ADVERTISEMENT

Naismith Finalists

Looks like the four best options were selected. Good work. Seems like everyone is about even and will be decided in the tourney.

For the lazy;

DeAndre Ayton
Marvin Bagley III
Devonte Graham
Jalen Brunson

Thanks man!

Bagley was the ACC POY and FOY. The second freshman in the history of the ACC to win POY and the first freshman to lead the league in scoring and rebounds (despite missing 4 games). I know he won't win this award, but dude had a historic season in the ACC.

They all seem like really good candidates. Maybe a slight edge to Brunson? I just can't believe these two guys used to be teammates...

635836330946904315-bagley.jpg

Reactions: Quavarius
To be fair, it doesn't feel right to leave Young off that list.

Let's face it...he gets way more attention from defenses than Graham. If Graham had that level of attention, it's hard to imagine him piling up similar numbers. And it's hard to buy into the "better team" argument when KU proved it can still win when Graham has an awful shooting night.

Why is the best player in CBB in your lifetime not a Naismith Finalist?

Probably because people dont understand basketball. Jonathan Motley won power forward of the year over Caleb Swanigan last year too.

They need to get rid of these media slappies and get me and people like me who have an advanced understanding of the game and how its supposed to be played to vote on these.

Reactions: schoonerwest
ADVERTISEMENT