ADVERTISEMENT

More Passionate: UK Fans or the Folks That Dislike UK Fans?

All I said was a basketball school would do really well in a conference that generally only cares about football.
Don’t spin it & make it more than it is.
All I said was, you shouldn't talk about the BIG12 that way and made a point that ACC basketball is nowhere near as dominant as SEC football.

What's your point? What did I spin? Are you going to continue to act like you weren't trying to be an ass? Okay, lets play that stupid ass game.… .. again.

It's easier to stay in the top 10 when you play a weaker schedule. When you have to play LSU, then turn around and head to the swamp, then play Georgia, then head to Tennesse.… you get the point and I didn't even bring up Bama, aTm or Auburn… good luck staying in the top 25.

A&M was still in the Big 12 at that point and KU beat them on the road that year.

Oklahoma was at the top of their game, Missouri was a legit top 5 team (still the best season in their history), Texas was a good team two years removed from a national title, Tech was solid. Nebraska and Colorado were still decent programs and Oklahoma St was a program on the rise. And that’s not to mention K-State.

But sure, sure...the SEC was a devastating gauntlet and the Big 12 was cupcake city.

There’s no reasoning with SEC homers.

A&M was still in the Big 12 at that point and KU beat them on the road that year.

Oklahoma was at the top of their game, Missouri was a legit top 5 team (still the best season in their history), Texas was a good team two years removed from a national title, Tech was solid. Nebraska and Colorado were still decent programs and Oklahoma St was a program on the rise. And that’s not to mention K-State.

But sure, sure...the SEC was a devastating gauntlet and the Big 12 was cupcake city.

In other words, Kansas beat one ranked team to get to the Orange Bowl and that was #24 KSU. UK beat two top 10 teams (including #1 and eventual nation champion) the same season and 4 of their 5 losses were against top 20 teams.

Reactions: mebeblue2
In other words, Kansas beat one ranked team to get to the Orange Bowl and that was #24 KSU.

That’s not the argument. I already admitted that they had a favorable schedule and avoided OU, Texas and Tech. His argument was that the Big 12 had 4 top 10 teams because the league was weak.

I wonder why you guys never apply such logic to SEC basketball?

Reactions: uncfan in ky
That’s not the argument. I already admitted that they had a favorable schedule and avoided OU, Texas and Tech. His argument was that the Big 12 had 4 top 10 teams because the league was weak.

I wonder why you guys never apply such logic to SEC basketball?
Every time you reply to something it's always "you guys" or "UK fans." You just love to lump millions of fans from one fan base together like they are one person. Laughing

All I said was, you shouldn't talk about the BIG12 that way and made a point that ACC basketball is nowhere near as dominant as SEC football.

What's your point? What did I spin? Are you going to continue to act like you weren't trying to be an ass? Okay, lets play that stupid ass game.… .. again.
Ya because the Big 12 have so many football championships lately

Oh, so now you want to talk about 20 years ago, before it was about what UK fans have going for them right now. You're all over the place.

Oh, so now you want to talk about 20 years ago, before it was about what UK fans have going for them right now. You're all over the place.

Wtf? I was talking about the year they went to the Orange Bowl. That’s all over the place?

What is wrong with you?

Wtf? I was talking about the year they went to the Orange Bowl. That’s all over the place?

What is wrong with you?
I was talking about every year in the SEC. You compared Kansas' football success to UK's favorably and I told you if KU played in the SEC, they would never sniff an orange bowl.

I was talking about every year in the SEC. You compared Kansas' football success to UK's favorably and I told you if KU played in the SEC, they would never sniff an orange bowl.

You asked if I thought they’d have qualified for the Orange Bowl if they’d been in the SEC. The only sensible response would involve looking at the SEC that year.

The Big 12 finished that year with more top 10 teams and the same number of top 25 teams. To act like the SEC was on a completely different level is, well, the norm for you, I guess.

I’m talking to someone who thinks the SEC is a good basketball league when it has 1 or 2 ranked teams. Good luck getting you to look at football reasonably. Laughing

You asked if I thought they’d have qualified for the Orange Bowl if they’d been in the SEC. The only sensible response would involve looking at the SEC that year.

The Big 12 finished that year with more top 10 teams and the same number of top 25 teams. To act like the SEC was on a completely different level is, well, the norm for you, I guess.

I’m talking to someone who thinks the SEC is a good basketball league when it has 1 or 2 ranked teams. Good luck getting you to look at football reasonably. Laughing
You comparing the BIG12 to the SEC in football is pure comedy.

Reactions: JC for 3
This thread has gone haywire! Laughing From UK fans v. haters to baseball fandom to now a football conference dick-measuring contest!

giphy.gif

Well, I've already repeated myself about 6,000 times. One more won't hurt, I guess.

KC won the SB and is primed for a lot of success. The Royals went to back to back World Series and won one. KU won the national title and the Orange Bowl in football. And KC won the MLS title. In a little over a decade.

Put this in ur timeframes and smoke it ~

During the 2012-2013 school year Louisville won the basketball championship*, the football team won the Sugar Bowl over Florida, the baseball team made the CWS, and women’s basketball made the Final Four. OBV doesn’t match UF the year they won the basketball and football championship, but it was still a pretty amazing year for Louisville fans.

And building off that amazing success since then........it’s been nothin but shit hitting the fan from all angles lol. Well Men’s basketball and football anyway, but wbb and baseball have remained successful at least.

Last edited:
You comparing the BIG12 to the SEC in football is pure comedy.

How shocking to see this response. Laughing

Again, we're talking 2007.

Pure comedy is acting like UK faces a gauntlet every year. Looking at the last several years, you face 1-2 ranked teams in the SEC per year. Doesn't really matter how strong LSU and Alabama are if you don't play them, does it?

Reactions: Villian07

Yea but the SEC has divisions, and while u can still have a favorable schedule in the SEC in regards to who you play from the other division, there is no dodging all the big boys. And seeing how Kansas is located in the western part of the sec footprint that means Kansas would have had to play Bama/auburn/LSU plus whoever they got from the East division. Hypothetically if Kansas found themselves in the east division (switching places with UK for this arguments sake) they still would have had to play UGA/Florida/Tennessee, which is obv the weaker division, and I honestly don’t even remember if uga and tenn were any good that particular year.

But you can’t just compare the number of ranked teams in the conferences when one has divisions and the other doesn’t. UK can dodge bama/LSU/Auburn some years, but they have to play uga/Florida/tenn EVERY year. But KU like you mentioned in 07 got to dodge Oklahoma/Texas/Tech.

Disclaimer: idk why I even included Tenn, they used to be really good when Fulmer was coach with manning then tee martin, and even before that, but they have been very mediocre for a long time since then, which along with Florida hiring The guy before Mullen (mcelwain??) has made the East the weaker SEC division without a doubt. But I think the days of Florida being below average is over for the time being.

Last edited:

Pure comedy is acting like UK faces a gauntlet every year. Looking at the last several years, you face 1-2 ranked teams in the SEC per year. Doesn't really matter how strong LSU and Alabama are if you don't play them, does it?

My favorite from the past year was when one or some UK fans were downplaying our bowl win against Miss St bc the bulldogs were trash and that UKs bowl win over Vtech was far more impressive........even though Miss St had already beaten UK that year.

And the funniest part imo was UK had already stomped our ass in the governors cup last year, so you would think that would have been enough for them to realize UK had a better team than us last year, but alas they had to “trash” or downplay our bowl win as worthless as well. The fact that Satterfield was able to make a bowl game his first year, when we were 2-10 the previous year with our only wins being over Murray State and EKU, was a mini miracle itself. winning the bowl game was just a cherry on top, bc most of us figured their RB would rush for 200+ yards and 4 tds bc our run defense was so pitiful.

And it might have just been one guy I was arguing with on here I don’t really remember, nor do I remember his handle so it’s much easier to type “they” even tho I don’t mean every single UK fan Winking

Last edited:
Yea but the SEC has divisions, and while u can still have a favorable schedule in the SEC in regards to who you play from the other division, there is no dodging all the big boys. And seeing how Kansas is located in the western part of the sec footprint that means Kansas would have had to play Bama/auburn/LSU plus whoever they got from the East division. Hypothetically if Kansas found themselves in the east division (switching places with UK for this arguments sake) they still would have had to play UGA/Florida/Tennessee, which is obv the weaker division, and I honestly don’t even remember if uga and tenn were any good that particular year.

But you can’t just compare the number of ranked teams in the conferences when one has divisions and the other doesn’t. UK can dodge bama/LSU/Auburn some years, but they have to play uga/Florida/tenn EVERY year. But KU like you mentioned in 07 got to dodge Oklahoma/Texas/Tech.

Disclaimer: idk why I even included Tenn, they used to be really good when Fulmer was coach with manning then tee martin, and even before that, but they have been very mediocre for a long time since then, which along with Florida hiring The guy before Mullen (mcelwain??) has made the East the weaker SEC division without a doubt. But I think the days of Florida being below average is over for the time being.

Exactly. Tennessee has had 6 losing seasons in the last decade. Florida's been up and down too over the last decade.

But even if both were consistently good, it's not as if KU doesn't consistently play good teams. They played 6 games vs ranked teams last year alone.

All these games vs ranked teams yet the last time they beat one was a decade ago. Laughing

I don't think anyone's denying the fact that KU's been pathetic over the last decade. However, Kentucky's got a pretty awful record vs ranked teams over that stretch too.

But that wasn't the point.

Reactions: Villian07
I don't think anyone's denying the fact that KU's been pathetic over the last decade. However, Kentucky's got a pretty awful record vs ranked teams over that stretch too.

But that wasn't the point.
They beat the national champion (LSU) during Kansas' Orange Bowl season, so there's that. SmokinSmile

Reactions: Scotty00
This thread has gone haywire! Laughing From UK fans v. haters to baseball fandom to now a football conference dick-measuring contest!

giphy.gif

...I think you can see who's been spinning this thread into so many subtopics. The dude deflects and diverts nearly on the same level that Della does.

Reactions: Scotty00
Exactly. Tennessee has had 6 losing seasons in the last decade. Florida's been up and down too over the last decade.

But even if both were consistently good, it's not as if KU doesn't consistently play good teams. They played 6 games vs ranked teams last year alone.

I’m not saying the Big12 is a bad football conference, Louisville plays in the acc for Christ’s sake, that’s a bad football conference sans clemson. I’m just saying the stars can’t quite align where your team can dodge all the best teams in the conference if the conference has divisions, which the big 12 does not. Also there was a period (not sure if 07 was in that timeframe) where the big12 had no conf championship game as well.

And I’m not even trying to downplay yalls orange bowl bc Louisville played in the garbage AAC the year we won the sugar bowl.

I was just agreeing that it’s unlikely KU would have Made the orange bowl in 07 if they hadn’t had such a favorable schedule, which again is far less likely in a conference with divisions. Just like it’s unlikely Louisville would have ever made the sugar bowl in 2013 without playing the favorable aac schedule, but when we got there we boot stomped #3 Florida, so hard to say we didn’t belong, same for Kansas when y’all won the orange bowl, although i don’t remember who y’all beat, but they were obv pretty damn good to even make the orange bowl.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
But as far as the big 12 goes, Obv Oklahoma is legit, Texas has been up and down lately but it’s still Texas whom always has talent, Kstate is always a tough out under Snyder, Iowa State has been solid lately, Baylor had a resurgence last year, Texas tech has had some amazing talent come through there, Oklahoma state is usually a good squad under mullet man, KU is trending upward with the hire of miles, TCU is good more often than not, WVU was stout under holgerson. They are all solid programs, and hell the 5-6th best teams in the big 12 could probably beat The 2nd best team in the ACC or Pac 12. The sec is a different animal though, I mean how many nattys did they win in a row before FSU broke the streak?

Top to bottom the big12 might be the best conf bc y’all don’t have perennial bottom feeders like
Vandy in the SEC (well unless we count Kansas if I’m being honest), but the big12s best teams haven’t been as good as the SECs best nor even the ACCs best, and we’ve seen it proven bc everytime OU gets to the playoffs they lose the first game.

But at the same time it’s also pretty telling to how good the big12 is that txam and Mizzou both won their sec division within a few years of joining the league.

Last edited:
I’m not saying the Big12 is a bad football conference, Louisville plays in the acc for Christ’s sake, that’s a bad football conference sans clemson. I’m just saying the stars can’t quite align where your team can dodge all the best teams in the conference if the conference has divisions, which the big 12 does not. Also there was a period (not sure if 07 was in that timeframe) where the big12 had no conf championship game as well.

And I’m not even trying to downplay yalls orange bowl bc Louisville played in the garbage AAC the year we won the sugar bowl.

I was just agreeing that it’s unlikely KU would have Made the orange bowl in 07 if they hadn’t had such a favorable schedule, which again is far less likely in a conference with divisions. Just like it’s unlikely Louisville would have ever made the sugar bowl in 2013 without playing the favorable aac schedule, but when we got there we boot stomped #3 Florida, so hard to say we didn’t belong, same for Kansas when y’all won the orange bowl, although i don’t remember who y’all beat, but they were obv pretty damn good to even make the orange bowl.

KU didn't dodge all the best teams. They played a Missouri team that finished in the top 5. Maybe the best team in the league that year. They also beat some decent teams on the road like A&M, Okie St, K-State and Colorado. Beat Nebraska by about 40. Granted, that Nebraska defense was putrid. I think that KU team would have been outclassed by 2-3 teams in the nation but could have played with everyone else.

Kentucky has had some similar years in which the schedule aligned well and Georgia was the only ranked team they faced or something similar.

Very true about Kentucky, when tenn and Florida were down. The East has been the inferior division imo since the days of Tebow.

Those are impressive wins in the road. Granted I don’t really remember how good those teams were in 07. And I mean your right you didn’t dodge Missouri, but you lost the game, that was my mistake. Still 12-1 is good season in any P5 conference, regardless of who you dodge.

Very true about Kentucky, when tenn and Florida were down. The East has been the inferior division imo since the days of Tebow.

Those are impressive wins in the road. Granted I don’t really remember how good those teams were in 07. And I mean your right you didn’t dodge Missouri, but you lost the game, that was my mistake. Still 12-1 is good season in any P5 conference, regardless of who you dodge.

Yeah, they did lose to Missouri. It was basically a coin flip kind of game. Dug themselves into a hole with a couple turnovers. The annoying thing about that game is that it was supposed to be a home game in Lawrence, but the AD made a terrible deal that had them playing in Arrowhead Stadium in front of a 70% Missouri crowd, basically turning it into a road game.

Ouch yea that’s pretty stupid to play conf games at a “neutral site”. I’m assuming that was Chase Daniel and company? I really have no clue, I don’t remember Missouri being top 5 good anytime else but that’s just my memory, not saying your wrong.

And I’m not a big fan of the uga/uf series in Jax either, but I’m not a big fan of cocktails so whatever they ain’t gonna change just bc I don’t like it.

For one there’s nothing like playing on your home field I mean I don’t even have to elaborate there. secondly there’s nothing like going into someone else’s house and whipping their ass in front of their fans. Shutting them up if you will.

Last edited:

Yeah, because Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, aTm and Mississippi State are a bunch of garbage programs right?
Doesn't sound like they compare much to KSU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Okla State, Iowa State and West Virginia in your weak mind.

born and raised in Paducah Ky..... But I was as die hard a STL Cards fan as anyone that was in STL..... Hell when I met my now wife and she told me I'd have to move up here if I wanted to get serious, Being a STL Cards die hard fan made the decision very easy..

Ouch yea that’s pretty stupid to play conf games at a “neutral site”. I’m assuming that was Chase Daniel and company? I really have no clue, I don’t remember Missouri being top 5 good anytime else but that’s just my memory, not saying your wrong.

And I’m not a big fan of the uga/uf series in Jax either, but I’m not a big fan of cocktails so whatever they ain’t gonna change just bc I don’t like it.

For one there’s nothing like playing on your home field I mean I don’t even have to elaborate there. secondly there’s nothing like going into someone else’s house and whipping their ass in front of their fans. Shutting them up if you will.

I completely agree.... I'd be livid if UK and UL went to neutral courts. When you guys beat us on our home court/field... its the worst feeling and when we beat you on your court/field its almost as fun as a title.... and thats the fun of sports....

Reactions: Villian07 and wesr

Missouri ended the year ranked 4 that season. They finished in the top 5 a few years later too.

They probably should have gotten the Orange Bowl over KU. Perkins wheeled and dealed to get KU into that game to make up for pissing people off with the Arrowhead fiasco.

Yeah, because Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, aTm and Mississippi State are a bunch of garbage programs right?
Doesn't sound like they compare much to KSU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Okla State, Iowa State and West Virginia in your weak mind.

Interesting that A&M has won more games after moving from such a vastly inferior conference.

There is a middle ground between “garbage programs” and gauntlet, in case you didn’t know.

Interesting that A&M has won more games after moving from such a vastly inferior conference.

There is a middle ground between “garbage programs” and gauntlet, in case you didn’t know.
I wasn't going to say anything but yeah, they were in a vastly inferior conference.

Untitled.png

It's kind of crazy. I'd never even respond to @MrBaracus if he didn't focus on UK so much.

Last edited:

With the exception of their first season, they've had about the same record each season that they were having in the BIG12. Basically 5 or 6 losses per season.
Now go look at the jump in their recruiting that started in 2013. Heck, in 2010, they landed zero 3, 4 or 5* recruits. Ever since they went to the SEC, their recruiting has jumped. You left that part out of your dig for some reason, but maybe you just forgot about that aspect of the sport.
I'm sure in your mind, this all just reinforces your opinion that UK is cheating though.

Reactions: mebeblue2

The SEC East has some great historical programs no doubt about it, but there was a period before Kirby Smart went to uga they were down a bit, when UF had Muschamp then Mcelwain they weren’t the Urban Meyer led gators that dominated, and Tenn wasn’t very good either(still aren’t imo), and SC wasn’t great either. During that stretch the SEC East wasn’t a very tough division. It was the same time period that Missouri went to the SEC and won the East division within a few years of getting the invite.

It’s not the norm, and things have definitely changed since then, specifically UGA got way better under smart, and UF is doing the same under Mullen. Plus UK has taken a big step forward. SC also always puts out a talented squad. The Sec East is far better now than it was during that timeframe. And I know I know cherry picking timeframes, but it’s just how it was. It’s very unlikely that all the top programs in a division are down at the same time, but it happened.

The same thing is going on currently in the ACC Coastal. Vtech, Miami, Gtech, are all respectable programs. But for the past few years they all have been down (As well as Louisville and fsu, but they are in the other division) and ACC football has taken a hit reputation wise bc of it. (except for Clemson, it benefits them to be an elite team in a cupcake conference)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT