.

When healthy, Davis is a tremendous shot blocker and impactful defensive player. No question.

But as you said, the gap between Davis and Jokic on D (and really it’s just a gap between them as a rim protector) isn’t near enough to cancel out the gap between Jokic and AD for the rest of their games.

People don’t realize how good of a defender Jokic is, not because of athleticism but because of his basketball IQ. He just disrupts opposing offenses by being in the right place.

And that doesn’t even mention that he’s a better offensive and defensive rebounder than AD is.

Jesus, just admit you misquoted me and move on. You thought I said AD was better at offense than Jokic and I didn't.

I didn't mention offense specifically because saying someone is "elite defensively as well" directly implies they are elite on offense if you understand the English language and know that basketball consists of both offense and defense.

AD is unquestionably a better defensive player than Jokic, that you would even try to act like it is a debate tells me all I need to know about how much NBA you watch.

I’m gonna go ahead and say the guy insisting AD is better overall than Jokic is probably not a great source on the NBA.

Reactions: 829305
I’m gonna go ahead and say the guy insisting AD is better overall than Jokic is probably not a great source on the NBA.

Instead of admitting you misquoted me you now are just making dumber and dumber arguments.

Jokic vs a healthy Davis as overall players is a valid debate. Literally no one that knows basketball thinks Jokic is even close to Davis' level on defense.

The fact that you are acting like those two arguments have equal merit says something about your ability to admit to a simple mistake.

When healthy, Davis is a tremendous shot blocker and impactful defensive player. No question.

But as you said, the gap between Davis and Jokic on D (and really it’s just a gap between them as a rim protector) isn’t near enough to cancel out the gap between Jokic and AD for the rest of their games.

People don’t realize how good of a defender Jokic is, not because of athleticism but because of his basketball IQ. He just disrupts opposing offenses by being in the right place.

And that doesn’t even mention that he’s a better offensive and defensive rebounder than AD is.

No, he's a far superior defender. Not just shot blocking. Jokic is a better defender than people give him credit for because of his basketball IQ like you said. But the gap between the two is still quite large. Davis averages more defensive rebounds and total rebounds per game over his career than Jokic has btw. The number has gone down in LA because they almost always play with a true center + LeBron which takes a good number away.

Instead of admitting you misquoted me you now are just making dumber and dumber arguments.

Jokic vs a healthy Davis as overall players is a valid debate. Literally no one that knows basketball thinks Jokic is even close to Davis' level on defense.

The fact that you are acting like those two arguments have equal merit says something about your ability to admit to a simple mistake.

Lol what are you talking about? Seriously. I went back and clarified. You’re right, I read the original post too fast.

But you can go through this entire thread and find how consistent I’ve been for 10 months. There was at least some debate last year about the two of them being equal.

Now it’s not really a debate. Jokic is better overall than AD. AD is the better shot blocked.

No, he's a far superior defender. Not just shot blocking. Jokic is a better defender than people give him credit for because of his basketball IQ like you said. But the gap between the two is still quite large. Davis averages more defensive rebounds and total rebounds per game over his career than Jokic has btw. The number has gone down in LA because they almost always play with a true center + LeBron which takes a good number away.

Raw stats is pretty pointless in this day and age. Or at best “incomplete.” A guy could play on a team that misses a ton of shots and rack up defensive rebounds.

Jokic has higher career defensive rebounding percentage numbers (percent of available defensive rebounds while he’s on the court) and a higher career offensive rebound percentage. Their steal percentages are virtually identical.

Raw stats is pretty pointless in this day and age. Or at best “incomplete.” A guy could play on a team that misses a ton of shots and rack up defensive rebounds.

Jokic has higher career defensive rebounding percentage numbers (percent of available defensive rebounds while he’s on the court) and a higher career offensive rebound percentage. Their steal percentages are virtually identical.

All stats are then by that logic. Raw stats don't obviously don't tell the whole story, but neither do percentage stats. Jokic is an average defender at best, largely due to his IQ. Davis is one of the best defensive bigs in the league. A similar rebound or steal percentage doesn't change that. You saying Davis is only a better shot blocker on that end is false. That was the only thing I was arguing.

Like I said I don't think Davis' defense makes up for the gap between the two on offense. Jokic has some of the best court vision of any non PG ever. He's extremely efficient. In terms of fit he's super easy to build a team around. Someone like AD needs another uber elite ball handler at a minimum.

I'll take posts that didn't age well for $1000 Alex.
It almost like things change over 2 years. Davis had just won a title while dominating the bubble. Obviously not the case anymore.

I'm glad you're still thinking of my posts two years later, though. I don't think of you or your posts at all.

It almost like things change over 2 years. Davis had just won a title while dominating the bubble. Obviously not the case anymore.

I'm glad you're still thinking of my posts two years later, though. I don't think of you or your posts at all.
lol I'm not the one who bumped this you dummy.

Trust me, no one is thinking about you. Not even your family.

Lebron carried that title. AD isn’t someone you can build a title team around. Hell, he couldn’t even make the playoffs some years as THE GUY on his team.

ADVERTISEMENT