ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri bb

The problem is that people knew from the beginning that Underwood didn't have a clue how to recruit in Chicago and that's what you have to do at Illinois.
He just got a 5 star out of Chicago. He pulled the offer from the second best recruit in Chicago who wanted to come to Illinois. He's deep in on a number of the best Chicago guys coming up.

What a completely ignorant comment. Of all the things you could say about his recruiting, that was the worst take.

Yeah it's ignorant because my information is like a year old and I haven't paid attention to Illinois in the least since the hire so yeah you caught me.

About sums up Cuonzo.

His offense, that some of you have embarrassingly defended, was trash. His in-game adjustments are non-existent. Same coach he's always been.

Last edited:
Ramey's dad has a price. Cuonzo doesn't play that way. But Illinois does. Look at the assistants there and with Underwood at other stops. Dirty.
LOL. Looks like you knew jack sh1t the entire time. Guess Cuonzo wants to play ball or you're full of sh1t.

About sums up Cuonzo.

His offense, that some of you have embarrassingly defended, was trash. His in-game adjustments are non-existent. Same coach he's always been.

Wasn’t aware Cuonzo shot free throws for us or that he was the reason Ole Miss was hitting shots even when defended well. Couple rough losses but we are in the same position. On the right side of the bubble and y’all are in the bottom of the B1G.

Wasn’t aware Cuonzo shot free throws for us or that he was the reason Ole Miss was hitting shots even when defended well. Couple rough losses but we are in the same position. On the right side of the bubble and y’all are in the bottom of the B1G.
Wasn't aware Cuonzo couldn't be held accountable for scoring 3 pts in OT and his team running shitty offense down the stretch.

Jives completely with what I said. Sorry, pal.

Lol No, you clearly stated that the Ramsey's had no interest in Mizzou which I told you was wrong. They have very real interest and the air has been cleared between his dad and Cuonzo.

Lol No, you clearly stated that the Ramsey's had no interest in Mizzou which I told you was wrong. They have very real interest and the air has been cleared between his dad and Cuonzo.
They had no interest because the relationship was strained. Still hearing it's going to be difficult for you to win this one. But, I guess you guys think Cuonzo has deep enough pockets .

They had no interest because the relationship was strained. Still hearing it's going to be difficult for you to win this one. But, I guess you guys think Cuonzo has deep enough pockets .

lol you don't hear shit other than what you read on boards and now you're back peddling. You said they had no interest and that was the reason Mizzou wasn't recruiting him. I told you the Ramey's did have interest but there were reasons (not him getting paid) for why Cuonzo hasn't pursed him, which was 100% correct. And FYI his dad is the one that reached out to Cuonzo recently, not the other way around.

giphy.gif

Who are you hearing that from?

The deep pockets was making fun of them claiming Underwood was dirty because Ramey was looking at Illinois.
No, who are you hearing from that is saying it is going to be difficult for them to win this one?

lol you don't hear shit other than what you read on boards and now you're back peddling. You said they had no interest and that was the reason Mizzou wasn't recruiting him. I told you the Ramey's did have interest but there were reasons (not him getting paid) for why Cuonzo hasn't pursed him, which was 100% correct. And FYI his dad is the one that reached out to Cuonzo recently, not the other way around.
backpedaling from what? You guys claiming Mizzou had no interest? You guys claiming the recruitment was dirty?

The funny thing is I actually did hear it.

backpedaling from what? You guys claiming Mizzou had no interest? You guys claiming the recruitment was dirty?

I never claimed it was dirty. I told you things had changed and they were interested in Mizzou which you refuted. You were also wrong in saying the only reason Cuonzo wasn't pursuing him was because he had no shot.

I never claimed it was dirty. I told you things had changed and they were interested in Mizzou which you refuted. You were also wrong in saying the only reason Cuonzo wasn't pursuing him was because he had no shot.

You may not have, but your dipshit cohort did.
Ramey's dad has a price. Cuonzo doesn't play that way. But Illinois does. Look at the assistants there and with Underwood at other stops. Dirty.

You may not have, but your dipshit cohort did.

lol nice deflection. Completely ignore what I said and try and redirect to an argument I didn't even make. Try not be so blinded by your hard on for Cuonzo in the future and then you dont have worry about looking stupid.

lol nice deflection. Completely ignore what I said and try and redirect to an argument I didn't even make. Try not be so blinded by your hard on for Cuonzo in the future and then you dont have worry about looking stupid.
I literally said "you guys" and then pointed out the person that said it.

Cuonzo didn't pursue him because Courtney had no interest in Mizzou after Cuonzo and the Rameys met. Cuonzo and Terrell have known each other for a long time. This screams Cuonzo saving face after the article that just came out. I'd bet that Mizzou makes it to the final table now due to the mutual respect between the two, but it ends up being another team.

Cuonzo didn't pursue him because Courtney had no interest in Mizzou after Cuonzo and the Rameys met. Cuonzo and Terrell have known each other for a long time. This screams Cuonzo saving face after the article that just came out. I'd bet that Mizzou makes it to the final table now due to the mutual respect between the two, but it ends up being another team.

Lol oh bless your heart

Lol oh bless your heart

And when Ramey doesn't go to Mizzou, I'll be here laughing. How's Verdis looking in Gold?

I'd trust your insider on this as far as I can throw them. "We haven't talked to Terrell, but we're going to guess that Missouri wins this because we wouldn't offer if we weren't going to get him."

And when Ramey doesn't go to Mizzou, I'll be here laughing. How's Verdis looking in Gold?

I'd trust your insider on this as far as I can throw them. "We haven't talked to Terrell, but we're going to guess that Missouri wins this because we wouldn't offer if we weren't going to get him."

Why would Cuonzo just now offer if he didn’t feel a change in tide and think they had a good shot at him now? Obviously there was some sort of rift or differences between the 2 sides previously. It has been reported to the Mizzou side pretty much the entire recruitment that the Ramey’s were not that interested in Mizzou and so Cuonzo never really pursued. Obviously something occurred recently and Cuonzo Now believes they have a chance. This is recruiting, $hit changes quickly. See Verdis who literally told the Mizzou coaches he was choosing Mizzou the day before his ceremony and then decided he didn’t care about winning and chose Illinois. Ever since Illinois got into the Ramey recruitment you have acted as if it is over. This recruitment is far from over but you’ll continue to be ignorant and say Cuonzo is just saving face.

Why would Cuonzo just now offer if he didn’t feel a change in tide and think they had a good shot at him now? Obviously there was some sort of rift or differences between the 2 sides previously. It has been reported to the Mizzou side pretty much the entire recruitment that the Ramey’s were not that interested in Mizzou and so Cuonzo never really pursued. Obviously something occurred recently and Cuonzo Now believes they have a chance. This is recruiting, $hit changes quickly. See Verdis who literally told the Mizzou coaches he was choosing Mizzou the day before his ceremony and then decided he didn’t care about winning and chose Illinois. Ever since Illinois got into the Ramey recruitment you have acted as if it is over. This recruitment is far from over but you’ll continue to be ignorant and say Cuonzo is just saving face.

I've been saying in this entire thread that the Ramey's weren't interested. I believe that the Ramey's are open to being recruited by Mizzou, but there's a lot of work for them to do. It seems a whole lot like "We respect each other. I'm willing to move past what happened a couple months ago, but you're going to have to recruit Courtney extremely hard to have a chance." From what's been reported in the past, Courtney didn't want to go to Mizzou for numerous reasons. I don't see much of that as having changed, but I guess Courtney's perspective could have.

Illinois has been bad at football, but don't act like Verdis chose Illinois over some powerhouse. Hard to blame a kid for wanting to play for Lovie Smith and Nickerson over Odom.

I've been saying in this entire thread that the Ramey's weren't interested. I believe that the Ramey's are open to being recruited by Mizzou, but there's a lot of work for them to do. It seems a whole lot like "We respect each other. I'm willing to move past what happened a couple months ago, but you're going to have to recruit Courtney extremely hard to have a chance." From what's been reported in the past, Courtney didn't want to go to Mizzou for numerous reasons. I don't see much of that as having changed, but I guess Courtney's perspective could have.

Illinois has been bad at football, but don't act like Verdis chose Illinois over some powerhouse. Hard to blame a kid for wanting to play for Lovie Smith and Nickerson over Odom.

Not acting like he chose them over a powerhouse but at least Mizzou has had a winning season since 2011. I’m sure he is gonna really enjoy getting to play for Lovie for 1 season before he gets canned.

lmao wrong again, not even close to what is being said. But I will give you credit, you're relentlessness and inability to admit your wrong is semi impressive.

Not acting like he chose them over a powerhouse but at least Mizzou has had a winning season since 2011. I’m sure he is gonna really enjoy getting to play for Lovie for 1 season before he gets canned.
I'm not saying Illinois isn't awful. Also, there's no way he's fired after this year.

lmao wrong again, not even close to what is being said. But I will give you credit, you're relentlessness and inability to admit your wrong is semi impressive.
I read The Chamber this morning. That's almost exactly what was said.

Nice backpedal.

Uhh Ive already said Gabe doesn't have good info on his recruitment and that there are people with far better sources (including Terrell) but this isn't even worth arguing anymore. You can keep moving the goal posts and feeding your Mizzou obsession with someone else.

Uhh Ive already said Gabe doesn't have good info on his recruitment and that there are people with far better sources (including Terrell) but this isn't even worth arguing anymore. You can keep moving the goal posts and feeding your Mizzou obsession with someone else.
Yeah, our rivals guy talks directly with Terrell, so I'll trust his word.

Lovies getting 5 years minimum at Illinois. All of the national media thinks he is close to getting fired. He’s not. At all. We are used to sucking in football so we are willing to be very patient with this hire and see if it works. If it doesn’t, oh well. We still suck.

ADVERTISEMENT