ADVERTISEMENT

My theory why no 1 seeds in E8

Boilermaker03

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2004
Team
Purdue
I could be all wet on this. However, I believe that a major contributor are the covid players (meaning the players that have been allowed to stay that would otherwise be gone) have allowed this amazing parity and once those players are gone, things will go relatively back to normal. Thoughts?

Purdue should have been a 2 Seed and UCLA a 1. KU should have had the MW. Houston shouldn't suck. Bama shouldn't recruit killers.

Small tweaks and this could have been an all 1 seed FF

I could be all wet on this. However, I believe that a major contributor are the covid players (meaning the players that have been allowed to stay that would otherwise be gone) have allowed this amazing parity and once those players are gone, things will go relatively back to normal. Thoughts?
agree
a lot of these young men are playing against grown men

Purdue should have been a 2 Seed and UCLA a 1. KU should have had the MW. Houston shouldn't suck. Bama shouldn't recruit killers.

Small tweaks and this could have been an all 1 seed FF
Last years final 4 was boring a shit. Ncaa got it right this year. I mean Kansas got stroked by Arkansas who finished 10th in the SEC. You would have just lost to auburn or Miami had you been in the Midwest

A lot of factors as others say not going to point to a single thing. Portal and NIL evening out the playing field. TX entire squad is a transfer. Creighton top dog is a transfer. Miami is relying heavily on transfers.

And maybe this year's HS incoming FR class sucked in comparison to other years. Could be.

Saw this and thought it tells a pretty compelling story.

Experience ranks for the Elite Eight teams:

6 Texas
21 SDSU
27 Miami
30 KSU
43 Gonzaga
115 UConn
148 FAU
158 Creighton

All are in the top half with 5 in the top 43.

By contrast, the 1 seeds:

232 Kansas
257 Alabama
258 Houston
282 Purdue

Purdue has plenty of money. Start spending it
Purdue can't do that. That's not legal. Miami can't either, and they didn't. The Miami billionaire that said he had over $10 million dollars to get athletes to play there did, and it was IMO not in the spirit of what NIL was supposed to be.

Purdue can't do that. That's not legal. Miami can't either, and they didn't. The Miami billionaire that said he had over $10 million dollars to get athletes to play there did, and it was IMO not in the spirit of what NIL was supposed to be.
LOL. Either spend or be forgotten. College sports aren’t. Haven’t been clean for decades. Either pay to compete or you don’t. Purdue has plenty of rich alums to

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT