ADVERTISEMENT

Most Impactful Center in 2021-22

Who will be the most impactful center in 2021-22?

• Total voters
Mt. St. Marys

He was the 2nd best big on WVU's roster as a freshman and soph. Uk's talent level cant be that bad for him to be their best player.
He's stated he was depressed at WVU and didn't want to be there. That might have something to with it. Leading the nation in rebounds, and yes he can shoot. Wheeler leading the nation in assists.....

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Arguably the deepest position in college basketball. Jalen Duren is the only freshmen in my top 10. Lots of good options. Tre Mitchell (Texas, via UMass) is the only transfer. Here are the stats from this past season.

2022-Centers.png

Who will be the most impactful? This is a tough one.

Just missed: Mark Williams (Duke), Walker Kessler (Auburn), Oscar Tshiebwe (Kentucky)
Rest of the Honorable Mentions: Osun Osunniyi (St.Bonaventure), Paul Atkinson (Notre Dame), Kenneth Lofton (Louisiana Tech), Colin Castleton (Florida), John Fulkerson (Tennessee) Nate Watson (Providence), Tanner Groves (Oklahoma), Qudus Wahab (Maryland), Nick Muzynski (Belmont).
I can't argue with Trevion being in the list because of his past, but he's coming off the bench so far this season with Zack Edey starting. Edey has been a beast so far.

2 early fouls and no other stats for oscar. Tried to warn you uk fans...

This will happen a lot when the competition picks up.

10 rebounds in the second half. You and your coach were wrong. He's still crying about judging by comments made today. Congrats on losing to Marquette though

10 rebounds in the second half. You and your coach were wrong. He's still crying about judging by comments made today. Congrats on losing to Marquette though

We suck...

Kentucky sucks too. Have fun missing the toruney again. A soft ass crybaby who couldnt get the minutes he wanted at WVU is a god in lexington. Wild stuff right there.

Last edited:
We suck...

Kentucky sucks too. Have fun missing the toruney again. A soft ass crybaby who couldnt get the minutes he wanted at WVU is a god in lexington. Wild stuff right there.

Kentucky ain't missing the tournament lmao. Nobody is saying he's a god, but hey he's a good player and Huggins didn't do a good job with him. It happens. Calling Oscar a crybaby when that's what Huggins is still doing is funny though. Sure seems like he's still in your feelings even though he sucked.

Kentucky ain't missing the tournament lmao. Nobody is saying he's a god, but hey he's a good player and Huggins didn't do a good job with him. It happens. Calling Oscar a crybaby when that's what Huggins is still doing is funny though. Sure seems like he's still in your feelings even though he sucked.

Might not finish 7 games under .500 again like you did last year, but uk still sucks. Talent level has fallen so far from what cal used to bring in.

Might not finish 7 games under .500 again like you did last year, but uk still sucks. Talent level has fallen so far from what cal used to bring in.

I would deflect if I were you too. You talked so much shit about Oscar only for him to immediately go to a new team and be awesome. Almost like Huggins was the issue.

I would deflect if I were you too. You talked so much shit about Oscar only for him to immediately go to a new team and be awesome. Almost like Huggins was the issue.
Its not deflecting. Just facts... Uk was horrible last year and you suck again this year.

He scored 0 points against ohio u. Awesome.

You'll see. Tonight was just the beginning. He has no skill whatsoever. When those crazy ass uk fans turn on him he'll shut down.

He has no skill whatsoever.
If you don't watch our games then just say so. He shat all over Duke. The game before this he was like 4-5 on mid-range jumpers.

You're just sad(and big mad) that you thought WVU was getting an all-conference big, but instead is gonna accomplish that somewhere else. Coaching matters.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
If you don't watch our games then just say so. He shat all over Duke. The game before this he was like 4-5 on mid-range jumpers.

You're just sad(and big mad) that you thought WVU was getting an all-conference big, but instead is gonna accomplish that somewhere else. Coaching matters.

He was the 2nd best big on our roster, got his feelings hurt and left. Its just the truth.

Many more games like tonight are coming. Ill be here to laugh at you all when you turn on him.

This coaching stuff is hilarious. Hes only good at rebounding and he got that from natural ability and huggs. Cal has added nothing to his game.

can't argue with Trevion being in the list because of his past, but he's coming off the bench so far this season with Zack Edey starting. Edey has been a beast so far.

Trevion Williams was 1st Team All-Conference last year. Kind of impossible not to include him on the list. His Per 40 minute averages are actually up across the board. If he was playing 25 minutes a night, I think he'd be a likely All-American.

But yes, Edey has been killing it. He put everyone on notice at the U19 FIBA Championships. Wasn't really sure what to do about him, as far as projections. Obviously he has been freakishly efficient. Just not sure if he was going to get starter minutes or not. I did include Edey at #87 in my preseason 150 most impactful players coming into the season (12th among Big Ten Players).

Reactions: Boilermaker03
ADVERTISEMENT