ADVERTISEMENT

Murray State question

Noahtogo24

Jan 6, 2015
28-2 overall, 18-0 in conference play- are they locked for the NCAA Tourney even if they don't win their conference tourney??

They are in as a likely 9 seed. Doubt they will lose as they have beaten all those teams. It's possible they could fall to a worse seed but IMO they are locked in.

Alma mater survived a scare. They can play with alot of P5 teams. Have one of the better bigs in the nation, play great D. Just hope they can get off that 8/9 line hell id rather be an 11 or 12

They sodomized Belmont (62nd in the NET) the other night. I seriously, seriously doubt they don't win the OVC. But yes, per chance they do lose, they're still in the tournament. Absolutely.

I saw an Appalachian State practice a decade or so ago. By the way Matt McMahon (current Murray State head coach) was handling things, I could have sworn he was the head coach. Dude was on top of it. And the players seemed much more attentive to him than anyone else.

Buzz Peterson was the actual coach. Buzz left to go to UNCW and App ended up giving the head coaching gig to Jason Capel, who had been there only a year as an assistant (McMahon was in his 8th season as an assistant). Anyway, thought it was a HORRIBLE decision by App State, McMahon was the man for the job. But, he's getting the last laugh now. He'll be coaching a P6 school soon.

They sodomized Belmont (62nd in the NET) the other night. I seriously, seriously doubt they don't win the OVC. But yes, per chance they do lose, they're still in the tournament. Absolutely.

I saw an Appalachian State practice a decade or so ago. By the way Matt McMahon (current Murray State head coach) was handling things, I could have sworn he was the head coach. Dude was on top of it. And the players seemed much more attentive to him than anyone else.

Buzz Peterson was the actual coach. Buzz left to go to UNCW and App ended up giving the head coaching gig to Jason Capel, who had been there only a year as an assistant (McMahon was in his 8th season as an assistant). Anyway, thought it was a HORRIBLE decision by App State, McMahon was the man for the job. But, he's getting the last laugh now. He'll be coaching a P6 school soon.
They had to come back from a dozen down with 6 minutes left at Southeast Missouri State yesterday. They've had a lot of blowout wins, but they've also had a handful of nail-biters in OVC play.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT