ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou basketball is coming back to life.

byronoglesby

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2021
Appears too of finally got a coach/assistant coach for the potentially sleeping giant program.St.louis, KC recruiting,money, resources ect..

Reactions: winin11
What exactly is that?

Hired Dennis Gates, who spent years apprenticing under Ham at FSU and is a great developer of talent and up and coming coach (coach of the year at Cleveland State).

And now Gates just hired Charlton “CY” Young, who has been an assistant at FSU for almost a decade and coached with Gates for much of that time. CY has massive recruiting networks in the southeast, particularly in Georgia, and also is a ridiculous eye for under the radar talent. First (and only) coach at a high major school to offer future lotto pick Devin Vassell. CY isn’t much of an X&O guy but he’s so so good with team culture and relationships.

Hired Dennis Gates, who spent years apprenticing under Ham at FSU and is a great developer of talent and up and coming coach (coach of the year at Cleveland State).

And now Gates just hired Charlton “CY” Young, who has been an assistant at FSU for almost a decade and coached with Gates for much of that time. CY has massive recruiting networks in the southeast, particularly in Georgia, and also is a ridiculous eye for under the radar talent. First (and only) coach at a high major school to offer future lotto pick Devin Vassell. CY isn’t much of an X&O guy but he’s so so good with team culture and relationships.
Has mizzou filled out their staff yet?

Has mizzou filled out their staff yet?

92717920661dcff1b068d25d2c46d302.gif

To be honest I want Missouri to be good in basketball. Our rivalry games are on a different level when the games are good.
Agreed, except from the Illini perspective. When both Illinois and Mizzou are relevant, Braggin’ Rights is one of the coolest rivalry setups in college basketball … when Mizzou is pathetic like this year, their side is like 30% full.

the problem with mizzou basketball last year is not the talent because there was good players it was the coaches style of play the defense was terrible the three point shooting was bad.any time you loose by twenty points to the kangaroos on your home court thats bad .

Reactions: AWilli6995
I know next-to-nothing about the coaches they brought in, but the cbb guys that I respect seem to be pretty intrigued .. so I'm intrigued.

Love the Shaw commit and Carter and Gomillion (sp?) look like they could be portal wins.. however, Zou needs perimeter shooting bigly. Losing Gordon hurt.

To be honest I want Missouri to be good in basketball. Our rivalry games are on a different level when the games are good.
mizzou need fans its a shame the only time the place is packed is when they are playing kansas are some other top ten team.look at kansas that place is packed no matter who they are playing

mizzou need fans its a shame the only time the place is packed is when they are playing kansas are some other top ten team.look at kansas that place is packed no matter who they are playing
Not really a fair comparison. It’s not like KU football is packed with fans.

Win games and there won’t be a shortage of fans for MU bball and KU fball.

I know next-to-nothing about the coaches they brought in, but the cbb guys that I respect seem to be pretty intrigued .. so I'm intrigued.

Love the Shaw commit and Carter and Gomillion (sp?) look like they could be portal wins.. however, Zou needs perimeter shooting bigly. Losing Gordon hurt.

They are all FSU guys from under Ham. FSU has been pretty darn competitive under Ham.

They are all FSU guys from under Ham. FSU has been pretty darn competitive under Ham.
all the new players that is coming to mizzou except for the freshman has been battle tested i would take them more then a team with mostly high school even if there five stars .playing in the sec is not like high school where there is no defense.

Reactions: byronoglesby
all the new players that is coming to mizzou except for the freshman has been battle tested i would take them more then a team with mostly high school even if there five stars .playing in the sec is not like high school where there is no defense.
I don't think they are finished bringing in talent.

Why the hell was Cal playing Ware and Tshiebwe together? Two bigs that don't exactly stretch the floor. Is he trying to lose?

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Why the hell was Cal playing Ware and Tshiebwe together? Two bigs that don't exactly stretch the floor. Is he trying to lose?

He's done it like the last 2 or 3 games. It sure seems like it. Ware and Toppin provide nothing at the 4. I really wish he'd go small with Livingston or Thiero at the 4 and spread the floor for Oscar.

He's done it like the last 2 or 3 games. It sure seems like it. Ware and Toppin provide nothing at the 4. I really wish he'd go small with Livingston or Thiero at the 4 and spread the floor for Oscar.

If any team could pull of 4-guard lineup, seems like it would be Kentucky. Don't need to clog the paint with Tshiebwe and another big. More minutes for Livingston or Thiero seems logical.

Also, good to see Frederick's minutes going down. If he's not shooting at a ridiculously high rate, he has little value. Hard to compensate for his horrid defense.

INSERT: "It will be a cold day in hell before I recognize Missoura" Grandpa Simpson GIF.

FUN FACT: University of Missoura is one of the 2 major college campuses where I was arrested during my college years.

For bonus points, name the other State?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT