ADVERTISEMENT

Modern day Led Zepplin

Couple hours north of Detroit, in a quirky little tourist town called Frankenmuth - known for a Christmas place open 365 and really good fried chicken.

They can rock.

damn if they don't sound like one of the greatest rock bands in history.

If you mean, “they sound like a Zeppelin cover band”, then yes.

There’s been a lot of hype around these kids. If they bring back ears to the genre, I can live with it.

But, I really hope that as they age they carve out their own sound because there’s a whole lotta imitation there, but little substance.

Me like. music has evolved into mumble rap, dudes who sing falsetto 90% of the time, and pop country. I want the new wave of raconteurs, white stripes, arctic monkeys, black keys, jet and maybe more alternative like green day, sum 41, sr 71, good charlotte, etc. Seems like a big void right now thats being filled with ed sheran and endless drake tracks....in my humble opinion.

Yeah, there is NOT a lot of real rock and roll that gets play anymore.

Plus... shit, just hearing something new that sounds like Plant and Page makes me happy:)

It takes some ability to mimic them that well. But it is also a blatant rip off whether they say they mean to or not. Eventually they are gonna have to become more than a Led Zeppelin cover band to be anywhere close to popular as Led Zeppelin. Right now it's a mix of sex appeal and Led Zeppelin imitation.

Kid sounds just like Robert Plant. That's nuts. Talented kids, but they can sound exactly like Zeppelin and never find an ounce of that kind of success until their music evokes the same kinds of emotions that Led Zeppelin's did.

Didn't know they were a thing though. I might just follow them and see what they're all about! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Dattier
I think they should be cut a little slack... the lead singer just turned 19. Edit, the older brother is actually the lead singer, and a twin, who is 22.

Hopefully they can branch out a little, and develop more of their own sound

Reactions: rdgtr
It takes some ability to mimic them that well. But it is also a blatant rip off whether they say they mean to or not. Eventually they are gonna have to become more than a Led Zeppelin cover band to be anywhere close to popular as Led Zeppelin. Right now it's a mix of sex appeal and Led Zeppelin imitation.
Yeah, if you listen to early Soundgarden stuff, you can definitely hear the Sabbath/Zeppelin influence, but in their own unique style.

This band seems like they're trying too hard to be Zeppelin. Still, they obviously have a ton of talent.

Reactions: Spacegrass
A pet peeve of mine is when the lips moving in the video are clearly off from the sounds. I'm aware they are never actually signing in the video, but that still irks me.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
What do you typically listen to?

I like a lot of different music. I usually listen to rap or country but think a lot of other music is good. I'd probably be judged if I listed music that I can listen to without having to shut it off. I can enjoy anything from Bone Thugs to top 40 pop stuff. I like some creamo rock bands (Silverstein, Escape the Fate).

I really don't like older rock/metal or hippie music (Sublime), though.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
I dig em. While the singer does sound like Robert Plant, Robert has given him his blessing in interviews and said he digs the music, so who are we to complain? The music has more of a Wolfmother meets Black Crowes meets Zeppelin vibe than anything.

Either way, they get my thumbs up. I'm 34 and a musician if that counts for anything.

I like a lot of different music. I usually listen to rap or country but think a lot of other music is good. I'd probably be judged if I listed music that I can listen to without having to shut it off. I can enjoy anything from Bone Thugs to top 40 pop stuff. I like some creamo rock bands (Silverstein, Escape the Fate).

I really don't like older rock/metal or hippie music (Sublime), though.
Yeah, I bet you like creamo. Winking

I mean, they aren't a LZ cover band as they aren't covering anything. I understand they sound like Zeppelin but their music is their own. The dude just sounds like Plant. I'm not sure this should be held against him. I like their stuff a lot. I think 'Edge of Darkness' is my favorite but their stuff is solid from a rock standpoint.

Only one Led. No sub. Only one Pink Floyd. Only One Air Supply. Only one NXS. Only one Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, Roy Orberson...it is about the journey of music not just the sound alike. It is about the experience...Fat Domino, Nat King Cole, Ray Charles, ..Ben E. King. The greats. BEgining of rock..

Last edited:
Yeah, if you listen to early Soundgarden stuff, you can definitely hear the Sabbath/Zeppelin influence, but in their own unique style.

This band seems like they're trying too hard to be Zeppelin. Still, they obviously have a ton of talent.
Ton of bands have Zeppelin influence without being a carbon copy. Hell I have Zeppelin songs that other bands covered that I like better than the originals. STP "Dancing Days" and "Tool No Quarter".

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm a fan of Jerry Cantrell more than anything.
I would of preferred more Cantrell solo work than this new incarnation of AIC. The harmonies don't carry the same diversity and balance Staley and Cantrell had. But I get it , Cantrell was never gonna see a clean Staley. It went down hill quick for him with his addiction.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don't know if we can really call it ironic if it follows a well established pattern, but there's something... odd, I guess, about something counter-culture, edgy, and innovative becoming the status quo.

I would of preferred more Cantrell solo work than this new incarnation of AIC. The harmonies don't carry the same diversity and balance Staley and Cantrell had. But I get it , Cantrell was never gonna see a clean Staley. It went down hill quick for him with his addiction.

Facelift will always be one of my favorite albums. I haven't even listened to any new AIC. Without Staley it isn't Chains. I agree on Cantrell though, who is great.

Plus... shit, just hearing something new that sounds like Plant and Page makes me happy:)

What's "real" about a group of little dorks imitating Led Zeppelin?

Mainstream rock has never been worse. Millennials will destroy it altogether.

Though the singer sounds dead on plant (honestly sounds like he tries copying his style in every way possible), they'll never be Zeppelin.

Zeppelin is greatest band ever, can't stand much of modern day rock outside a very select few such as foo fighters, RHCP, etc. Only rock I listen to is classic rock/Alt for the most part, zeppelin, petty, The Who, Metallica before cliff died, smashing pumpkins, rage against the machine, CCR, soundgarden. Classic rock/alt pop bands I can't stand though like nirvana (Dave grohl is awesome), Def Leppard, AC/DC (most overrated band ever, all the music sounds the same), and bon jovi are real awful. The best modern era band IMO is easily the gorillaz. Best rock song ever? The battle of evermore. Only modern music I listen to really is rap. And a lot rap artists today are just awful but a few good ones here and there.

Anyways that band will never create a masterpiece anything close to battle of evermore. Saw plant perform battle of evermore live at Rupp with Allison Kraus, ''twas amazing/spine tingling.

Facelift will always be one of my favorite albums. I haven't even listened to any new AIC. Without Staley it isn't Chains. I agree on Cantrell though, who is great.
Degradation Trip 1 & 2 plus Boggy Depot if you have never listened to them by Cantrell.

Reactions: GG24
That's pretty much what every generation says about the next generation.
It's less about the generation but more of the fact that popular music in general has become so corporate and monotonous. It just happens to be the worst it's ever been from a mainstream standpoint with this current generation. Even the underground scene in rock , the good bands are all made up of people 30 years old and up.

These guys are from Alabama but I doubt anyone outside of indie rock people know who they are.

Last edited:
It's less about the generation but more of the fact that popular music in general has become so corporate and monotonous. It just happens to be the worst it's ever been from a mainstream standpoint with this current generation. Even the underground scene in rock , the good bands are all made up of people 30 years old and up.

These guys are from Alabama but I doubt anyone outside of indie rock people know who they are.
There’s plenty of bands 30 and younger that are really good and make great music, like you said though, it’s underground indie esque music that isn’t really known to the mainstream audiences or traditional music listeners.

Btw, I’ve worked with KEXP numerous times, great great people.

ADVERTISEMENT