ADVERTISEMENT

My elite 8 to final four to champ based on Lunardi today

OU and Texas could care less about bball. It’s like Bama, LSU and Georgia with basketball. Texas cares way more about their baseball program than bball.

and actually basketball will take a step up adding Cincy, Houston and byu.

Cincy last 20 years and historical/tradition > texas or ou easily

Houston with Sampson > everyone in the current big 12 except Baylor and KU and maybe tech

BYU is actually more consistent than both. Texas and OU both will have 14-20 seasons sometimes. BYU usually is at least like 20-10. However I’d rather have Ou or Texas over BYU for bball still.
Football pays for your basketball programs though and the big 12 is losing its cash cows

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
OU and Texas could care less about bball. It’s like Bama, LSU and Georgia with basketball. Texas cares way more about their baseball program than bball.

Houston with Sampson > everyone in the current big 12 except Baylor and KU and maybe tech

BYU is actually more consistent than both. Texas and OU both will have 14-20 seasons sometimes. BYU usually is at least like 20-10. However I’d rather have Ou or Texas over BYU for bball still.
Speaking of UGA not caring.

I think the question is will the $ dry up? Will these Head Coaches we list today still be around in 3-5 years? Or even next year? Some dominoes drop every year. I know we're into another topic completely now.

I'm not going to pretend to know the impact of all the realignment.

The old Big East had to fold but that was probably about football.

That pick of not having auburn there is solely because I rustled the OP to oblivion. Kansas fans have been butthurt over auburn since the beat down in the ncaa tourney. Of course he has an average Kansas squad there
Dude no Kansas fan cares about Auburn or that game. That KU team was absolute trash just like last year lol
Congrats on beating them.

you guys have a good team this year. Act like it.

Dude no Kansas fan cares about Auburn or that game. That KU team was absolute trash just like last year lol
Congrats on beating them.

you guys have a good team this year. Act like it.

Pretty funny that someone who trashes KU’s program daily also continuously brags about beating one of their weakest teams of the modern era 3 years ago. 🤣

We’re not talking about a Northern Iowa situation here. No one expected to go far and no one cares now.

If someone that isn't a psychopath could take that job and keep kids home, they'd have a decent squad every year. Georgia being bad at basketball has never made sense to me. They could recruit Atlanta and be fine.
They need someone that can assess talent and recruit. The state of Georgia is loaded with talent. They would be unstoppable then.

Baylor is close to a lock to be a #1 Seed unless they slip up in the 1st round of the Big 12 tournament. Their resume is absolutely stacked.

If KU wins the Big 12 tournament, they'll get the last 1 Seed unless Auburn wins the SECT imo.

UK gets the last 1 Seed if KU if they win the SECT and KU loses before the Big 12 tournament final.
Sure UK is going to automatically win the SEC Tourney.

If the seeds hold true Kentucky would have to beat Alabama for a third time, Tennessee a second time and Auburn. That should be a cake walk for Kentucky.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Sure UK is going to automatically win the SEC Tourney.

If the seeds hold true Kentucky would have to beat Alabama for a third time, Tennessee a second time and Auburn. That should be a cake walk for Kentucky.
3411aa64-3ba4-4e57-90a1-a56c99ee305a_text.gif

Bama, LSU and Georgia don't care about basketball?

Without getting into the deep weeds I suggest that Bama and LSU has better basketball programs than Cincinnati and Houston. BYU has a good following but they have never done much in basketball.

The loss of Oklahoma and Texas will set the Big12 back big time. Football for many conferences brings in the big bucks. Will Cincinnati, Houston and BYU bring in a similar amount? (Doubt it big time.) When I lived in Houston and my son attended the school they could not draw much at all. I would bet that they can't draw half what Texas does. Houston only seats 40,000. Basketball they draw 6 or 7,000. Texas can seat 16,000, right? It is hard to find what they sell.

Anyway I think losing Oklahoma and Texas will hurt the Big12 dearly.

Without getting into the deep weeds I suggest that Bama and LSU has better basketball programs than Cincinnati and Houston. BYU has a good following but they have never done much in basketball.

The loss of Oklahoma and Texas will set the Big12 back big time. Football for many conferences brings in the big bucks. Will Cincinnati, Houston and BYU bring in a similar amount? (Doubt it big time.) When I lived in Houston and my son attended the school they could not draw much at all. I would bet that they can't draw half what Texas does. Houston only seats 40,000. Basketball they draw 6 or 7,000. Texas can seat 16,000, right? It is hard to find what they sell.

Alabama's been mediocre at best outside of one Sweet 16. And Houston went to the Final Four in the same year. Alabama might be building something, but Houston's accomplished way more the last several years.

I don't know much about Cincinnati's current coach and he's off to a mediocre start, but they're a great program historically. According to dukedevilz's rankings, they're #13 all time, ahead of Syracuse, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgetown, etc.

Pretty funny that someone who trashes KU’s program daily also continuously brags about beating one of their weakest teams of the modern era 3 years ago. 🤣

We’re not talking about a Northern Iowa situation here. No one expected to go far and no one cares now.

It is pretty funny. I mean, Kansas was a 4 seed, which is the LOWEST seed they've been this century.

They were seeded higher then Auburn in that tourney

Are you really going to brag about a 4/5 upset? Auburn had won 8 in a row. Kansas had lost 3 of their lost 8. I took Auburn in every bracket I filled out - without hesitation.

BYU is interesting. Any real BYU fan will tell you that their time in the WCC was a complete failure. Their last season in the MWC, they were a 3 seed and Jimmer was winning the Player of the year. They never won a regular season or tournament while in the WCC. Completely underperformed.

Still too bad the 2020 tournament was cancelled. That BYU team was very very good.

Football pays for your basketball programs though and the big 12 is losing its cash cows
KU doesn’t need them bc if our basketball revenue. The other schools yes.

Texas can suck it for life and so can the sec. hope u guys fall flat in on your face taking in the toxicity that is Texas. Trust me they’ll find a way to screw it up. History repeats,,,

Anyway I think losing Oklahoma and Texas will hurt the Big12 dearly.

lsu and Bama bball don’t hold a candle to Cincy or Houston. R u serious?????!!!!!!

Houston: 6 final fours. 2 runner ups. Just went to final four last year. Good in every decade
cincy: 6 final fours, two natties. #12 all time winning program.
Bama: zero final fours. Not in top 30 of all time winning.
LSU: 4 final fours. Not in top 50 of all time winning.

Houston has history….runner up back to back in the 80’s with phi slamma Jamma. Just went to final four last year and top 10 most of this year. They have basketball tradition. And history of success.

Cincy is top 12 all time winning bball program. LSU nor Bama anywhere near the top 20.

highly highly disagree.

ou and texas are better than LSU and Bama easily as well. Not close.

Texas can suck it for life and so can the sec. hope u guys fall flat in on your face taking in the toxicity that is Texas. Trust me they’ll find a way to screw it up. History repeats,,,
Nah. The SEC has other programs to keep them in check while the big 12 did not. Texas will be just another school. Like everyone else here

Arizona is the best team I’ve seen all year
Arizona is hard to understand. There are games where everything comes easy to them, then there are games where they unnecessarily struggle, you think they're just going to go on a run, but they don't.

The recent Colorado and USC games are good examples of this.

Colorado is unranked and has nowhere near the athletesism and they beat zona easily, then Arizona went to 16th ranked USC and jumped all over them.

When they’re on, they're fun to watch. I think they're easily FF/NT good.

Man who knows. I know for me, I watch so little of other teams play that it is dependent on which game you see. There was a time when I thought Purdue had all the pieces...about a month ago Auburn seemed like an absolute juggernaut...Kentucky walked into AFH and pantsed Kansas, Baylor, Kansas & Texas tech have all looked like final four contenders...Arizona, when rolling is a blast to watch and Gonzaga can obviously go toe to toe with any team...thing is I have seen each of those teams look extremely pedestrian as well.

They are all playing in conference now and so the scouting is good, they know what each other are trying to do etc...but that will be different in the dance...especially the second games of the weekend where you only have a day to work on gameplan/etc.

it is fun to talk about but none of us will win our bracket pools, we know too damn much...it will be someone's kid or WAGs that just picked based off mascot or color.
Yup, those of us that watch cbb all season usually suck at doing brackets. It’s unreal how some teams look really good in conference play, then get beat by, what you thought, was an average team in the NCAAT.

There was one year where we did a pool at work, we let the wives put 1 sheet in, me and one other guy cheated and put 3 brackets in and we still lost. Both of our wives beat our asses with 1 sheet each.

We still haven't told them we cheated.

Texas was able to swell up and act like a bully in the BIG12. That ain't gonna fly in the SEC, they're going to get put in their place real quick.

lsu and Bama bball don’t hold a candle to Cincy or Houston. R u serious?????!!!!!!

Houston: 6 final fours. 2 runner ups. Just went to final four last year. Good in every decade
cincy: 6 final fours, two natties. #12 all time winning program.
Bama: zero final fours. Not in top 30 of all time winning.
LSU: 4 final fours. Not in top 50 of all time winning.

Houston has history….runner up back to back in the 80’s with phi slamma Jamma. Just went to final four last year and top 10 most of this year. They have basketball tradition. And history of success.

Cincy is top 12 all time winning bball program. LSU nor Bama anywhere near the top 20.

highly highly disagree.

ou and texas are better than LSU and Bama easily as well. Not close.
I was serious.

OU and Texas are better basketball schools than LSU and Bama so they may improve the SEC in basketball. I am glad to hear that.

It sure as hell ain't going to improve SEC football.

And I am glad your Big 8 is going to get Cincinnati, BYU and Houston. They are going to make the Big 11 better. Ask Cincinnati how they liked playing Alabama? Ask BYU how they liked playing UAB? And 12-1 Houston played 6-6 Auburn in a bowl game and won by the impressive score of 17-13. Ask them if the 6th best team in the SEC west was the best damned team that they played all year? It was.

I was serious.

OU and Texas are better basketball schools than LSU and Bama so they may improve the SEC in basketball. I am glad to hear that.

And I am glad your Big 8 is going to get Cincinnati, BYU and Houston. They are going to make the Big 11 better. Ask Cincinnati how they liked playing Alabama? Ask BYU how they liked playing UAB? And 12-1 Houston played 6-6 Auburn in a bowl game and won by the impressive score of 17-13. Ask them if the 6th best team in the SEC west was the best damned team that they played all year? It was.
UCF smoked Florida. You forgot.

we were talking basketball tho and my clear point our additions are better than most sec basketball programs

yes football will take a step back. But KU is a basketball school. I pay attention but barely in the fall. Basketball is the #2 sport globally while football is going to die in the coming decades as younger kids aren’t playing it like they used to. Facts.

I was serious.

Why do SEC fans keep saying that it won’t improve football? Oklahoma is a top 5 program all time and even though Texas has been mediocre lately, they’re top 10. How does that not improve the conference?

ADVERTISEMENT