ADVERTISEMENT

Murray State

coryfly

Aug 7, 2007
This isn't sports related but did any of you guys attend Murray?

No but had a good friend that I still talk to play baseball there

My boy is considering it but for super dumb reasons but figured I would at least get some opinions on it if I could.

Reactions: PA_Panther
No, but I have found the further west you go in KY the weirder people are. They also are right next to Tennessee. So idk if that helps or hurts.

They have a 55% graduation rate, which sounds terrible but is better than most other KY schools.

My boy is considering it but for super dumb reasons

09423af857460b95e664d25aa0fe6311_w200.gif

Reactions: I am stupid

Ha, we live in Clarksville so are pretty close to Murray anyway. But, he can go to Austin Peay for free with scholarships and everything else but for Murray he is going to have to get loans for a good amount since they make you live on campus.

Anyway, he is my stepson and his father has a lake house that is even closer and he wants to go to Murray because he can live in the lake house by himself. He is a big outdoorsman and the duck hunting around there is pretty good so he wants to party it up by himself and hunt and all that whenever he wants. I get it but I think it is dumb when you can go to a very similar school for free and graduate with zero debt. We have some money put aside for him he doesn't know about that he will get one day but if he chooses to go to school with loans that's on him. That's a lot of debt when you graduate that is unnecessary.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
My boy is considering it but for super dumb reasons but figured I would at least get some opinions on it if I could.
that's cause kids are idiots. When i was his age I chose Oklahoma over Arizona State mainly because the ASU student section said vile things to Steve Kerr.

Reactions: PA_Panther
Ha, we live in Clarksville so are pretty close to Murray anyway. But, he can go to Austin Peay for free with scholarships and everything else but for Murray he is going to have to get loans for a good amount since they make you live on campus.

Anyway, he is my stepson and his father has a lake house that is even closer and he wants to go to Murray because he can live in the lake house by himself. He is a big outdoorsman and the duck hunting around there is pretty good so he wants to party it up by himself and hunt and all that whenever he wants. I get it but I think it is dumb when you can go to a very similar school for free and graduate with zero debt. We have some money put aside for him he doesn't know about that he will get one day but if he chooses to go to school with loans that's on him. That's a lot of debt when you graduate that is unnecessary.
Is he too old for the switch?

Murray State is a decent school. Town is more tolerable since it is no longer dry. If he's going there to live at the lake, duck hunt and party he won't accumulate much loan debt because he'll only last two years at best. No matter where the house is on the lake it's a heck of a commute to campus.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Murray State is a decent school. Town is more tolerable since it is no longer dry. If he's going there to live at the lake, duck hunt and party he won't accumulate much loan debt because he'll only last two years at best. No matter where the house is on the lake it's a heck of a commute to campus.

Yeah, it's still a drive. The house is right across from Paris Landing somewhere. It's just an hour or so closer than our house. But this dude can't barely get up on his own to go to HS so he certainly won't handle pure autonomy well when there is no one there to help him. He does like working though and never had trouble getting up last year when we had him work at a lumber yard. It's just everything else.

This isn't sports related but did any of you guys attend Murray?
My daughter graduated from MSU, and works there now, she is in the department that reviews applications.
Murry is a small community, not far from Kentucky Lake. I live in the Kentucky Lake area.
It is on the border of Tennesse, but only ignorant people would bring that up into the conversation.
Anyway, best wishes for your son. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
My daughter graduated from MSU, and works there now, she is in the department that reviews applications.
Murry is a small community, not far from Kentucky Lake. I live in the Kentucky Lake area.
It is on the border of Tennesse, but only ignorant people would bring that up into the conversation.
Anyway, best wishes for your son. 😉

Well maybe I could get you to tell her to simply take away his scholarships or fix it where he actually wasn't accepted. That would take care of things nicely.

Also, if the lake house is within, I think 50 miles, and that will be his residence, he will not be required to live on campus.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT