ADVERTISEMENT

My top 10 transfer QBs...

MFarrell

Rivals.com National Columnist on all things footba
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2001
Broad Brook, CT
www.rivals.com
Despite not being able to take hosted visits and with much of the recruiting done over Zoom, transfer players have found new homes over the last several months. Here are the 10 transfers that will make the biggest impact this season, based on team needs, conference title aspirations and playoff picture.
McKenzie Milton, Florida State
-- Milton has injury questions to answer but his leadership is unquestioned and his talent level was showcased at UCF before his gruesome career-threatening injury. Mike Norvell’s offense is quarterback-friendly for a quick decision maker and I expect Milton to put up nice numbers.

Grant Gunnell, Memphis
— Quarterbacks that play at Memphis tend to do well and Gunnell has the talent to put up monster numbers. He’ll have weapons to work with with the Tigers.

Bailey Zappe, Western Kentucky
— Zappe is joining his old coordinator Zach Kittley from Houston Baptist and the numbers they could put up together are astronomical. This is a great fit.

Jack Coan, Notre Dame
— Coan isn’t a dynamic passer and might not even win the starting job but there is little doubt in my mind he will impact the Notre Dame season in a big way.

Ryan Hilinski, Northwestern
— Hilinski is entering a good situation and an offense that fits his skillset. Northwestern will take a step back defensively but offensively he can keep things going.

Alan Bowman, Michigan
— Bowman doesn’t arrive until the summer but he put up impressive numbers when healthy at Texas Tech and he’s a tough leader.

Will Levis, Kentucky
— I love the way Levis throws the ball and he comes to Kentucky from Penn State without any lost confidence. I like his swagger and fit for Kentucky.

Tyler Shough, Texas Tech
— Shough has some work to do with consistency and accuracy but he’s shown he can be a rhythmic passer at the Power Five level.

Tanner Mordecai, SMU
— Mordecai is a nice fit at SMU and will keep their offense rolling along as he replaces prolific passer
Shane Buechele

Ethan Garbers, UCLA

Dorian Thompson-Robinson is the guy at UCLA but Garbers will push him. Down the road he’s a nice pairing with Chip Kelly for his sneaky ability to extend the play and work outside the pocket.

ADVERTISEMENT