ADVERTISEMENT

My elite 8 to final four to champ based on Lunardi today

Why do SEC fans keep saying that it won’t improve football? Oklahoma is a top 5 program all time and even though Texas has been mediocre lately, they’re top 10. How does that not improve the conference?
Because it dilutes the league.

We will be up to 16 games and they are considering a quad deal which will be necessary to mix up the competition. One beneficial fact will be that it will add a State to the SEC group but I don't know how much it will add to the SEC TV market.

I assume the UT network will be added to the SEC network, so that would give the conference one more outlet but will it add viewers?

Because it dilutes the league.

We will be up to 16 games and they are considering a quad deal which will be necessary to mix up the competition. One beneficial fact will be that it will add a State to the SEC group but I don't know how much it will add to the SEC TV market.

I assume the UT network will be added to the SEC network, so that would give the conference one more outlet but will it add viewers?
It will add to the competition though- have they mentioned what the divisions will look like when they come to the SEC?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
UCF smoked Florida. You forgot.

we were talking basketball tho and my clear point our additions are better than most sec basketball programs

yes football will take a step back. But KU is a basketball school. I pay attention but barely in the fall. Basketball is the #2 sport globally while football is going to die in the coming decades as younger kids aren’t playing it like they used to. Facts.
I am glad to know that. I am calling the SEC office and tell them to dump the billions that they get in football.

Why do SEC fans keep saying that it won’t improve football? Oklahoma is a top 5 program all time and even though Texas has been mediocre lately, they’re top 10. How does that not improve the conference?
It will improve or strengthen CFB in the SEC. Those two are top shelf programs.

This from the king of spin in favor of Kansas and the big 12. Big 12 going to survive when it’s basically a mid major here in a few years? Y’all will be behind the big east at that point
Tell us you know nothing about college basketball some more. The new big 12 will be stronger than the old. And everyone knows how tough it is at the moment.

Tell us you know nothing about college basketball some more. The new big 12 will be stronger than the old. And everyone knows how tough it is at the moment.
i don't know about that...losing ou and texas hurts...not so much this season but on average it hurts...none of the guys coming in are as consistent as they are over the decades though certianly Cinci has a better history. I think the big 12 takes a step back but that is ok, there needs to be a brether or two on the schdule...now it can be more like the sec...some top teams and some easy W's, right now, there is not any easy W's...this year at least. Big 12 will be fine, but I don't believe it is improved as a conference, on the filed, on the court, in public perception or in the pocket book. I don't really care about the pocket book but I know some really cheer lead stuff like that

i don't know about that...losing ou and texas hurts...not so much this season but on average it hurts...none of the guys coming in are as consistent as they are over the decades though certianly Cinci has a better history. I think the big 12 takes a step back but that is ok, there needs to be a brether or two on the schdule...now it can be more like the sec...some top teams and some easy W's, right now, there is not any easy W's...this year at least. Big 12 will be fine, but I don't believe it is improved as a conference, on the filed, on the court, in public perception or in the pocket book. I don't really care about the pocket book but I know some really cheer lead stuff like that
I think Houston and byu are solid programs. Cinci will be pretty good too. Just my opinion but I think it'll make the league a little more competitive. It might not and I could be completely wrong and those teams fold from playing better teams. It should be fun.

• Wow
Elite 8

zags
Tech
Illinois
Kentucky
Arizona
KU
Baylor
Tennessee

final 4

xags
Kentucky
Zona
Baylor

zags vs Baylor rematch and Few finally gets it done

however….Kentucky won’t end up on zag’s side in final brackets and I have zags and Kentucky playing for it all. Zags win

They may have but I have not seen them.
I don't think anything is official. I've read a lot of hypotheticals which include 2 divisions or 4 pods.

I kind of like this.

E62U5XfWEAkGLYh.jpg

• Love
I never get suckered into these "what ifs". Let me see a real bracket and then we can talk.

I think Houston and byu are solid programs. Cinci will be pretty good too. Just my opinion but I think it'll make the league a little more competitive. It might not and I could be completely wrong and those teams fold from playing better teams. It should be fun.

Basketball 100000% takes a step up. UCF sucks but we’re adding 3 great bball teams and losing 2 who couldn’t care less and are very volatile programs.

football step down. Bottom line. It’s a crushing blow for football and I’m pissed at OU for following the toxicity that is texas as they didn’t need to - the most toxic program in all of sports. We could have added a Nebraska I bet along with the new 4 and just have let go of Texas in 2010. Sec fans are delusional if they think they won’t try to ruin your league as well. The old big 12 was stronger than the sec was before 2011 alignment. And they found a way still. It’s coming sec fans. I promise you. They don’t care about anyone but themselves and I can’t wait for Greg Sanke to start popping that xanex and Zoloft come 2026.

back to the big 12……

cincy still early with new coach for bball but they’re going to be very good for years ahead. Similar program historically to louisVille. Almost a blue blood but that next tier down with Syracuse, UConn, Indiana, Michigan state, etc.

Cincy an incredible addition for both sports with Luke Fickel locked in there. He’ll keep Cincy top 20. They’ll get a new stadium and more fan base as a result.

Houston both sports are rolling. Tillman Fertita down there will spend money like crazy on Houston now. He’s their T Boone Pickens and has been waiting for the big 12 move to unleash his resources. Facts.

UCF brings Florida recruiting and a great football. Largest school and alumni base in the country and they will build a new 60-80k seat stadium there in Orlando in the next 5 years once they get their big 12 money. Their current stadium needs to go but they rock that place.

BYU brings a global revenue producer and good sports

Basketball 100000% takes a step up. UCF sucks but we’re adding 3 great bball teams and losing 2 who couldn’t care less and are very volatile programs.

football step down. Bottom line. It’s a crushing blow for football and I’m pissed at OU for following the toxicity that is texas as they didn’t need to - the most toxic program in all of sports. We could have added a Nebraska I bet along with the new 4 and just have let go of Texas in 2010. Sec fans are delusional if they think they won’t try to ruin your league as well. The old big 12 was stronger than the sec was before 2011 alignment. And they found a way still. It’s coming sec fans. I promise you. They don’t care about anyone but themselves and I can’t wait for Greg Sanke to start popping that xanex and Zoloft come 2026.

back to the big 12……

cincy still early with new coach for bball but they’re going to be very good for years ahead. Similar program historically to louisVille. Almost a blue blood but that next tier down with Syracuse, UConn, Indiana, Michigan state, etc.

Cincy an incredible addition for both sports with Luke Fickel locked in there. He’ll keep Cincy top 20. They’ll get a new stadium and more fan base as a result.

Houston both sports are rolling. Tillman Fertita down there will spend money like crazy on Houston now. He’s their T Boone Pickens and has been waiting for the big 12 move to unleash his resources. Facts.

UCF brings Florida recruiting and a great football. Largest school and alumni base in the country and they will build a new 60-80k seat stadium there in Orlando in the next 5 years once they get their big 12 money. Their current stadium needs to go but they rock that place.

BYU brings a global revenue producer and good sports
It's funny that the Big 12 is literally going to be bringing in a team that will immediately have the highest TV ratings in the Conference. BYU ratings are better than all BIG 12 teams except OU and Texas. Great addition

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT