ADVERTISEMENT

Most road wins vs. ranked opponent since 2010-2011

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
Pretty much all the teams I expected

iq0mbbk1srf31.jpg

Wait, what. UNc is not on the list and Duke is #2? That has to be wrong. Just ask UNc fans.

I think the most impressive team there is Cincinnati who had to get their wins with much less opportunities than the rest of the teams up there.

I think the most impressive team there is Cincinnati who had to get their wins with much less opportunities than the rest of the teams up there.

But I doubt their list of wins is more impressive than most of the teams above them.

Reactions: Quavarius
We’ve never been a great road team under Cal. Too many underclassmen. Not making an excuse, that’s just a fact.

I do believe we have the best home winning percentage since he’s been here, though.

Duke has had just as many underclassmen as well in a much tougher conference. It’s an interesting stat though, because it’s hard winning on the road and it’s hard beating ranked opponents on the road!

Duke has had just as many underclassmen as well in a much tougher conference. It’s an interesting stat though, because it’s hard winning on the road and it’s hard beating ranked opponents on the road!
I would assume Duke has had more chances to win ranked road games. Also, I can’t name any Duke OAD until 2015. Maybe one. So I don’t think you guys have had nearly the turnover we have in this span

I would assume Duke has had more chances to win ranked road games. Also, I can’t name any Duke OAD until 2015. Maybe one. So I don’t think you guys have had nearly the turnover we have in this span

Bingo to your first sentence. The strength of our conference do afford us more opportunities to win, but also to lose with the many underclassmen that we have had. Kyrie, Austin Rivers, Jabari Parker were before 2015. Also, we have more wins than UVA, who always sport experienced teams. So, yeah UK has had more OAD’s, but Duke isn’t that far behind.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Was surprised Villanova was not on there so went back and looked at all their scores. They came in just short at 9 road wins and a heck of a lot of neutral court ones.

Not averaging at least one ranked road win per yr is a weeeeeee but weak.

Luol Deng

I bet most of Virginia's road wins have come in the last 4 or 5 years

They have. I think we only had one ranked road win from 2010-2013. We've been absolutely dominant the last six years.

Looked up Georgetown's 11:

10-11:
@ #16 Memphis
@#8 Villanova
@#12 Syracuse

11-12
@#12 Alabama
@#4 Louisville

12-13
@#24 ND
@#8 Syracuse

14-15
@#24 Butler

15-16
@#7 Xavier

16-17
@#21 Butler

18-19
@#16 Marquette

Would have an extra one if they counted our game vs. Missouri in Kansas City in 10-11 when they were #9.

ADVERTISEMENT