ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri bb

Man you are clueless
Man, you're ignorant.

Man, you are dumb.

Looks like I knocked out your next 2 posts for you. Care to contribute, or will you continue making fruitless posts because I hurt your little feelings?

Reactions: KisteK
Just wanted to say that this thread has been a great read, and love when other teams fans have Kentuckians as their avatar.

Reactions: Akrause84
Why would MPJ hold a press conference to say he wants to play if he gets cleared if he wasn’t going to come back and play this season?

And I’m not going to consider any season making the Tournament without the #1 player in the country a failure. As I stated earlier, take MPJ out of the picture preseason and Mizzou is projected to finish at the bottom of the SEC again. They’ve played without him the entire season and are basically a Tourney Lock.

And you continue to bash Cuonzo as if he can’t make adjustments to his coaching style which is laughable. He has always been known as a defensive minded coach that can’t do anything offensively. Well he just took a team that was a bottom 20 offense in the NCAA last year to a top 35 offense this season all while facing the Number 1 defensive SOS according to KenPom.

I think he wants to come back. I don't think it's in his best interest, and I think that he and his family are savvy enough to know better.

Improving on Kim Anderson is a feat that only 95% of coaches in America could do. You're acting like he did it with the same team. 3/4 of the best players on your team are new. Your best is here for one year, and your backcourt all but disappears.

I think he wants to come back. I don't think it's in his best interest, and I think that he and his family are savvy enough to know better.

Improving on Kim Anderson is a feat that only 95% of coaches in America could do. You're acting like he did it with the same team. 3/4 of the best players on your team are new. Your best is here for one year, and your backcourt all but disappears.

Oh so I guess Marvin Bagley should just call it quits with Duke also?

The best player on the team hasn’t played so your last sentence is irrelevant. And obviously he hasn’t done it with the same exact team but many of the players are the same and Cuonzo has gotten a lot more out of them than what KA ever did or probably ever dreamed of getting.

And its not only improving, it’s taking them from the 2nd worst High Major team to Top 4 in the SEC and in the NCAAT. Am I supposed to apologize for new players making the team better? Isn’t that ya know, the entire purpose of recruiting? Sorry your Illini regressed and we got better.

Missouri fans are even better because I've never met one in person.
Huh you never met a Missouri fan but you elect to pay for Powermizzou site? Talk about someone that needs a bit more in their life. BTW mom's calling your meatloaf is ready!

Man, you're ignorant.

Man, you are dumb.

Looks like I knocked out your next 2 posts for you. Care to contribute, or will you continue making fruitless posts because I hurt your little feelings?

Not going to even try, your comments show you couldn’t handle actual knowledge

Oh so I guess Marvin Bagley should just call it quits with Duke also?

The best player on the team hasn’t played so your last sentence is irrelevant. And obviously he hasn’t done it with the same exact team but many of the players are the same and Cuonzo has gotten a lot more out of them than what KA ever did or probably ever dreamed of getting.

And its not only improving, it’s taking them from the 2nd worst High Major team to Top 4 in the SEC and in the NCAAT. Am I supposed to apologize for new players making the team better? Isn’t that ya know, the entire purpose of recruiting? Sorry your Illini regressed and we got better.

My last sentence makes no sense because your best players are leaving after one year (true), and your backcourt disappears (true)? What a completely senseless statement. Elaborate please because I have no idea what you're getting at with that.

Again, KA is a terrible, terrible coach. I don't have the highest opinion of Cuonzo as a coach, but comparing those two is like comparing dog sh1t and raisin bran.

Cuonzo has done a good job this year. He had some leftover players that fit in his scheme, and he hit on a transfer that has been huge for you. That transfer is gone. You have no one else decent to handle the ball next season.

Why would you apologize for anything? What kind of statement is that? You're holding 1 good season up like Cuonzo is Adolph Rupp, but it's no different than anything he's done in the past. He is capable of a good season, but he is capable of 200+ offenses and leaving the cupboard bare. Thus far, I'm liking the recruits he has landed after the initial sheen wore off (as an Illinois fan).

I like that he's missing on Ramey. I like what I'm hearing regarding Liddell and Mizzou. I like that he's reaching on guys like Pinson and Santos. I like that all of his PGs left. I think that bodes well for teams that play Mizzou in the future. It fits perfectly with his MO. I know what I'm getting with a Cuonzo Martin in the long term, and so far it looks just like what he's done everywhere else.

My last sentence makes no sense because your best players are leaving after one year (true), and your backcourt disappears (true)? What a completely senseless statement. Elaborate please because I have no idea what you're getting at with that.

Again, KA is a terrible, terrible coach. I don't have the highest opinion of Cuonzo as a coach, but comparing those two is like comparing dog sh1t and raisin bran.

Cuonzo has done a good job this year. He had some leftover players that fit in his scheme, and he hit on a transfer that has been huge for you. That transfer is gone. You have no one else decent to handle the ball next season.

Why would you apologize for anything? What kind of statement is that? You're holding 1 good season up like Cuonzo is Adolph Rupp, but it's no different than anything he's done in the past. He is capable of a good season, but he is capable of 200+ offenses and leaving the cupboard bare. Thus far, I'm liking the recruits he has landed after the initial sheen wore off (as an Illinois fan).

I like that he's missing on Ramey. I like what I'm hearing regarding Liddell and Mizzou. I like that he's reaching on guys like Pinson and Santos. I like that all of his PGs left. I think that bodes well for teams that play Mizzou in the future. It fits perfectly with his MO. I know what I'm getting with a Cuonzo Martin in the long term, and so far it looks just like what he's done everywhere else.

I like what I'm hearing about Mark Smith. Bodes well for Mizzou recruiting on the east side of the STL metro area.

Not going to even try. Your comments show you couldn’t handle actual knowledge.
Well, it's a good thing that I don't have to worry about getting that from you.

Judging by your post history, you don't have the ability to post anything substantive. Actually, the number of posts that have more than one sentence/fragment is staggeringly low. The number of insults is quite high. Seems about right.

I like what I'm hearing about Mark Smith. Bodes well for Mizzou recruiting on the east side of the STL metro area.
That's his Dad. Even if he transferred, it wouldn't be to Mizzou.

I'd be surprised if Liddell ends up at Mizzou. Kansas seems like our biggest worry.

Edit: surprised isn't the best word. I guess I'd say that you have some ground to make up, and his preferences lie elsewhere.

Well, it's a good thing that I don't have to worry about getting that from you.

Judging by your post history, you don't have the ability to post anything substantive. Actually, the number of posts that have more than one sentence/fragment is staggeringly low. The number of insults is quite high. Seems about right.

Your posts consists of made up crap with no facts. You know nothing about basketball. I chose to call you what you are.... an idiot

I said your last sentence was irrelevant because I thought you were referring to MPJ. You were essentially saying Mizzou has only improved because “3/4 of your best players are new.” The goal of recruiting is to get new guys to make a team better so that argument makes no sense. And after the initial sheen has wore off? The 2018 class was always going to be a holdover class and even in that they came out with Torrence Watson. Santos was also a former Top 100 guy until injuries set him back. Pinson may be raw but he has potential to be good.

2019 has been the class to look forward too. I don't know why you think Mizzou has no chance with Liddell. Your boards rivals guy said its Illinois and Kansas while everywhere else has said its Mizzou and Illinois. You guys also thought Tilmon was staying with you guys... With how things are playing out at Illinois I wouldnt be so confident with Liddell just yet,

Reactions: tigergage
Your posts consists of made up crap with no facts. You know nothing about basketball. I chose to call you what you are.... an idiot
I'd be offended if I thought you were the slightest bit intelligent. Your insult is on par with Trump calling Kim Jung Un fat. Even if it's true, you're fatter.

I love it when Illinois fans poke at Martin for being a job hopper while Underwood is on his 3rd job in 2 years.

Reactions: tigergage
I said your last sentence was irrelevant because I thought you were referring to MPJ. You were essentially saying Mizzou has only improved because “3/4 of your best players are new.” The goal of recruiting is to get new guys to make a team better so that argument makes no sense. And after the initial sheen has wore off? The 2018 class was always going to be a holdover class and even in that they came out with Torrence Watson. Santos was also a former Top 100 guy until injuries set him back. Pinson may be raw but he has potential to be good.

2019 has been the class to look forward too. I don't know why you think Mizzou has no chance with Liddell. Your boards rivals guy said its Illinois and Kansas while everywhere else has said its Mizzou and Illinois. You guys also thought Tilmon was staying with you guys... With how things are playing out at Illinois I wouldnt be so confident with Liddell just yet,

I see what you're saying.

I didn't like Santos when Illinois was recruiting him.

Look at Cuonzo's past. He has a lot of these holdover classes and a couple classes that he hits. He's a hr and strikeout guy except his homeruns end up as doubles.

Just from what we're hearing, I like our position a lot. He could end up at Mizzou, but I don't think it's as likely as Illinois or KU. You guys are banking on this Mark Smith drama to pan out in your favor.

I love it when Illinois fans poke at Martin for being a job hopper while Underwood is on his 3rd job in 2 years.
The difference being that Underwood never got out because he was going to be fired.

I see what you're saying.

I didn't like Santos when Illinois was recruiting him.

Look at Cuonzo's past. He has a lot of these holdover classes and a couple classes that he hits. He's a hr and strikeout guy except his homeruns end up as doubles.

Just from what we're hearing, I like our position a lot. He could end up at Mizzou, but I don't think it's as likely as Illinois or KU. You guys are banking on this Mark Smith drama to pan out in your favor.

I don’t reallly care what happens with Mark Smith honestly. Liddell is good friends with Javon Pickett and Mario McKinney who is likely to be a Tiger as well. I think Cuonzo has more to offer Liddell than Underwood. (No not money)

I don’t reallly care what happens with Mark Smith honestly. Liddell is good friends with Javon Pickett and Mario McKinney who is likely to be a Tiger as well. I think Cuonzo has more to offer Liddell than Underwood. (No not money)

Why do you say that? His big recruits have underachieved, and he plays a style of offense that's not exciting.

Liddell slides right into Underwood's system, and the actions he'd get would have the ball in his hands a lot.

All Underwood has to do is show him highlights of Thomas Walkup, Jeffery Carrol, and Leron Black. Three guys who have been very good at that position, and Liddell is arguably more talented than all three.

Last edited:
Why do you say that? His big recruits have underachieved, and he plays a style of offense that's not exciting.

Liddell slides right into Underwood's system, and the actions he'd get would have the ball in his hands a lot.

All Underwood has to do is show him highlights of Thomas Walkup, Jeffery Carrol, and Leron Black. Three guys who have been very good at that position, and Liddell is arguably more talented than all three.

Lol. He can also show Liddel how he took a 20 win team to the basement of the Big 10.

Lol. He can also show Liddel how he took a 20 win team to the basement of the Big 10.

He can also show how we was a top 4 winningest coach of all time through his first 4 seasons. He can also show that Cuonzo has lost more than 10 games in every single season but one, missed the tournament in 7/9 (soon to be 7/10) seasons, and turned the best recruiting class in Cal history into a bubble team that didn't make the tournament.

He could then say Illinois graduated its 3rd all-time leading scorer and starting center the season I showed up. The coach before me grossly (Grocely if you will) mismanaged the roster, left me with no seniors, centers, or shooting guards. He brought in the highest rated recruit at Illinois in 10 years.

Groce took Illinois to the basement. Underwood is cleaning up that mess. I so look forward to talking to air next season when you guys are in the NIT.

Better shot with Okoro than you think. Not saying we will get him but last update I saw Mizzou, Illinois and Oregon were the main 3 after him
Yikes, he didn't even list you guys in his latest update.

Reactions: KisteK
He can also show how we was a top 4 winningest coach of all time through his first 4 seasons. He can also show that Cuonzo has lost more than 10 games in every single season but one, missed the tournament in 7/9 (soon to be 7/10) seasons, and turned the best recruiting class in Cal history into a bubble team that didn't make the tournament.

He could then say Illinois graduated its 3rd all-time leading scorer and starting center the season I showed up. The coach before me grossly (Grocely if you will) mismanaged the roster, left me with no seniors, centers, or shooting guards. He brought in the highest rated recruit at Illinois in 10 years.

Groce took Illinois to the basement. Underwood is cleaning up that mess. I so look forward to talking to air next season when you guys are in the NIT.

7/10? So you’re saying Mizzou is gonna miss the tourney this year?

And he went to the Tourney the year Cal had its best recruiting class.

Illinois hasn’t been to the tourney since 2013, same as Mizzou and what Cuonzo has gotten them out of was far beneath the basement and is still taking them to the tourney year one and before Underwood. So congrats. A lot of talking coming from a fan of a team in the cellar of the Big 10.

Yikes, he didn't even list you guys in his latest update.

Cool.

7/10? So you’re saying Mizzou is gonna miss the tourney this year?

And he went to the Tourney the year Cal had its best recruiting class.

Illinois hasn’t been to the tourney since 2013, same as Mizzou and what Cuonzo has gotten them out of was far beneath the basement and is still taking them to the tourney year one and before Underwood. So congrats. A lot of talking coming from a fan of a team in the cellar of the Big 10.
Meant 8/10.
And, thanks for the correction. That was yr year he took a team many touted as a FF contender all the way to the round of 64 where he lost to an elite Hawaii squad.

We are in the cellar, but at least we have a nice house above us.

Salty.

Reactions: TuckTiger
51 posts in one thread about Mizzou basketball.

Damn, that's dedication.

Had a progra

Had a stocked SFA program handed to him by Danny Kaspar. Underwood bailed just before the talent dropped off. Oklahoma State isn't really missing Underwood either.

Meant 8/10.
And, thanks for the correction. That was yr year he took a team many touted as a FF contender all the way to the round of 64 where he lost to an elite Hawaii squad.

The Cal team where he lost two starters before the tournament game?

Had a stocked SFA program handed to him by Danny Kaspar. Underwood bailed just before the talent dropped off. Oklahoma State isn't really missing Underwood either.
Ok St is 15-11 (5-8) and isn't going to make the tournament. What a terrible point.

Being hired to a P5 program because you were so successful isn't bailing. Cuonzo didn't bail on Missouri State. That's a promotion. Bailing is what Cuonzo did to Tennessee and Cal. He got out of town because he knew his seat was hot in both places.

Last edited:
Jaycg15 is one of the dumbest posters on a message board of all time.

Everyone outside of Missouri fan, and I mean everyone, knows Martin is a average coach, and a hell of a recruiter. I understand his crown jewel recruit has been hurt, but he still brought in some studs. MU guys were stoked about Tillmon, until they realized he’s a foul-per-minute, type of player. Being a bubble team, and on the verge of a NIT appearance, shouldn’t satisfy anyone, regardless how bad you guys have been.

Everyone outside of kansas fan, and I mean everyone, knows ku basketball program is crooked, and every team that comes into the dump called Allen Field House knows it will be a game of 5 vs 8. This year the bias projecting ku as a Number 2 seed in the NCAA Tourney is laughable.

I don't know how long Underwood saw himself in Stillwater, but I know a select purple fan base that is over the moon he's moved on. Esp because they probably had a legit shot at him that off-season, had they made their move, but their then-AD was laughably inept.

Sad, sad stuff... Smh

I hope Underwood does awesome things while at Ill.

The problem is that people knew from the beginning that Underwood didn't have a clue how to recruit in Chicago and that's what you have to do at Illinois.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT