Mizzou Fans- Games Moved to LR

Discussion in 'College Football Soundoff' started by Smashmouth2004, May 17, 2018 at 2:37 PM.

1. Smashmouth2004

Smashmouth2004 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Just wanting to know how do you feel traveling an additional 2.5-3 hrs every other year for the Ark/Mizzou game? That 2.5-3 hrs is one way! I believe SEC rules state a visiting team has to approve playing off campus so if your AD objects, the SEC will back you.

2. MKrip

MKrip Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad it's not our home game being moved. That crap really pisses me off as a season ticket holder.

I hadn't made it to your stadium and campus yet for a game but it was on the to do list. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait until this moves back home for you assuming it goes through.

It wouldn't surprise me to now see us move our home against you to Kansas City.

3. Rod Dangerfield

Rod Dangerfield Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

SEC pissed me off the day they ended Carolina/Arkansas as the permanent cross division game.

We came into the conference at the same time & our matchup was the only one on the planet where both schools enjoy consuming their mascot.

SnoopHawg likes this.
  4. SnoopHawg

SnoopHawg Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Little Rock will always have a spot in my heart. But they need to do some serious work on WMS if they are going to continue using it for Razorback games.

KINGDOOSH likes this.
  5. lougha

lougha Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

If you take the most direct route, it's only about 1.5 hours longer really.

I think the biggest question for me is recruiting. Lately, we have been seeing better talent out of the Springfield area, which is right between both schools. This move takes the game farther away from that area, and lately the exposure in that area has been positive since we've been on the wining side. A move to Little Rock really isn't going to help us with recruits any I don't believe. Those kids are going to grow up fans of the deep south school and if they are good enough to get offers from Bama, LSU, Arky, etc, they're most likely going there.

6. SnoopHawg

SnoopHawg Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I now live in Branson and there are quite a few hog fans in our area. Little Rock is only a 3 hour drive from Branson.