ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Basketball

MGC_07

Jun 29, 2016
Won Mr. Basketball in your state?

Michigan: Foster Loyer, Michigan State commit, point guard

Not sure who won it in WV, but Jordan McCabe won it in Wisconsin. And he plays like an old WV guy, Jason Williams.

White Chocolate 2.0.... Can't wait to get him to Morgantown.

Trevon Faulkner, the 2nd Mr. Basketball in the past 3 years to commit to Northern Kentucky University.

Not sure who won it in WV, but Jordan McCabe won it in Wisconsin. And he plays like an old WV guy, Jason Williams.

White Chocolate 2.0.... Can't wait to get him to Morgantown.

If you like sloppy play at times and mind-numbing turnovers, McCabe's your guy. Not sure how he'll defend high major guards either.

Reactions: WheelerG
I'm going to assume Robinson-Earl will win Kansas POTY as a junior.

If you like sloppy play at times and mind-numbing turnovers, McCabe's your guy. Not sure how he'll defend high major guards either.

Huggs will get him to guard and I'm sure he'll cut back on the and 1 mix tape type plays.

Trevon Faulkner, the 2nd Mr. Basketball in the past 3 years to commit to Northern Kentucky University.

But as for the Kentucky Gatorade Player of the Year, I can’t remember his name, but you’ll get to hear all about him in an Iowa/B1G thread longform soon enough.

Indiana's has not been awarded yet, but it wasn't a competition this year.

Romeo Langford
Yeah, he's so far out in front that I don't think committing to Vanderbilt will keep him from winning the award.

So he might as well go ahead and commit. :cool:

Reactions: KisteK

Well then he will be benched. He doesn't fit Huggins style..kind of surprised he chose to come to WVU.

Huggs will get him to guard and I'm sure he'll cut back on the and 1 mix tape type plays.

Either that or he’ll frustrate the hell out of you. Makes some great plays but needs to learn to just make the simple play. I think the defensive end will be the main issue though.

Yeah, he's so far out in front that I don't think committing to Vanderbilt will keep him from winning the award.

So he might as well go ahead and commit. :cool:

Worst theory out there. Not committing to IU didn't stop this group from getting the award when committing to their schools in the fall.

Tyler Zeller
Deshaun Thomas
Gary Harris
Zak Irvin
Trey Lyles
Kyle Guy
Kris Wilkes

Worst theory out there. Not committing to IU didn't stop this group from getting the award when committing to their schools in the fall.

Tyler Zeller
Deshaun Thomas
Gary Harris
Zak Irvin
Trey Lyles
Kyle Guy
Kris Wilkes
Agreed. Just ribbing you.

Although I think 20-25 years ago, there was a modicum of truth to it. With IU having the best journalism school in the state, the media portion of the voting was dominated by IU grads. With the transient nature of the job market now, I think the effect of that is much less prevalent.

Last edited:
Reactions: klize17
Agreed. Just ribbing you.

Although I think 20-25 years ago, there was a modicum of truth to it. With IU having the best journalism school in the state, the media portion of the voting was dominated by IU grads. With the transient nature of the job market now, I think the effect of that is much less prevalent.
Like when Alan Henderson beat out Glen Robinson? Loved Alan Henderson, and especially for the Hoosiers, but the Big Dog was the best player in the state that year.

Reactions: WheelerG
Does Izzo ever run 2pg sets? Sucks that he plays he same position as your best returning player. Your struggles are 2-4 and maybe 5.
He has run some 2 PG sets, but the issue is neither of them are taller than 6’1.

Xavier Tillman at the 5 I am not at all worried about. He has looked like the best center on the team in the back half of the season. I am expecting big things out oh him next season.

I think the best thing for MSU next year is if at least of the Freshman starts. We don’t really have a 3, so if Aaron Henry or (my vote) Gabe Brown (who IMO will be the best player out of the class) is good we can start. Also maybe if Marcus Bingham can be better than Kenny Goins, that would be good.

Never heard this guy but damn is he angry at Izzo (starts at about the 2 minute mark).

Indiana's has not been awarded yet, but it wasn't a competition this year.

Romeo Langford
Yeah if he doesn't win it, there needs to be an investigation. MOF, if he doesn't get at least 90% of the voting, there needs to be one. Reminds me of Damon Bailey's senior year. Foregone conclusion.

We have 5 different ones for different classes. Darius Garland is the only one I have heard of.

Do they usually wait until a D1 champ is crowned to vote and/or announce? Still don't know in Ohio yet. The kid at the school where my kids go is supposed to be in the running - Sincere Carry. Has the team in first ever semifinal trip.

Not a D1 recruit, but daughter a cheerleader so have seen most of their games. Cannot see how this kid is not better than Dakich at OSU.

Do they usually wait until a D1 champ is crowned to vote and/or announce? Still don't know in Ohio yet. The kid at the school where my kids go is supposed to be in the running - Sincere Carry. Has the team in first ever semifinal trip.

Not a D1 recruit, but daughter a cheerleader so have seen most of their games. Cannot see how this kid is not better than Dakich at OSU.
Not sure if it has been announced or not but I'm hearing Dane Goodwin (headed to ND) is the leader in the clubhouse for it this year.

Not sure if it has been announced or not but I'm hearing Dane Goodwin (headed to ND) is the leader in the clubhouse for it this year.
That's the name I have heard as well. Does their performance in the playoffs still count?

Not sure they've announced it but some kid named Zion Williamson if I had to guess?

We have 5 different ones for different classes. Darius Garland is the only one I have heard of.
I am sooooo glad Indiana hasn't done this. Already ruined the greatest HS tournament ever.

I have no issues with the divisions for competition. I think there should be only one Mr. Tennessee though.

ADVERTISEMENT