ADVERTISEMENT

MLB season update

hailtoyourvictor

Dec 11, 2012

As a huge MLB fan, the hope was they’d be able to play in empty stadiums this summer. Waiting until it’s safe for mass gatherings of 30,000 people does not give me hope for a season.

Even if we get a grasp on this and most things return to normal in 2 months, I’d expect caution against cramming 30,000 in stadiums.

The asterisk matters. Says they will consider playing games in empty stadiums. Let’s hope they do!

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Any idea if they get paid if there’s not a season? Think that could matter some?

Any idea if they get paid if there’s not a season? Think that could matter some?

Either way it’s gonna screw someone. Either owners are losing 100-200 million payrolls without revenue or players are making nothing for a full year.

One would think playing the games with empty stadiums would be financially better for both sides when you consider TV contracts. I’d also expect MLB.TV sales to double if fans weren’t allowed at games.

Either way it’s gonna screw someone. Either owners are losing 100-200 million payrolls without revenue or players are making nothing for a full year.

One would think playing the games with empty stadiums would be financially better for both sides when you consider TV contracts. I’d also expect MLB.TV sales to double if fans weren’t allowed at games.
MLB.TV is awesome. Like you, I love fantasy baseball (see ya at Rotoworld some). I’ve drafted my main league and did one yahoo pro league, which I’d planned on doing many, but held off for now cause I’m definitely concerned the season doesn’t happen. At best, when do you think it starts? June 1?

MLB.TV is awesome. Like you, I love fantasy baseball (see ya at Rotoworld some). I’ve drafted my main league and did one yahoo pro league, which I’d planned on doing many, but held off for now cause I’m definitely concerned the season doesn’t happen. At best, when do you think it starts? June 1?

What’s your name over there?

We did a yahoo pro league but I hate how they take such a big cut. We play in the $200 WindyCity auction league (windycity is a guy on rotoworld the runs like 10 leagues every year between $200-$600). We’ve won his league back to back years. I say we because its a league me and my friend co run because it’s fun to do a shared team.

Before that tweet I legit thought Memorial Day / late may, early June. was a decent target. Now I don’t know.

What’s your name over there?

We did a yahoo pro league but I hate how they take such a big cut. We play in the $200 WindyCity auction league (windycity is a guy on rotoworld the runs like 10 leagues every year between $200-$600). We’ve won his league back to back years. I say we because its a league me and my friend co run because it’s fun to do a shared team.

Before that tweet I legit thought Memorial Day / late may, early June. was a decent target. Now I don’t know.
MugsyBogues. I have no idea why. I’ve done the co-ownership before. It can be fun w the right friend. Yahoo takes a decent chunk but feel like it’s the smallest rake. CBS is insane.

MLB.TV doesn't give you local broadcast.
Can watch games from all over the country but not in your area

But if fans are close enough to travel to games you would think they are close enough to be in the local viewing area.

If anything local televsion will improve without fans.
Good for teams that have exclusive TV deals with certain cable companies.

But if fans are close enough to travel to games you would think they are close enough to be in the local viewing area.

yes, this sucks about mlbtv. luckily for me I'm a Chicago area transplant in Seattle, so I get to watch the Cubs just about every game.

I'm aware. But on any given night there are 300,000 fans that would otherwise be spending $50-$100 at the stadium. There's plenty of reason to believe a percetnage of those baseball fans would purchase an MLB.TV subscription along with their hometown television broadcast.

yes, this sucks about mlbtv. luckily for me I'm a Chicago area transplant in Seattle, so I get to watch the Cubs just about every game.

Most ****ed up blackout rules. It was a struggle for the melting pot of baseball fans in Indianapolis.

Was really looking forward to this season even though my Braves lost Josh Donaldson. I wanted him to stay. Think we picked up old ass Cole Hamels and Ozuna from STL. We picked up a catcher too but can't recall his name.

MLB is the 2nd best sport. Way better than NFL :)

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
ADVERTISEMENT