ADVERTISEMENT

Most Impactful Center in 2021-22

Who will be the most impactful center in 2021-22?

• Total voters
I would agree that Timme will be the leading scorer. And he also has a higher floor, probably the highest floor in college basketball. Realistically, you have two legitimate NPOY candidates. Chet could easily average 4 blocks a game. And his skillset obviously isn't limited to just blocking shots. He can do a little bit of everything.

If you take Chet's U19 FIBA stats and apply those rates to 30 minutes a game, he's averaging 16.8 ppg, 8.6 reb, 4.6 ast, 3.8 blk, 2.0 stl. And he was also shooting 62% from the floor. He may not be able to maintain that production over 30 minutes, but it's clear that he's versatile enough to fill-up the box score on a nightly basis.
Do that with Edey and Ivey…

Do that with Edey and Ivey…

Edey's rebounding rate is ridiculous. Too bad you guys can't really play Trevion and Edey together. Ivey doesn't have too many flaws in his game, minus shooting from the outside.

Zach Edey: 19.2 ppg, 17.9 reb, 0.7 ast, 2.9 blk, 56% fg
Jaden Ivey: 22.4 ppg, 5.5 reb, 3.9 ast, 1.3 blk, 2.9 stl, 48.4% fg, 28.6% 3-pt

Last edited:
Reactions: VulvHa
Edey's rebounding rate is ridiculous. Too bad you guys can't really play Trevion and Edey together. Ivey doesn't really have flaws in his game, minus shooting from the outside.

For perspective, Edey's OR% put him at 4th in the Big Ten and his DR% 8th (if you ignore that he didn't meet the qualifiers on KenPom). Turns out being tall is a good thing.

Edey's rebounding rate is ridiculous. Too bad you guys can't really play Trevion and Edey together. Ivey doesn't have too many flaws in his game, minus shooting from the outside.

For Ivey, I dont get your math

He averaged 16.5 min. Just on points alone:

12.3 / 16.5 * 40 = 29.8

Edit: nevermind, you are doing per 30 min. I’m an idiot.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
For Ivey, I dont get your math

He averaged 16.5 min. Just on points alone:

12.3 / 16.5 * 40 = 29.8

Edit: nevermind, you are doing per 30 min. I’m an idiot.

Hah yeah, just cuz starters are more likely to play roughly 30 minutes a night.

After a grand total of 2 games feeling pretty confident you messed up leaving Oscar off like I mentioned originally. 20 rebounds in back to back games. Pretty, pretty good.

I really want to see our front court vs theirs. Would be a fun game.
Would be interesting. I think I’d favor Timme/Chet over your front court, but the back 3 of Jones, Brooks, and Houstan is better collectively than any 3 they can roll out back there.

Would be interesting. I think I’d favor Timme/Chet over your front court, but the back 3 of Jones, Brooks, and Houstan is better collectively than any 3 they can roll out back there.

They probably have the edge but Dickinson/Diabate/Johns/Houstan is probably the 2nd best front court in basketball.

Reactions: MGC_07
They probably have the edge but Dickinson/Diabate/Johns/Houstan is probably the 2nd best front court in basketball.
They’re definitely up there. The only other schools I would think could compete would be like Purdue or Duke. You can Duke might be close with Banchero/Williams combo, but you guys have better depth at those positions.

After a grand total of 2 games feeling pretty confident you messed up leaving Oscar off like I mentioned originally. 20 rebounds in back to back games. Pretty, pretty good.

He terrorizes the glass. I'd say he's earned his spot as a top 10 center.

To be fair, I posted this in September. In my preseason top 150 players, I actually have him ranked higher (33rd overall) than Armando Bacot, Jalen Duren, and Tre Mitchell.

They’re definitely up there. The only other schools I would think could compete would be like Purdue or Duke. You can Duke might be close with Banchero/Williams combo, but you guys have better depth at those positions.

Auburn has a dynamic duo starting in the frontcourt that is as good as any

Reactions: olsonab and MGC_07
No disrespect to OT bc He has played well but the convo shoukd start and end with timme. Unless yall are considering him a PF

No disrespect to OT bc He has played well but the convo shoukd start and end with timme. Unless yall are considering him a PF

There are 10 names on this list. Of course Timme is the best. My comment was referencing my first post saying Oscar should have been on the list. Duke understood what I meant.

Holmgren was almost invisible in that Zags-Texas game. I think his defense will be solid all year and he"ll be a good rim protector but his offensive game looks to still be a work in progress for a #1 high school recruit.

Holmgren was almost invisible in that Zags-Texas game. I think his defense will be solid all year and he"ll be a good rim protector but his offensive game looks to still be a work in progress for a #1 high school recruit.

I agree that he looked invisible. But, I think Timme's dominance had a lot to do with that. You can't really emerge as an offensive threat if the other starting big on your team is exposing the other team just about time he touches the ball.

I don't expect him to be a high-volume scorer, but maybe 12-14 ppg. But, I do think he'll fill up the stat sheet. He can shoot, rebound, block shots at an AD-type level, and he's also a very good passer. 13 ppg, 8 reb, 4 blocks, and 3 assists might be realistic projections for him.

Seriously... has uk's talent level dropped that much? Hard to imagine him being their star player. He couldn't get the minutes he wanted at wvu.
I don't know if he's the best, he's putting up insane numbers. It's amazing how players continue to develop and get better.

You should be happy for him. Great kid.

Reactions: doogie503
I don't know if he's the best, he's putting up insane numbers. It's amazing how players continue to develop and get better.

You should be happy for him. Great kid.

Ehh... Soft and a quitter.... as long as Cal never yells at him he will be ok.

Trust me... He'll frustrate the shit out of you eventually.

Every time Calipari talks about Tshwiebwe.

5ugfc9.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Seems pretty clear Zach Edey was the most underrated center coming into the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT