ADVERTISEMENT

***National Championship Game Thread***

What do we think, peeps? Will this be Hubert's first and last title game appearance? It will be interesting to see how his career progresses, but that is an outstanding accomplishment in year 1. UNC looked like ass most of the regular season but turned it on when it mattered. Not sure how much of that actually had to do with supreme coaching ability but a great end result nonetheless.
UNC has 0 McDonald's Americans coming in next year so I don't see this as being sustainable. They hit lightning in a bottle with Manek as a transfer and RJ Davis took a huge leap despite not being a highly ranked recruit.

If Love and Bacot bolt, I see UNC falling off the map almost entirely next year but we'll see.

Its all going to depend on how good Hubert is at recruiting. I do think he connects well with his players and genuinely cares for them. He has the full support of the Carolina faithful too so I suspect he'll have a long leash at UNC.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
UNC has 0 McDonald's Americans coming in next year so I don't see this as being sustainable. They hit lightning in a bottle with Manek as a transfer and RJ Davis took a huge leap despite not being a highly ranked recruit.

If Love and Bacot bolt, I see UNC falling off the map almost entirely next year but we'll see.

Its all going to depend on how good Hubert is at recruiting. I do think he connects well with his players and genuinely cares for them. He has the full support of the Carolina faithful too so I suspect he'll have a long leash at UNC.
How high of a recruit is highly ranked? He was 40th in his class I think.

How high of a recruit is highly ranked? He was 40th in his class I think.
Didn't realize he was the 43rd recruit in the Class of 2020 so I guess he wasn't that lowly ranked. I feel like he took a massive leap from last year to this year.

Didn't realize this until I saw this graphic. Pretty wild that both champs beat Creighton, Miami, and UNC on the way to the title.
weird.jpg

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Both teams EASILY would have won the tourney in 2020. There’s no doubt about it.

Not dry. We've already explained that Kansas is pooping down their legs. Plenty of lube there.
*For a quick moment, I was all
Nah, fam it can still be.. ohhh"*
😑 Boys are gross

Lol I love that your default defense mechanism is to blast Iowa any chance you get, ...
The lack of self-awareness with this one..

.. If not for Covid strong chance KU is staring at 2/3 national titles although never know how things play out with going pro..
See.. I absolutely loathe this as a Kansas fan. I can remember ~5 better Kansas teams that didn't win a title. Just because Kansas was stacked in 2020, doesn't mean they'd even sniff the title (game!).

I'm cool with "winning it for the 2020 team" but in no way would I claim any part of "strong chance that KU is staring at 2/3 titles.."

Nothing about this tourney is remotely close to a guarantee.

Last edited:
Biggest Congrats to North Carolina. Incredible, worthy team..

Manek fit like a glove, team gelled and peaked at just the right time.. so easy to root for in Davis's first go. Awesome season for sure.

Best, best of luck in 22/23.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
*For a quick moment, I was all
Nah, fam it can still be.. ohhh"*
😑 Boys are gross

The lack of self-awareness with this one..

See.. I absolutely loathe this as a Kansas fan. I can remember ~5 better Kansas teams that didn't win a title. Just because Kansas was stacked in 2020, doesn't mean they'd even sniff the title (game!).

I'm cool with "winning it for the 2020 team" but in no way would I claim any part of "strong chance that KU is staring at 2/3 titles.."

Nothing about this tourney is remotely close to a guarantee.
Self-awareness had nothing to do with that comment you chose to highlight........... :D

Biggest Congrats to North Carolina. Incredible, worthy team..

Manek fit like a glove, team gelled and peaked just in the nick of time.. so easy to root for in Davis's first go. Awesome season for sure.

Best, best of luck in 22/23.

It was fun for sure. They really did play well at the right time. You guys were great and definitely deserved it. Kansas had a great team. Well deserved title for those guys. Sucked that it was at UNC's expense but they earned it.

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT