ADVERTISEMENT

Most Impactful Point Guard in 2021-22?

Who will be the most impactful point guard in 2021-22?

• Total voters

These are the 5 best point guards? They're all fine players, but I don't consider any of them a serious All-American candidate, outside of Gillespie.

Alondes Williams isn't even one of the 10 semi-finalists. That was a snub. Maybe Hunter Maldonado and Kendric Davis, too - at least for the semi-finalists.

Big-time down year. Not very many dominant point guards. All the more reason why Alondes Williams should be included.
It might be a down year at the very top, but I think the field is a lot deeper than usual.

If Wheeler had any semblance of a jump shot I think he'd be right there. But alas, he's a weakness sometimes on offense. People just stay back 3 feet behind the line and there's nothing we can do about it.

Reactions: dukedevilz
To be clear this has been a great season. And whoever goes deep it don't matter if it's a down year or not. The post play is real nice this year. There are some relentless squads.

But this right here is where we're lacking, that PG spot. We just don't have high end dudes here taking games over.

Maybe somebody emerges in March but I don't see it right now.

There are plenty of dominant point guards in Non P6 conferences. Obviously weaker competition helps. But, maybe we'll see some of these guys win a game or two in the tournament.

Hunter Maldonado, Wyoming
Grant Sherfield, Nevada
Kendric Davis, SMU
Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
Mark Sears, Ohio
Jamaree Bouyea, San Francisco
Darius McGhee, Liberty
Antoine Davis, Detroit

And honestly, Nembhard isn't even the best point guard in his own league. I'm not taking Nembhard over Jamaree Bouyea. Nembhard is a better facilitator; he's clearly better in the PnR. But, Bouyea is a bonafide scorer; he's a better shooter and a better defender.

If Wheeler had any semblance of a jump shot I think he'd be right there. But alas, he's a weakness sometimes on offense. People just stay back 3 feet behind the line and there's nothing we can do about it.
He actually decent vs Arkansas though. TyTy was dreadful and Grady/Mintz were complete non factors.

How did JD Notae and Jaden Ivey not make this list? Both have been balling, those are the 2 dudes at the PG position that can take over a game by themselves and win it.

He actually decent vs Arkansas though. TyTy was dreadful and Grady/Mintz were complete non factors.
Mehhh wheeler had a couple lucky bounces that in no way affected arkys defensive gameplan. He banked in a 3 and backrimmed another jumper that dropped. I guess they all count but he wasnt exactly lighting it up.

How did JD Notae and Jaden Ivey not make this list? Both have been balling, those are the 2 dudes at the PG position that can take over a game by themselves and win it.
Hunter starts as the PU PG. Ivey is the SG I mean he does take over a game so if you wanna put him in there ok.

JD is for sure fun and might be the most exciting to watch out of all these PGs at the higher level schools. Which means they'll probably get beat early RollLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT