ADVERTISEMENT

Name a Coach that doesn't warrant the hype

Idk really. This season is already gonna be weird (similar to the bubble in the NBA) so he kind of has a point. I’d like to see it obviously, but at this point..I just want the season not to have any hiccups.
I understand, but the two schools should have a contract, or agreement on the home and home.
If the game this year was at Rupp and Cal said the same would that be OK, I wouldn't agree, let's just play the best rivalry ever. 👍
@della Best Rivalry ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
I agree, Mack seems to be a good coach, but why is he trying to change the UK game? What's your opinion?
Yeah, not a good look. Cal hammered him pretty good through the media for his comments.

I think Mack is okay, but in reality, he's closer to Shaka than anything. 1 FF appearance when he ended up with a very balanced team with veteran players. Both coaches may never sniff the FF again.

I think UL fans are suffering from the same disease IU fans are suffering from. Both fan bases think their mid major coaches are diamonds in the rough. Maybe they are, but so far, I don’t see it. All I've heard are excuses (injuries, cheating scandals, strippers etc… ).

Idk really. This season is already gonna be weird (similar to the bubble in the NBA) so he kind of has a point. I’d like to see it obviously, but at this point..I just want the season not to have any hiccups.
What point is that? Everyone is going to be in the same situation when playing tough home games at some point. You can whine about it or you can zip your lip and fight through it. It’s a bad look for a coach to say what Mack said.

Yeah, not a good look. Cal hammered him pretty good through the media for his comments.

I think Mack is okay, but in reality, he's closer to Shaka than anything. 1 FF appearance when he ended up with a very balanced team with veteran players. Both coaches may never sniff the FF again.

I think UL fans are suffering from the same disease IU fans are suffering from. Both fan bases think their mid major coaches are diamonds in the rough. Maybe they are, but so far, I don’t see it. All I've heard are excuses (injuries, cheating scandals, strippers etc… ).
Pretty big reach here, but I get your disdain for U of L. This post pretty much exemplifies that.

What point is that? Everyone is going to be in the same situation when playing tough home games at some point. You can whine about it or you can zip your lip and fight through it. It’s a bad look for a coach to say what Mack said.
Not really. This season is already going to be weird. It seems like UK is more upset about this. It’s an OOC game in December after all. It’ll get back to normal once venued events get back to normal. The false narrative of “fighting though it” is just a dogshit talking point that doesn’t encapsulate the situation at hand.

Kinda disappointed in Shaka Smart, I used to think he was better than Bill Self, but meh. Still believe he will beat Bill Self if they met in the NCAA tournament, but thats if his team even makes it there at all.

Not really. This season is already going to be weird. It seems like UK is more upset about this. It’s an OOC game in December after all. It’ll get back to normal once venued events get back to normal. The false narrative of “fighting though it” is just a dogshit talking point that doesn’t encapsulate the situation at hand.
IU fans think OOC games in December matter.

Reactions: cdbearde
Pretty big reach here, but I get your disdain for U of L. This post pretty much exemplifies that.
Nah, I have zero feelings for UL. In fact, I don’t get why so many UK fans are bothered by U of L. I mean, the Cards aren't a threat in any sport, except baseball and nobody really cares about baseball. UK owns UL.

The only thing that is a head shaker to me, is the u of L fans, they talk so much smack as they're getting their asses kicked and even as they're in the middle of their umpteenth cheating scandal.

I mean, as UofL is getting hammered for hiring nasty prostitutes for underaged recruits, then getting caught paying a recruit through adidas, I still see UofL fans talking about how Cal is a cheater and UK sucks. I mean, how retarted is that?

As far as Mack's comments, I get it, you’re going to defend him, because you still think he's something special and you don’t want yet another thing on top of the heap of bad looks that have come out of that university the last 10 years.

If Cal said it, you would have a completely different stance and I would agree with you. It’s a stupid take man, it’s very whiny.

Wait, how is UK more upset about it? We're literally laughing at Mack. Heck, we're still laughing at your pathetic school for hiring prostitutes to screw underaged kids and their dads, then following it up with stealing taxpayer money and paying recruits.

Dude, literally nobody is bothered or upset about anything UofL related. I know you want to believe Mack's comments "bothered" UK, Cal and the BBN, but it's just not true, but it's funny you think that way. If only you knew what everyone thinks when UofL comes to mind.

I’m surprised to see Izzo on here. He made MSU a national brand and has led us to 8 Final Fours, plus a championship. We have been the most successful program in the Big Ten since he’s taken over no doubt. I mean I understand if you don’t want to put him on Coach K status but I don’t think Izzo is “overrated”
I think only one person had him on their list...and I highly suspect drinking was involved.

Wait, how is UK more upset about it? We're literally laughing at Mack. Heck, we're still laughing at your pathetic school for hiring prostitutes to screw underaged kids and their dads, then following it up with stealing taxpayer money and paying recruits.

Dude, literally nobody is bothered or upset about anything UofL related. I know you want to believe Mack's comments "bothered" UK, Cal and the BBN, but it's just not true, but it's funny you think that way. If only you knew what everyone thinks when UofL comes to mind.
A pretty big post to not be upset about it lol. Now **** off, you’ve gone off the deep end lately and I’m tired of spoon feeding you explanations.

Nah, I have zero feelings for UL. In fact, I don’t get why so many UK fans are bothered by U of L. I mean, the Cards aren't a threat in any sport, except baseball and nobody really cares about baseball. UK owns UL.

The only thing that is a head shaker to me, is the u of L fans, they talk so much smack as they're getting their asses kicked and even as they're in the middle of their umpteenth cheating scandal.

I mean, as UofL is getting hammered for hiring nasty prostitutes for underaged recruits, then getting caught paying a recruit through adidas, I still see UofL fans talking about how Cal is a cheater and UK sucks. I mean, how retarted is that?

As far as Mack's comments, I get it, you’re going to defend him, because you still think he's something special and you don’t want yet another thing on top of the heap of bad looks that have come out of that university the last 10 years.

If Cal said it, you would have a completely different stance and I would agree with you. It’s a stupid take man, it’s very whiny.
“I have zero feelings towards U of L”

Then proceeds to write a lengthy diatribe about how you apparently don’t care. Lol 🤦‍♂️

In Mack’s defense he took the exact same stance for the Cincy game in which we were supposed to go to Cincy this year and then they come to Louisville next year. He’s basically saying it’s not totally fair to the home team this year who will get no real home court advantage with no or limited crowds then have to go on the road next year to play in a hostile environment (hopefully) with fans in the stands.

I get his point, but I still want to see the game played. It’s not like UK fans don’t flock to the YUM center even when we aren’t playing UK, so imo it’s a one year anomaly in the midst of a pandemic, so I say we need to suck it up and play the game. But no one much cares about my opinion.

I agree, Mack seems to be a good coach, but why is he trying to change the UK game? What's your opinion?
Here is my thought: In 2021 you go to Rupp----regardless...And BTW, its 24, 000 Chris, not 21. Anyways...Regardless of where the game is played(this year) there is gonna be no "equity" for UL..So it changes noting really. For me? PLay the game at home. If I'm a coach, I'm trying to keep shit as normal as I can in a year where nothing has been close to normal. Keep my kids at home for the game. No travel...Sleep in their own beds...Play in a venue they are accustomed to .

BUt hey, coach if ya wanna neutral site, I hear Cal loves himself some Bloomington...Maybe suggest playing the game at Assembly Hall... SmokinSmile

I like ya Jeff, but bro---Can you guys stop with the, "we don't care about UL, shit...."? Dude, thats THE game on both schedules. Look its ok for UK to "look forward to playing someone else." I mean to hear some of you talk, the only game that could matter, would be the "Blue/White" game. I don't get why yall have to always feel everyone is beneath UK, and that its a privilege to play them. Maybe its an insecurity thing? I dunno. IMO this type of bravado is what makes UK so disliked by some. When you are constantly berating other programs, putting them beneath you, as if its a privy to play the Cats, well, people are not gonna like you.

I love the UK/UL game....Love the UNC/Duke game. Loved the IU/UK game. I think its stuipid when someone says, "playing such and such does us no good....its only good for them". Bro, thats the dumbest shit ever. I hate it when IU fans says it about Butler..Thats dumb.

So please, just quit with the downplaying...I mean maybe the game is meaningless to you. But to say you don't why UK cares(about UL) is easy-----Its Louisville. Its a school of history. Top 10 of all-time possibly. And the kicker is, they are less than 80 miles from you. So of course UK fans are gonna care. To say other wise to me is just being petty...

Exactly where did Cal coach before UK?

Excuses? Bro, come on. Why is it ok for UK to use "excuses", i.e. 'IF" Poythress were not hurt we beat Wisky, cause he could have defended Dekker"? Or ---"had WCS been available for the title game vs Uconn, we would have won"..

Now, look, maybe YOU didn't say that. But dude,I know a TON who did. I mean is it only an excuse when it doesn't involve your team?

As for Mack---What is it you haven't seen? Bro, he took over a scandal riddled progrram(sound faimiliar?), with no structure, and led them to 20 wins(NCAAT). Last year they were 24-7, and in line for a Top 4, if not top 3, seed. This in two years.....Again, sound familiar?

As for Miller---Took over a struggling program. NIT team that lost 16 games...A team that lost OG Annunoby, Thomas Bryant and James Blackmon. HIs best player going into his first season was....

Robert Johnson.

Year two....injuries. Lots of them. Team was 12-2 before the injuries came. Again---lots of them. First off, Jerome Hunter, a Top 50 kid, never played a minute. Then Phinisee gets hurt....Then Thompson....then Davis....The Durham...then Green...

IU lost 85 games that year to injuries.....85, bro. Then we find out that Langford had torn ligaments in his thumb since November(vs Duke). Then Morgan gets hurt.

Is what it is...Injuries are part of the game. But when you have to play with 85 man-games lost due to injury, you are going to struggle.

I wish sometimes, just here and there, folks could set aside bias, and look at things for what they are. It would make for better conversation.

This should go well.
I mean, its facts. I mean for some these dudes, its "excuses" when it involves someone else. But when its their team? Suddenly it becomes a truth. A reason. An excuse with merit.

Is what it is.

Agree 100%.
And if we are being honest, bro---we ALL do it. Hell I have done it. Difference is---I can admit to that. Those dudes? Nope. They'll dig in. And what is funny---They'll use the same reasoning that they blast you for using... Laughing

And if we are being honest, bro---we ALL do it. Hell I have done it. Difference is---I can admit to that. Those dudes? Nope. They'll dig in. And what is funny---They'll use the same reasoning that they blast you for using... Laughing
UK double standards > everyone else's.

Reactions: Villian07
A pretty big post to not be upset about it lol. Now **** off, you’ve gone off the deep end lately and I’m tired of spoon feeding you explanations.
So, in your mind, because my post is long, it means I'm upset? Now that's some backwards ass sh*t that is common with UL fans.

It’s almost as dumb as when UofL fans claim that UL is UK's superbowl, because that's the ONLY reason Cal's teams are so well prepared every year. Hilarious.

“I have zero feelings towards U of L”

Then proceeds to write a lengthy diatribe about how you apparently don’t care. Lol 🤦‍♂️
I ramble sometimes, that's the only reason that post was as long as it was.
Don't get your panties all wet thinking I am somehow hung up on anything Louisville. It’s a commuter school that has done some pretty dumb sh*t recently.

I like ya Jeff, but bro---Can you guys stop with the, "we don't care about UL, shit...."? Dude, thats THE game on both schedules. Look its ok for UK to "look forward to playing someone else." I mean to hear some of you talk, the only game that could matter, would be the "Blue/White" game. I don't get why yall have to always feel everyone is beneath UK, and that its a privilege to play them. Maybe its an insecurity thing? I dunno. IMO this type of bravado is what makes UK so disliked by some. When you are constantly berating other programs, putting them beneath you, as if its a privy to play the Cats, well, people are not gonna like you.

I love the UK/UL game....Love the UNC/Duke game. Loved the IU/UK game. I think its stuipid when someone says, "playing such and such does us no good....its only good for them". Bro, thats the dumbest shit ever. I hate it when IU fans says it about Butler..Thats dumb.

So please, just quit with the downplaying...I mean maybe the game is meaningless to you. But to say you don't why UK cares(about UL) is easy-----Its Louisville. Its a school of history. Top 10 of all-time possibly. And the kicker is, they are less than 80 miles from you. So of course UK fans are gonna care. To say other wise to me is just being petty...
Huh? You don’t know me, so you really have no basis to make these statements.

I really don't give a rip about UL. I wasn't born in KY, I wasn't raised in KY. I'm an import. Started going to UK games in the late 80's and stayed with it. So, I have none of the home grown hatred for them.

Also, UL really hasn't been competitive in cbb. UK has mopped the floor with them too many times the last 10 years.

Do you give a sh*t about Purdue? Maybe it's different for IU fans since the program has slipped so much, but really, Purdue isn’t a threat to what IU has accomplished as a program.

Is it or is it not annoying when a Purdue fan comes on here and talks smack to IU fans? It’s weird. Purdue has zero success in this sport. UL has some, but when you have had your ass handed to you for ten straight years (and throughout the entire history of the rivalry) and you have more scandals than teeth, you shut your mouth. You aren't a pimple on a whale's ass at that point. So yeah, I hate to be like that, but UofL is below UK. I thought everyone knew that.

Exactly where did Cal coach before UK?

Excuses? Bro, come on. Why is it ok for UK to use "excuses", i.e. 'IF" Poythress were not hurt we beat Wisky, cause he could have defended Dekker"? Or ---"had WCS been available for the title game vs Uconn, we would have won"..

Now, look, maybe YOU didn't say that. But dude,I know a TON who did. I mean is it only an excuse when it doesn't involve your team?

As for Mack---What is it you haven't seen? Bro, he took over a scandal riddled progrram(sound faimiliar?), with no structure, and led them to 20 wins(NCAAT). Last year they were 24-7, and in line for a Top 4, if not top 3, seed. This in two years.....Again, sound familiar?

As for Miller---Took over a struggling program. NIT team that lost 16 games...A team that lost OG Annunoby, Thomas Bryant and James Blackmon. HIs best player going into his first season was....

Robert Johnson.

Year two....injuries. Lots of them. Team was 12-2 before the injuries came. Again---lots of them. First off, Jerome Hunter, a Top 50 kid, never played a minute. Then Phinisee gets hurt....Then Thompson....then Davis....The Durham...then Green...

IU lost 85 games that year to injuries.....85, bro. Then we find out that Langford had torn ligaments in his thumb since November(vs Duke). Then Morgan gets hurt.

Is what it is...Injuries are part of the game. But when you have to play with 85 man-games lost due to injury, you are going to struggle.

I wish sometimes, just here and there, folks could set aside bias, and look at things for what they are. It would make for better conversation.
I only read the first paragraph.

Umm, yeah, Calipari came from 2 mid major programs, but he also coached the fu**cking NJ Nets dude. He also had 2 Final Fours prior to coming to UK and he was already a recruiting giant before coming to UK. Is Miller or Mack ANY of those things? Hell no.

Excuses? UK has a title and multiple final fours. The excuses you are referring to are "we didn’t win ANOTHER title because (insert what happened here)".

You seriously don't see the difference? What has Mack and/or Miller accomplished at their current schools that puts them in the same category as Cal? Cal took over an NIT calibre program and turned it around in 1 season.

Before Cal won the title in 2012, there were no excuses. The Wall team (2010) lost because the game wasn’t managed right and the team lost their head. That’s it.

I mean, its facts. I mean for some these dudes, its "excuses" when it involves someone else. But when its their team? Suddenly it becomes a truth. A reason. An excuse with merit.

Is what it is.
But it's not facts. Maybe you thought they were facts when you sounded them out in your mind, but none if that crap was "facts".

I ramble sometimes, that's the only reason that post was as long as it was.
Don't get your panties all wet thinking I am somehow hung up on anything Louisville. It’s a commuter school that has done some pretty dumb sh*t recently.
You keep digging a bigger hole, and I’m just watching in fascination. Might be time to sign off little raftard.

Oh yeah, I'm digging in I guess. I'm nit sure what else I was supposed to do, other than roll over and admit to being wrong when I wasn’t.
What would you like me to do?

You keep digging a bigger hole, and I’m just watching in fascination. Might be time to sign off little raftard.
Really? What hole? I haven't dug any hole. Borden and I have had many back and forths and we typically end up shaking hands in the end.

Sorry, but you don’t have enough mental fortitude to make me sign off.

It is pretty funny watching you stand behind Borden while you talk smack, like he's your dad.

Last edited:
Really? What hole? I haven't dug any hole. Borden and I have had many back and forths and we typically end up shaking hands in the end.

Sorry, but you don’t have enough mental fortitude to make me sign off.

It is pretty funny watching you stand behind Borden while you talk smack, like he's your dad.
You big mad. Laughing It’s funny watching you flail and talk in circles over and over. Give it a rest, your raftard rhetoric is getting monotonous at this point. Just take your L.

Umm, yeah, Calipari came from 2 mid major programs, but he also coached the fu**cking NJ Nets dude. He also had 2 Final Fours prior to coming to UK and he was already a recruiting giant before coming to UK. Is Miller or Mack ANY of those things? Hell no.

Excuses? UK has a title and multiple final fours. The excuses you are referring to are "we didn’t win ANOTHER title because (insert what happened here)".

You seriously don't see the difference? What has Mack and/or Miller accomplished at their current schools that puts them in the same category as Cal? Cal took over an NIT calibre program and turned it around in 1 season.

Before Cal won the title in 2012, there were no excuses. The Wall team (2010) lost because the game wasn’t managed right and the team lost their head. That’s it.
Dude, I mean, bro---I knew you'd find a reasoning for UK fans using an excuse, opposed to others. An excuse is an excuse...No matte the platform. That is irrelevant.

Who ever said Miller and Mack were on the same level as Cal? Who? I sure as hell didn't. See this is where you guys get your panties in a wad....No one is saying or even remotely implying Miller/Mack are on the same level as Cal...I mean where da fuk did thought even come from, bro?

Cal took over an "NIT caliber program"? Do what? Anyways....He turned it around bro b/c he can ****ing recruit his ass off. Cousins and Wall were ready to go to Memphis---Hell COusins to UAB possibly. But they wanted to play for Cal....So they, along with Bledsoe, combined with Patrick Patterson and Miller, formed a pretty good stage to "turn things around.."....C'mon, bro...You actin' like Cal took over a broken program, or something. He took over a team that won 22 games, returned 5 or so key players----and then added a ****ing monster recruiting class, headline by John Wall and Cousins. C'mon,man---lets not act as if Cal worked a ****ing miracle with YMCA dude, and a star, i.e. Rick Pitino.

I like this---"Before Cal won the title in 2012, there were no excuses..." Way to 100% ignore the years I used where excuses were used----2014(No WCS vs UConn), or 2015(No Poythress vs Wisky)....Well played....

You're my man, bro....But dude----Excuses are excuses..

Umm, yeah, Calipari came from 2 mid major programs, but he also coached the fu**cking NJ Nets dude. He also had 2 Final Fours prior to coming to UK and he was already a recruiting giant before coming to UK.
Irrelevant....Fact is, he started out at mid-major...Like dam near every coach: "K" at Army...Self at Ilinois----I mean, ummm, Tulsa..Sorry, had to get a jab in at the Illini....Pitino at Providence....

Point being----being a coach at a mid-major is an irrelevant measure. Mack was really good at Xavier. And so far at UL, he's been pretty damn sharp, brother...MIller was great at Dayton. He's taken some lumps early at IU...But he's getting his brand installed....his recruting is starting to emerge...I think both are going to be really, really good head coaches...

Cal was recruiting nothing like what he is at UK, opposed to while at Memphis/UMass. His best recruit at Umass was Camby....No one else is even close...At Memphis, he got Rose and Evans. He would have gotten Wall and Cousins as well...Kentucky was a match-made in heaven for both parties. He hit his stride at UK......Perfect fit. He was really good at UMass....and Memphis. He's been down right nasty at UK. I mean, who is to say that Miller/Mack haven't found their "perfect matches" at IU and UL?

Gotta let the bias go, man...It makes for better, more genuine conversation.

Oh yeah, I'm digging in I guess. I'm nit sure what else I was supposed to do, other than roll over and admit to being wrong when I wasn’t.
What would you like me to do?
I mean, but you did "dig in"...You justified UK using excuses. Which, well, I knew you would. There is no difference...Excuses are excuses...No matter what they are being used for. In other words, it is the same damn thing if I say----"Miller could have been better had he not had all these injuries.....", compared to, "UK would have another title or two, if not for injuries...." Its the same shit bro. Both sides are giving excuses as to why they lost....

Chris Beard is a solid coach.
I will tell you that now and I will tell you when the hype goes away

But Chris Beard's success raised the level of expectations for him with his fanbase and the media

Last year he didn't meet the expectations. This year he most likely won't.
I will admit being wrong if it doesn't happen. But I don't see the team he is putting on the court this year to be much better than what he had last year

Could eventually be but they are closer to a 9-9 Big 12 team again

On a superficial level, there's quite a stark contrast in a coach's performance when you juxtapose Texas and Texas Tech both going 9-9 in the Big 12. Texas had 10 top 100 players; Texas Tech had 3. In four complete seasons at Texas, Shaka has yet to win an NCAA Tournament game, despite the fact that he's had a minimum of 6 top 100 players every season.

Also, you keep alluding to the idea that Beard performed well because of what players he retained from Tubby Smith. Odiase is literally the only holdover from the 2019 Final Four team; everyone else was recruited by Beard.

ADVERTISEMENT