ADVERTISEMENT

Music Festivals

CO_hawk

Jul 5, 2011
Omaha
iowa.rivals.com
Anybody a regular at any? We try to go to one a year. This year is The Peach Festival in Scranton Pennsylvania.

And then Hillberry Harvest Moon Festival. In Eureka Springs Arkansas.

Been to:

Warped Tour x3 when I was younger
WE Fest Country Fest
Hodag Country Fest

Will go to soon:
County USA
Summerfest

The last festival I went to was in 2009 at ACL. I went to several that decade but I just don’t have the interest to attend those things anymore.

Raleigh has the Hopscotch Music Festival every year going on 10 years. It's all independent music and is heavily billed in terms of Indie rock acts. I have gone a couple times since 2015. But have had a bit of everything over the years. Public Enemy , The Flaming Lips , The Roots , Big Boi , Sleep , De La Soul , Mastodon , Dwight Yoakam , Erykah Badu , Gary Clark Jr , Run The Jewels ect..... Bill this year for whatever reason just isn't as strong so far. So no festival this year , but going to go see this band at New Belgium Brewing in Asheville Labor Day Weekend. Saw em at Hopscotch first and only time in 2015. If anybody enjoys really eclectic rock music check out King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard. Great Live Band!

Just attended this for a few hours:

cal-1907-forecastle3.png

Attending this in September:
BB19-Official-AdmatWeb-1.jpg

Reactions: Hank_ and CO_hawk
Outside Lands and Sasquatch are always a good time. I’ve been to Forecastle a few times as well as Pitchfork in Chicago.

I went to Lollapalooza in 2007 and 2008 and then went to Mile High Music Festival in 2008 and 2009. Saw some great bands and performances. I do wish I would have went to Bonaroo around 2004 2005ish. Now with life I don’t have the time and energy to do three days anymore.

Before I moved though Bourbon and Beyond was going to be a must. That is one of the better ones in country.

I went to Lollapalooza in 2007 and 2008

Went to the very first one and the second as well. GREAT shows, great bands, fun times. The last few festivals I have been to just arent as good now. The sets seem real short and the bands are just meh. Seems more like a cash grab in many cases anymore.

Reactions: klize17
Rock on the Range in Columbus, OH, have gone for 5 years with a group that has gone for 20 years. It's pretty awesome, especially if you like to stand back and people watch. By day 3, a lot of people are hammered, tripping balls or both.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Went to the very first one and the second as well. GREAT shows, great bands, fun times. The last few festivals I have been to just arent as good now. The sets seem real short and the bands are just meh. Seems more like a cash grab in many cases anymore.

The lineups we’re pretty amazing. Rage, Radiohead, Kanye, Pearl Jam were just a few those two years.

I live just a couple of hours away from Bonaroo but have never been. If it was a big deal when I was younger I probably would have. We almost went to The Forecastle festival because The Killers were playing but decided not to.

I used to go to Bonaroo annually, until MTV bought them out. I also got too old for all of the drugs.

I used to go to more outdoor festivals, but the only one I do regular anymore is Beale St Music Festival. I rarely buy the 3 day pass and usually just pick one.

I've been to one concert in my life, Kid Cudi at the Carrier Dome. Went cuz a friend had tickets and asked me to tag along. I thought it'd be cool to smoke weed in the Dome (it was).

Was too broke in high school and college to justify dropping the dough to go to concerts or festivals. They never really appealed to me that much. Not a big fan of large crowds.

Last edited:
Music Festival guy. Can't be tripping balls forever to EDM.

Maybe just make an adjustment and quit tripping balls?

Now there's definitely a shelf life for Warped Tour. Anyone over 30 should feel a little weird and/or embarrassed in that environment.

Wasn’t Ice T’s thing Body Count?

Body Count in da house. Evil Dick. What a fun album that was in high school.

Correct, I am old and that was a long time and many joints ago. There was a section of skin heads on the side stage where Henry Rollins was playing and he went after those dudes HARD. He threatened to jump into the crowd and mess them up. It was pretty cool. Oh, and Muzz Skillings ( bassist Living Color ) tried to pick up my wife.

I never understood the “you’re too old to go to shows thing” sorry but I’ll be going to festivals and shows the rest of my life while you snooze in your recliner. No one forces you to take drugs at a music festival, plus EDM? Yikes.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You guys know different "musical festival guy" than I do.
It's a musical festival where many bands play on many stages. I don't understand the angle where everyone is on drugs.

Even when I get older, I still enjoy the music and atmosphere. I quit drinking in public a while ago, let alone drugs, and still enjoy bands playing live.

Reactions: anon_65nwv98c2idwc
It's a musical festival where many bands play on many stages. I don't understand the angle where everyone is on drugs.

Even when I get older, I still enjoy the music and atmosphere. I quit drinking in public a while ago, let alone drugs, and still enjoy bands playing live.
Thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT