ADVERTISEMENT

Most wins against ranked opponents in the last decade.

Well that's just because they like to throw Oklahoma, Kansas St, Iowa St and Texes in the top 25 every now and then so it looks like Kansas plays in a tough conference.

Baylor at number 4 eating those same cupcakes.

Well that's just because they like to throw Oklahoma, Kansas St, Iowa St and Texes in the top 25 every now and then so it looks like Kansas plays in a tough conference.

Baylor at number 4 eating those same cupcakes.
It does help we have fellow connie members in the top 25. Baylors title run probably helped them.

What span is this covering? 2012-2021 is the last 10 seasons.

Is this 2010 to 2019 the previous decade.

Would be more interested in seeing KenPom winning percentage in the last 10 seasons against top 25 teams.

Reactions: KisteK
What span is this covering? 2012-2021 is the last 10 seasons.

Is this 2010 to 2019 the previous decade.

Would be more interested in seeing KenPom winning percentage in the last 10 seasons against top 25 teams.
Last 10 seasons.

Impossible. I’ve been told that the Big 12 is on par with the Missouri Valley.

What about total games played against Top 25 opponents? Also Top 25 at the time the game was played, or by the teams' final rankings? AP Top 25?

What about total games played against Top 25 opponents? Also Top 25 at the time the game was played, or by the teams' final rankings? AP Top 25?
That was my same thought. Top 25 when the game was played is not the same as Top 25 in the final rankings. UK was ranked in the top 10 at the beginning of last season and 20th when they lost to Kansas. Anyone with eyes could tell that was not a Top 25 team.

That was my same thought. Top 25 when the game was played is not the same as Top 25 in the final rankings. UK was ranked in the top 10 at the beginning of last season and 20th when they lost to Kansas. Anyone with eyes could tell that was not a Top 25 team.
Im not sure it matters b/c every team would have some of each. (teams they beat unranked but finished ranked and teams that they beat while ranked that finished unranked).

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Im not sure it matters b/c every team would have some of each. (teams they beat unranked but finished ranked and teams that they beat while ranked that finished unranked).
Yeah, I am sure it mostly evens out. Surprised Nova has that many. I would guess most of theirs are from tourney runs.

Yeah, I am sure it mostly evens out. Surprised Nova has that many. I would guess most of theirs are from tourney runs.
Likely over a large enough sample. I just recall a lot of people clinging to Tubby citing things like blowing out #1 Florida, but Florida ended up having a terrible season so it was misleading.

Lol, I love when teams boast like the most wins vs. “ranked teams” in the nation in March, and half those teams are now headed for the NIT.

UVA probly has about 15 against us alone, just not too positive on how many of those we were ranked in.

Regardless they beat us twice a year like clockwork. Bennets record vs us might be better than Cals.

• Love
Reactions: jhmossy
UVA probly has about 15 against us alone, just not too positive on how many of those we were ranked in.

Regardless they beat us twice a year like clockwork. Bennets record vs us might be better than Cals.
2-11 vs Bennett
2-11 vs Cal (would've been 3-11 but of course that win from the "championship" season has been scratched from the record books. :cool: )

Lol, I love when teams boast like the most wins vs. “ranked teams” in the nation in March, and half those teams are now headed for the NIT.
I mean, somebody has to have the most. I'd say it means we've played some pretty exciting games. It would be nice to see the total number of ranked games played and how the W/L record looked. I know the hawks have played some very difficult schedules in the last decade---It no fun to squeek out some wins against ranked nevada, bucknell, smaller mid majors b/c while you know they are GD good, you get very little credit for the win and a bunch of sh*t for losing.

2-11 vs Bennett
2-11 vs Cal (would've been 3-11 but of course that win from the "championship" season has been scratched from the record books. :cool: )
I was just looking this up. As soon as he said, "better than Cal", I had to find out.

I said “might be” in my defense i didnt know the numbers. I just knew both owned us.

Close, regardless of how you wanna view 2013. But if ur not gonna give UL the win bc its vacated, might as well give uk the win as a forfeit.

I obv have a diff opinion on that, but my opinion doesnt mean anything.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT