ADVERTISEMENT

More important question, what is on your menu this weekend?

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Ok, let's get right down to the nitty gritty, what is on everyone's menu for the games?

Since I was a kid I've had a tradition of picking up some good chicken salad and cold cuts from this good deli and then making sandwiches for the games. Probably get some good dips and chips as well. Not too exciting I know, that's why I made the topic...so I can live vicariously through you guys.

So make me jealous, what do you have lined up for the games this week?

Smaller crowd Thursday so it will be something similar to yours. Friday will be a smaller than usual crowd - we are going to a bar with no kitchen that allows outside food. I think we had portillos delivered last year

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Hofstra at NC State. Just to be honest. Wife is picking up ribeyes too and I’m going to sauté some mushrooms and do up some green beans.

I don't know if I'm weird in this aspect (probably), but 98% of the time when I'm watching a game, I'm standing. Ain't got time to eat when I'm standing and coaching both teams on how to not play dysfunctional basketball.

I don't know if I'm weird in this aspect (probably), but 98% of the time when I'm watching a game, I'm standing. Ain't got time to eat when I'm standing and coaching both teams on how to not play dysfunctional basketball.

So what do you do when you're watching games all day?

So what do you do when you're watching games all day?

That doesn't really happen. I have two small kids (2 and 4), so there are frequent breaks for play-time, changing the kids, snacks and meals. I can get in a solid 2-4 hours at night. That's when I utilize the DVR services by watching games in roughly 50 minutes, frequently fast-forwarding through commercials and stoppages in the game.

Ok, let's get right down to the nitty gritty, what is on everyone's menu for the games?

Since I was a kid I've had a tradition of picking up some good chicken salad and cold cuts from this good deli and then making sandwiches for the games. Probably get some good dips and chips as well. Not too exciting I know, that's why I made the topic...so I can live vicariously through you guys.

So make me jealous, what do you have lined up for the games this week?
I have a college baseball series....Also have one the weekend of the Final Four.

I work weekends and off during the week but I’m home by 3:30. I work with bunch of Duke/UNC and a few UK fans and we got together a few times this season. I’ll be at home watching with Heinekens and wings in the crock pot.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
I’d scheduled baseball practice Thursday AND Friday night for my son’s team weeks ago, like a fvcking idiot. Thankfully, the weather looks like crap and we’ll probably cancel em. Hope, hope.

Same. Either that or I get nauseous when my team comes on. I have a problem. I know. But I just can’t physically get myself to eat when my team plays lol.

Same. Either that or I get nauseous when my team comes on. I have a problem. I know. But I just can’t physically get myself to eat when my team plays lol.

But you're watching more than just your team, right?

I get nauseous when I see IU too, so it's not just a you thing.

15151735.gif

Reactions: UNC71-00
ADVERTISEMENT