ADVERTISEMENT

Name a Coach that doesn't warrant the hype

On a superficial level, there's quite a stark contrast in a coach's performance when you juxtapose Texas and Texas Tech both going 9-9 in the Big 12. Texas had 10 top 100 players; Texas Tech had 3. In four complete seasons at Texas, Shaka has yet to win an NCAA Tournament game, despite the fact that he's had a minimum of 6 top 100 players every season.

Also, you keep alluding to the idea that Beard performed well because of what players he retained from Tubby Smith. Odiase is literally the only holdover from the 2019 Final Four team; everyone else was recruited by Beard.

Chris Beard is a solid coach.
But when Texas Tech goes 9-9 next year some of you are going to start questioning his hype.

Man is overhyped. But this doesn't mean he isn't a solid coach.
Just means that he isn't what some of you think he is.

Going to win a lot of games at Tech and be there for 20+ years
Could end up back in the Final 4.

More of a Eddie Sutton type than a Top 5 coach.
Sutton is a basketball HoF so that is saying something.

Regarding Shaka.
Ask me in about 5-6 weeks. When people can see the full team in the gym preparing for the season.

If that team looks like they should I think people could be back on the Shaka bandwagon.

He needs to start creating a stable program that is winning 20+ games a year.
Having a great team one year may not save him.

Hm. Makes sense. Do you think the UMBC coach would beat Bennett in a rematch too?

It could happen again, the last time was a 20pts blowout so lets not act like it was really something that cannot be replicated if they met again. Most Choke Artists never learn, if you pay attention to Bill Self's 2010 and 2011 runs you'd realize that winning one national champion wont magically change a coach that much. They have high ceilings, but the floor can be very low as well, losing to heavy underdogs is nothing new for such choke artist coaches. There are exceptions, like Roy Willians since 2005 and Billy Donovan since 2006, but most choke artists will continue to choke frequently in future NCAA tournaments, some things are never going to change.

You big mad. Laughing It’s funny watching you flail and talk in circles over and over. Give it a rest, your raftard rhetoric is getting monotonous at this point. Just take your L.
This is exactly the response I expected from you. When you gabe nothing left in the tank, this is what losers resort to. This is the same BS you spewed when you got spanked in the locomotive thread.

Dude, I mean, bro---I knew you'd find a reasoning for UK fans using an excuse, opposed to others. An excuse is an excuse...No matte the platform. That is irrelevant.

Who ever said Miller and Mack were on the same level as Cal? Who? I sure as hell didn't. See this is where you guys get your panties in a wad....No one is saying or even remotely implying Miller/Mack are on the same level as Cal...I mean where da fuk did thought even come from, bro?

Cal took over an "NIT caliber program"? Do what? Anyways....He turned it around bro b/c he can ****ing recruit his ass off. Cousins and Wall were ready to go to Memphis---Hell COusins to UAB possibly. But they wanted to play for Cal....So they, along with Bledsoe, combined with Patrick Patterson and Miller, formed a pretty good stage to "turn things around.."....C'mon, bro...You actin' like Cal took over a broken program, or something. He took over a team that won 22 games, returned 5 or so key players----and then added a ****ing monster recruiting class, headline by John Wall and Cousins. C'mon,man---lets not act as if Cal worked a ****ing miracle with YMCA dude, and a star, i.e. Rick Pitino.

I like this---"Before Cal won the title in 2012, there were no excuses..." Way to 100% ignore the years I used where excuses were used----2014(No WCS vs UConn), or 2015(No Poythress vs Wisky)....Well played....

You're my man, bro....But dude----Excuses are excuses..
So now you’re going to forget that you asked where Cal coached prior to coming to UK? Seriously? YOU'RE the one that compared Cal to Archie and Mack. You were implying that Cal was a mid major coach, like Mack and Miller, prior to coming to UK.

And yes, Calipari most certainly did take over an NIT calibre program. It was in fact worse shape than Louisville after Pitino. It just went to the NIT and in 08 and should have gone to the NIT in 07. Tha program was pretty freaking broken. I don't know how you are trying to deny that.

Irrelevant....Fact is, he started out at mid-major...Like dam near every coach: "K" at Army...Self at Ilinois----I mean, ummm, Tulsa..Sorry, had to get a jab in at the Illini....Pitino at Providence....

Point being----being a coach at a mid-major is an irrelevant measure. Mack was really good at Xavier. And so far at UL, he's been pretty damn sharp, brother...MIller was great at Dayton. He's taken some lumps early at IU...But he's getting his brand installed....his recruting is starting to emerge...I think both are going to be really, really good head coaches...

Cal was recruiting nothing like what he is at UK, opposed to while at Memphis/UMass. His best recruit at Umass was Camby....No one else is even close...At Memphis, he got Rose and Evans. He would have gotten Wall and Cousins as well...Kentucky was a match-made in heaven for both parties. He hit his stride at UK......Perfect fit. He was really good at UMass....and Memphis. He's been down right nasty at UK. I mean, who is to say that Miller/Mack haven't found their "perfect matches" at IU and UL?

Gotta let the bias go, man...It makes for better, more genuine conversation.
Yup, pretty much every coach starts out at the mid major level, but most don't just take over big programs and succeed. Many have tried, but the pressure eventually gets to meet of them (Gillispie).

And the fact that Cal coached the Nets is most certainly relevant here, he didn't only have mid major coaching experience.

You like to do this, you state one thing, then, when I respond to it, you say it makes no sense or doesn’t matter, then you changed your argument. You alluded to Cal coming from mid major programs, like Archie and Mack and I corrected you by pointing out that Cal had 2 previous final fours and coached the nets. Somehow that doesn’t matter. I guess because that hurts your argument???

I mean, but you did "dig in"...You justified UK using excuses. Which, well, I knew you would. There is no difference...Excuses are excuses...No matter what they are being used for. In other words, it is the same damn thing if I say----"Miller could have been better had he not had all these injuries.....", compared to, "UK would have another title or two, if not for injuries...." Its the same shit bro. Both sides are giving excuses as to why they lost....
You’re not following. Not even close. I'm directly pointing the blame AT Calipari for losing in 2010, you have used the injury excuse for several years now to give Archie an out. There's a big difference, sorry, I thought you were smart enough to see tha difference.

And where the hell did I use the injury excuse for UK? Yeah, you’re right, using the injury excuse for UK would definitely be the same as you constantly using the injury excuse for Miller, but here's the problem with that, I never f*cking said anything about UK and injuries.

Regarding Shaka.
Ask me in about 5-6 weeks. When people can see the full team in the gym preparing for the season.

If that team looks like they should I think people could be back on the Shaka bandwagon.

He needs to start creating a stable program that is winning 20+ games a year.
Having a great team one year may not save him.
Just keep in mind, if Texas has a decent season this year, they will be stuck with Shaka for at least a couple more years. You good with that? I wouldn't be. He’s a pretender that caught lighting in a bottle and Texas best on him. Bad bet.

This is exactly the response I expected from you. When you gabe nothing left in the tank, this is what losers resort to. This is the same BS you spewed when you got spanked in the locomotive thread.
Spanked in the politics thread? Lol! Oh, you mean the echo chamber where you and your fellow mouth breathers talk in circles...similar to what you’re doing now. The problem here is you’re forcing raftard rhetoric that’s so trite and boring, these are the only responses warranted. Take your blue shades off, and be objective for once in your life. Your takes have been terrible regarding this subject, and you got called out. Now you feel the need to get personal and defensive like the politics thread, bc that’s your new personal norm. My advice would be to lighten up, and to possibly take your head out of your ass.

It could happen again, the last time was a 20pts blowout so lets not act like it was really something that cannot be replicated if they met again. Most Choke Artists never learn, if you pay attention to Bill Self's 2010 and 2011 runs you'd realize that winning one national champion wont magically change a coach that much. They have high ceilings, but the floor can be very low as well, losing to heavy underdogs is nothing new for such choke artist coaches. There are exceptions, like Roy Willians since 2005 and Billy Donovan since 2006, but most choke artists will continue to choke frequently in future NCAA tournaments, some things are never going to change.

Sure...a lot of things “could” happen. K could lose to Lehigh or Mercer again. Wright could lose again to any of the 20 teams that knocked him out in the 2nd round. Bill could lose to Shaka again.

There's no doubt that Self's had his share of disappointing losses to midmajors, but he's also 4-0 vs K and Roy in the tourney (usually as the underdog). 5-1 if you include Calipari.

At some point you have to just acknowledge that there is an element of luck and "madness" in the tourney.

Spanked in the politics thread? Lol! Oh, you mean the echo chamber where you and your fellow mouth breathers talk in circles...similar to what you’re doing now. The problem here is you’re forcing raftard rhetoric that’s so trite and boring, these are the only responses warranted. Take your blue shades off, and be objective for once in your life. Your takes have been terrible regarding this subject, and you got called out. Now you feel the need to get personal and defensive like the politics thread, bc that’s your new personal norm. My advice would be to lighten up, and to possibly take your head out of your ass.
Of course my takes are terrible in your eyes, they should be. When you can't actually reply to anything I've said, because you know you can't, your only defense is to take your ball and go home. That’s your while schtick. Your alligator mouth says crap that is easily debunked, then your parakeet ass can't do anything but post things off topic to deflect. You’re as predictable as the tide.

Be a man and stop running, it's just a discussion.

Of course my takes are terrible in your eyes, they should be. When you can't actually reply to anything I've said, because you know you can't, your only defense is to take your ball and go home. That’s your while schtick. Your alligator mouth says crap that is easily debunked, then your parakeet ass can't do anything but post things off topic to deflect. You’re as predictable as the tide.

Be a man and stop running, it's just a discussion.
Says the guy that has posted nothing but drivel. You should take your own advice, as you’re sounding like a giant vagina lately. Stay mad bitch boy. RollLaugh

The political threads have made you a mental midget. Capable of only making weak retorts that are completely fabricated and lacking facts. It’s a shame, because you used to be a somewhat decent poster who had the ability to objective once in a while. Bummer.

Just keep in mind, if Texas has a decent season this year, they will be stuck with Shaka for at least a couple more years. You good with that? I wouldn't be. He’s a pretender that caught lighting in a bottle and Texas best on him. Bad bet.

This isn't lighting in a bottle.

Shaka has created this team. We will have to see the result.

But the issue becomes who is left after this year.

They are bringing in a bunch of guys who aren't Top 50 recruits.
50-200 guys because of the G League. We will have to see how good Shaka and Neill Berry are at evaluating.

I like the fact that they are finally bringing in bigger guards.
Would like to see a few 6-4 to 6-6 combo guards.

Says the guy that has posted nothing but drivel. You should take your own advice, as you’re sounding like a giant vagina lately. Stay mad bitch boy. RollLaugh

The political threads have made you a mental midget. Capable of only making weak retorts that are completely fabricated and lacking facts. It’s a shame, because you used to be a somewhat decent poster who had the ability to objective once in a while. Bummer.
Still continuing to avoid the subject at hand and just turn this into a childish game.
Same crap you did in the loco thread over and over. You get your ass kicked because you have no clue what you're talking about, so you resort to lame personal attacks. I wish I could say I was surprised.

This isn't lighting in a bottle.

Shaka has created this team. We will have to see the result.

But the issue becomes who is left after this year.

They are bringing in a bunch of guys who aren't Top 50 recruits.
50-200 guys because of the G League. We will have to see how good Shaka and Neill Berry are at evaluating.

I like the fact that they are finally bringing in bigger guards.
Would like to see a few 6-4 to 6-6 combo guards.
When I said lightning in a bottle, I was referring to his FF with VCU.

When I said lightning in a bottle, I was referring to his FF with VCU.

Anthony Grant had a lot to do with it.

Everyone thought Grant was a bad coach.

People told me Grant was a good coach and he deserved more time. Proving that at Dayton.
A lot of these people feel like Shaka is as good of a coach as Grant if not better.
Especially when you have a Shaka Smart team in a must win game.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Texas won at least one game in the NCAA Tournament last year.
If they did lose it would be a last second thing like the other NCAA games.

Still continuing to avoid the subject at hand and just turn this into a childish game.
Same crap you did in the loco thread over and over. You get your ass kicked because you have no clue what you're talking about, so you resort to lame personal attacks. I wish I could say I was surprised.
“Continues to talk in circles and deflect”

You saying he’s a mediocre coach just isn’t a fact. Sorry bud, your take here comes off as homerish and wrong. Similar to your other awful takes.

“Continues to talk in circles and deflect”

You saying he’s a mediocre coach just isn’t a fact. Sorry bud, your take here comes off as homerish and wrong. Similar to your other awful takes.
What has he accomplished that separates him from others in the mediocre category?
Truth is, if he wasn't UofL's coach, you would agree with me, but you feel the need to defend his honor.
He's mediocre, that's my take, you disagree and that’s fine, I won't attack you for your opinion.

@UL_1986
@kyjeff1
Articles Of Armistice
Article 1
A ceasefire will begin @11:30 Zulu time or 11:30 EST which ever comes first.

Article 2
The subject of the controversy will not be discuss for 48 hrs and hopefully longer.

Article 3
Swords will be melted into to plowshares.

Article 4
Forces under your control with begin the peaceful fall back to the Cat or Card nation borders.

Stop the fighting, agree?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Della laying down the law

I haven't seen an official coach at Louisville in my entire life that couldn't win a NC
Mack could be the first but I doubt it.
Isn't it your job to lay down the law in here… .. sheriff.
I never said Mack "couldn't win a title", but at this point, he and Archie Miller are still mid major coaches that got a shot at coaching at bigtime universities.
Both the media and fans have hyped up both coaches, that's cool, you should always stand behind your coach and believe in him, but their resume's are what they are and you can't get butthurt when their names get dropped in a thread like this.
If your feelings get hurt because your coach gets brought up here, then you would really hate being a fan of UK, Cal gets more criticism than any coach in the country, especially from UL fans. Tell me I'm wrong.

Reactions: AWilli6995
@UL_1986
@kyjeff1
Articles Of Armistice
Article 1

Article 2
The subject of the controversy will not be discuss for 48 hrs and hopefully longer.

Article 3

Article 4
Forces under your control with begin the peaceful fall back to the Cat or Card nation borders.

Awe c'mon Della, I'm just giving my little buddy a couple of friendly noogies. He'll be fiiiiiine.

What has he accomplished that separates him from others in the mediocre category?
Truth is, if he wasn't UofL's coach, you would agree with me, but you feel the need to defend his honor.
He's mediocre, that's my take, you disagree and that’s fine, I won't attack you for your opinion.
I wouldn’t at all. He’s got an elite and and a pair of sweet 16’s in a decade of coaching, and the two years he’s been at U of L, we’ve been in trouble with NCAA. Our team was 24-7 and tied for second in the ACC this past year before it ended due to Covid-19. Your “facts” surrounding him being mediocre just don’t add up. Thanks for playing chump.

@UL_1986
@kyjeff1
Articles Of Armistice
Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

Article 4

tenor.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I wouldn’t at all. He’s got an elite and and a pair of sweet 16’s in a decade of coaching, and the two years he’s been at U of L, we’ve been in trouble with NCAA. Our team was 24-7 and tied for second in the ACC this past year before it ended due to Covid-19. Your “facts” surrounding him being mediocre just don’t add up. Thanks for playing chump.
So, your proof that Mack is some great coach, is his elite 8 appearance and a pair of sweet 16's? Is that what you're saying?

Oh, you added a second place regular season ACC finish to back that up. Doesn’t the ACC do an unbalanced schedule? Seriously though, you’re bragging about being in 2nd place? Do you understand how pathetic this is?

You’re kidding right? Need I remind you, you’re a member of the same fanbase that crushed Calipari for "only having 1 title". Tell me I'm lying when I say your fanbase throws more shade at Calipari for sucking than any other coach. Go ahead, tell me I'm lying.

So, Calipari sucks, a guy that has 6 final fours and a title, but Chris Mack, with his E8 appearance is great????? Do I have that right?

Sorry, but I'm not out of line when I say Chris Mack and both Miller brothers are on my list of coaches that are over-hyped. If that bothers you, then that's your problem, but the fact that you tried to use 1 elite 8 appearance and two sweet 16's as proof that he's not overhyped, just makes you look like a fool, especially when we both know how your fanbase views Calipari. Talk about hypocrisy.

So, your proof that Mack is some great coach, is his elite 8 appearance and a pair of sweet 16's? Is that what you're saying?

Oh, you added a second place regular season ACC finish to back that up. Doesn’t the ACC do an unbalanced schedule? Seriously though, you’re bragging about being in 2nd place? Do you understand how pathetic this is?

You’re kidding right? Need I remind you, you’re a member of the same fanbase that crushed Calipari for "only having 1 title". Tell me I'm lying when I say your fanbase throws more shade at Calipari for sucking than any other coach. Go ahead, tell me I'm lying.

So, Calipari sucks, a guy that has 6 final fours and a title, but Chris Mack, with his E8 appearance is great????? Do I have that right?

Sorry, but I'm not out of line when I say Chris Mack and both Miller brothers are on my list of coaches that are over-hyped. If that bothers you, then that's your problem, but the fact that you tried to use 1 elite 8 appearance and two sweet 16's as proof that he's not overhyped, just makes you look like a fool, especially when we both know how your fanbase views Calipari. Talk about hypocrisy.
When did anyone mention Calipari you dipshit? Mack has been coaching since 2009-10, Cal has coached more than twice as long as Mack. You’re not this dense are you? There’s a reason no ones backing you up this dumbass take of yours. All it tells me is you hate Mack and U of L. lol. Your take doesn’t bother me it’s just a horrible take that needs to be laughed at. And boy did it provide me a good laugh. Cheers.

Last edited:
When did anyone mention Calipari you dipshit? Mack has been coaching since 2009-10, Cal has coached more than twice as long as Mack. You’re not this dense are you? There’s a reason no ones backing you up this dumbass take of yours. All it tells me is you hate Mack and U of L. lol. Your take doesn’t bother me it’s just a horrible take that needs to be laughed at. And boy did it provide me a good laugh. Cheers.
Boy, you really made a mess here. It looks like my comments flew right by you.

First, since when did someone have to "bring up" ANYTHING [Calipari in this case) for it to be introduced into the discussion? Is that a rule now?

My point was, UofL fans have been crushing Cal for years, even after he won a title, saying he sucks as a coach, but you are upset at me because I think Mack, a guy with one elite 8 as an accomplishment, is overrated.

Also, talk about dense, since when does Mack's length of time as a coach matter??? You could have literally ZERO coaching experience and still be over-hyped. You do realize the discussion is about over-hyped coaches, right?

Lastly, no, I do not hate Chris Mack, that's ridiculous. He’s done nothing to make me hate him. I'm sorry that you are so butthurt over me putting CM on my list of overrated coaches. You come across as a whiny baby right now.

Boy, you really made a mess here. It looks like my comments flew right by you.

First, since when did someone have to "bring up" ANYTHING [Calipari in this case) for it to be introduced into the discussion? Is that a rule now?

My point was, UofL fans have been crushing Cal for years, even after he won a title, saying he sucks as a coach, but you are upset at me because I think Mack, a guy with one elite 8 as an accomplishment, is overrated.

Also, talk about dense, since when does Mack's length of time as a coach matter??? You could have literally ZERO coaching experience and still be over-hyped. You do realize the discussion is about over-hyped coaches, right?

Lastly, no, I do not hate Chris Mack, that's ridiculous. He’s done nothing to make me hate him. I'm sorry that you are so butthurt over me putting CM on my list of overrated coaches. You come across as a whiny baby right now.
So you admit you arbitrarily inserted Cal into a discussion you quoted me on. Thanks for playing. You are clearly upset, and it’s kinda sad at this point.

LOL? tell that to KAT a guy who was out of the top ten and was criticized for little post work and for floating around on the perimeter and being soft in the paint. Cal and KP take him and gives him post moves and a bulk him up and turn him into the #1 overall pick. I find it amusing that UL fans call players earning a living overseas playing ball “washed up” i’ll name a few “washed” UK players
James Young
The harrisons
Ulis (great player just not tall enough)
Doron Lamb
Dakari Johnson
Marcus Lee
all of these guys fall victim to leaving when they’re not ready (everyone except Ulis that guy would’ve been the best guard in the league had he been 6’1-6’3”)
And i find it EXTREMELY AMUSING that you bring up Whitney a guy who decided to bolt in the middle of the season instead of staying and developing with UK and Cal. in conclusion UL fans are stupid

Good point regarding KAT, although I thought he was a top ten recruit. But what I’m saying is if that’s all there was to it then why didn’t Cal and Payne do the exact same thing with Skal, or EJ Montgomery or Dakari. Hell Dakari and KAT played together so did Cal make Dakari wear ear buds and a blindfold so he couldn’t hear and see all the developmental magic going on with KAT at practice? The bottom line is One guy is more talented than the other, and likely has a better work ethic on top of being more talented.

Player development comes down to work ethic and talent/god given ability (athletic and otherwise)

I’m not saying Cal can’t or doesn’t develop players. He does and he’s very good at it. I’m just saying he doesn’t have some magic pixie dust or secret drills that guarantees players develop from scrubs to first round picks. He just gets so many very talented, very highly rated players even while some don’t live up to the hype there are still plenty of others that do and some that even exceed expectations. I’m also not saying it’s his fault when players don’t live up to HS rankings. Imo that’s on either the players work ethic or the recruiting services overrating them.

Regarding the players leaving too early, I mean is that even a thing at UK, too early? They are encouraged to leave early, and the ones that get drafted in the first round are very smart to do so. Basketball players don’t stop getting better at basketball once they leave college and get to the NBA. In fact it’s the opposite as they can focus on basketball 24/7 with the best coaches and facilities in the world.

plus Uk hasn’t had a ton of success keeping guys in the league that stayed more than a season at UK. But that’s a double edged sword bc the most talented and likely to have nba success are gonna be the ones that leave after one year anyways. But they don’t have much to stand on as far as well he would have stayed another year and he would have had a better nba career. Jones and Washington definitely helped their stock by coming back their soph years, but Jones seems to be a bit of a head case and he’s out of the league. Too early to tell on PJ but he got him a nice paycheck if nothing else. I can’t even remember who drafted him.

But over half the ones you listed stayed longer than most.
Marcus Lee left early.......as a transfer to Cal, so not sure how he applies. Harrisons came in as top 5 recruits, top ten picks in mock drafts, didn’t live up to the hype, came back as sophomores and played better, esp aaaron, but still went 2nd round and undrafted respectively.

Young, Lamb, and Dakari got drafted IIRC so hard to blame them leaving imo.

But I understand your point as well, if a few of those guys had come back they could have potentially been all American type players in College. The thing is that doesn’t much help ur draft stock. Hell look at Garza at Iowa, POY runner up, wasn’t gonna be drafted, or even Quickley, great shooter, SEC POY, likely to be a 2nd round pick or undrafted. But I’m saying it now, quickley will be the most succesfull UK player in the nba in this years draft.

I totally agree about Ullis, dude was a total stud and one of my favorite former Cats. Not only was he so good, he was just so smart and fun to watch.

I brought up Whitney bc he felt his career would be better served focusing on basketball and the G League than stay at UK and develop under Cal. This is a guy who was living it every day, not just looking at recruiting ranks and mock drafts. And maybe dude is a bit of a head case, or soft, or overrated, idk. Just thought it was odd a top 10 recruit would leave UK half way through his frosh year. Is he gonna go Gleague or transfer to another school, hadn’t heard much since he quit.

So you admit you arbitrarily inserted Cal into a discussion you quoted me on. Thanks for playing. You are clearly upset, and it’s kinda sad at this point.
You still don't get it and lets be honest, I didn't @ you. You are the one that got all butthurt and called me out for my opinion that Mack is over-hyped.

As far as Cal, I simply used him as an example.

Be honest here, does your fanbase constantly refer to Cal as "underachieving", "a cheater" (which is incredibly hypocritical), "he only rolls the balls out" and "he can't coach a lick"? True or false?

We both know it's true. So a guy with 6 final fours and a title, sucks and is over-hyped in the eyes of your fanbase, but I'm supposed to feel like Mack is worthy of the hype y'all give him???

Just remember, I'm not the one that got pissed here, that would be you. You got offended because I listed Chris Mack.

You still don't get it and lets be honest, I didn't @ you. You are the one that got all butthurt and called me out for my opinion that Mack is over-hyped.

Be honest here, does your fanbase constantly refer to Cal as "underachieving", "a cheater" (which is incredibly hypocritical), "he only rolls the balls out" and "he can't coach a lick"? True or false?

We both know it's true. So a guy with 6 final fours and a title, sucks and is over-hyped in the eyes of your fanbase, but I'm supposed to feel like Mack is worthy of the hype y'all give him???

Just remember, I'm not the one that got pissed here, that would be you. You got offended because I listed Chris Mack.
You’re making another broad generalization, and I’ve already said your take was terrible and riddled with error. I’m sorry that upsets you. We can keep talking in circles if you’d like though.

You’re making another broad generalization, and I’ve already said your take was terrible and riddled with error. I’m sorry that upsets you. We can keep talking in circles if you’d like though.
Why are you refusing to answer the question?

Are you trying to tell me that your fanbase hasn't consistently said those things about Cal? Come on.man, you know better. You just won't answer honestly, because you know if you do, you will have to admit I'm right.

So predictable.

Reactions: RunninRichie

Who exactly is hyping up Mack? I mean he did a good job at Xavier, but no one has been comparing him to Brad Stevens run around butler or anything. He’s our coach of course we are gonna root for and like the guy.

IMO it’s way to early to tell how Mack’s career will turn out, or if he’s over or under rated. He’s done well so far at Louisville, and it’s only been 2 seasons, but with the ncaa eyeing our anus things could get ugly for a few years, so who knows.

Who exactly is hyping up Mack? I mean he did a good job at Xavier, but no one has been comparing him to Brad Stevens run around butler or anything. He’s our coach of course we are gonna root for and like the guy.

IMO it’s way to early to tell how Mack’s career will turn out, or if he’s over or under rated. He’s done well so far at Louisville, and it’s only been 2 seasons, but with the ncaa eyeing our anus things could get ugly for a few years, so who knows.
I'm friends with a ton of Louisville fans and every single one of them hypes him up like he's this awesome coach with a long list of accomplishments. At this point, he hasn't done anything of note yet. I get standing behind him, but it's over the top for what he is at this point in his career. Same thing with some of the cards fans that come on here. I mean,.. look how butthurt 86 is over my thoughts that CM is over-hyped. He's acting like I said something about his momma.

Same thing with IU fans. I think Archie is a decent coach, but if you go to any IU boards and read, you would be blown away. You would think IU fans would know better after all they've been through.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Anthony Grant had a lot to do with it.

Everyone thought Grant was a bad coach.

People told me Grant was a good coach and he deserved more time. Proving that at Dayton.
A lot of these people feel like Shaka is as good of a coach as Grant if not better.
Especially when you have a Shaka Smart team in a must win game.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Texas won at least one game in the NCAA Tournament last year.
If they did lose it would be a last second thing like the other NCAA games.

Texas has had more individual talent on their roster than all but a handful of teams. They should be able to win at least one NCAA Tourney game.

But Shaka just continues to show he’s unable to get it done consistently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT