ADVERTISEMENT

Mikey Williams

Villian07

Aug 11, 2015
Seen on the bottomline he signed some sort of deal that will “generate millions”, but i dont even know who mikey williams is or who he plays for/committed to? Or does he have years of HS left?

He might still be This coukd be NIL stuff but it just said BASKETBALL on the side tab, not CBK which is what threw me off.

I guess if they play for one of those basketball powerhouse high schools they prolly dont care if they are amatuers or not, unlike blank county, (whatever state) bc they would prolly care 😂. Id still tell em to eat rocks if i could generate millions at 16.

Still not sure how good the return on investment is gonna be for some of these outlandish deals, but i guess half of its prolly to get him to a certain school.

Should be interesting to see how something like this works out. To me, it will be just like the hangers on looking for handouts prior to college, now they will be promoting and trying to get paid on 9th graders.

How sad. 16year old kid will be ruined.

23 stud. I guess I was confused as well. I didn’t know these kids could sign deals still in school.
I'm still a bit confused how a person under 18 can enter a contract. But, from my understanding a 1st grader can earn.

Think of Disney (Spears, Timeberlake, Agularia), but with basketball players.

He got the deal because he has such a large following (5 million +) on social media. He's good, but it's not like he's a generational talent. Fringe top 5-10 guy in 2023.

Same reason the LSU gymnast is going to be a millionaire because of NIL. She's smokin' hot and has a large following, not because she's an amazing gymnast.

He got the deal because he has such a large following (5 million +) on social media. He's good, but it's not like he's a generational talent. Fringe top 5-10 guy in 2023.

Same reason the LSU gymnast is going to be a millionaire because of NIL. She's smokin' hot and has a large following, not because she's an amazing gymnast.
Internet following is going to be key here. Joe's local Muffler shop will add, but not compete.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Internet following is going to be key here. Joe's local Muffler shop will add, but not compete.
All they care about is how many people these kids will be able to reach to sell their product(s). It's all about advertising/marketing potential. You could be the best player in the world in whatever sport, but if you don't have that buzz on social media you won't make very much money (or at least won't maximize your earning potential).

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
All they care about is how many people these kids will be able to reach to sell their product(s). It's all about advertising/marketing potential. You could be the best player in the world in whatever sport, but if you don't have that buzz on social media you won't make very much money.
Boosters will step in, and other teams will do what UNC just did, but yeah, it'll be nothing compared to 5 bucks here 10 bucks there from social media followers. Not to mention traditional contracts with the social media giants themselves.

Boosters will step in, and other teams will do what UNC just did, but yeah, it'll be nothing compared to 5 bucks here 10 bucks there from social media followers. Not to mention traditional contracts with the social media giants themselves.
There will always be the mega deals between the best football/basketball players and shoe/apparel companies that land those guys a shit ton of money, but the majority of these prep/college kids are going to make their bank on social media following.

There will always be the mega deals between the best football/basketball players and shoe/apparel companies that land those guys a shit ton of money, but yeah, the majority of these prep/college kids are going to make their bank on social media following.

That's just instagram.

That's just instagram.
"It’s somewhat of an unspoken rule that influencers can expect to be paid $10.00 for every 1,000 followers they have, once they hit the 100,000 threshold." Bruh, that is INSANE. $10,000 just because you have a football stadium full of followers.

It says even with less than 10K followers these people average $88 a post. 😆

UK's biggest potential earner won't be playing a male, or main sport at all. Her name escapes me, but IIRC she has ~5M followers. Memory is shit nowadays.

"It’s somewhat of an unspoken rule that influencers can expect to be paid $10.00 for every 1,000 followers they have, once they hit the 100,000 threshold." Bruh, that is INSANE. $10,000 just because you have a football stadium full of followers.

It says even with less than 10K followers these people average $88 a post. 😆
Hundreds of dollars.

UK's biggest potential earner won't be playing a male, or main sport at all. Her name escapes me, but IIRC she has ~5M followers. Memory is shit nowadays.
Really? What does she do? I would've guessed Sydney McLaughlin but she's been pro for a while now. Is it Masai Russell?

Really? What does she do? I would've guessed Sydney McLaughlin but she's been pro for a while now. Is it Masai Russell?
Yeah, hahaha, my memory is shit. I read so much, IDK where I got 5M. I'm an idiot, but the point is she/he/they don't have to play the biggest sports. I wouldn't be surprised if after year one and it's all calculated, Females outnumber the males in top 10.

Yeah, hahaha, my memory is shit. I read so much, IDK where I got 5M. I'm an idiot, but the point is she/he/they don't have to play the biggest sports. I wouldn't be surprised if after year one and it's all calculated, Females outnumber the males in top 10.
The power of pussy is real (except for brooky, he likes balls).

The power of pussy is real (except for brooky, he likes balls).
I honestly don't know why he keeps telling us this.

*the POP is real, and this could be the end of girls not making as much as their male counterparts in the sports field.

83e79c1b-f1a5-4416-9f6e-c7838bb67315_text.gif

• Haha
I wonder if players will get compensated by NCAA/TV networks using their highlights in promo's?

Same for louisville. Haily van Lith (womens basketball) is our biggest potential earner by a long shot.

One of these influencers is gonna get kidnapped criminal minds style. These female influencers have to understand that half their followers just want to tie them up in their basement, right???

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Mikey Williams has previously said that he wanted to play for an HBCU school. NC Central might be the team to beat.

He's been known nationally for a while now because he was AAU teammates with Bronny back in the 7th grade or so - and he was better than Bronny.

• Haha
One of these influencers is gonna get kidnapped criminal minds style. These female influencers have to understand that half their followers just want to tie them up in their basement, right???
Not sure it is a good idea to project your fantasies in public.

Reactions: Villian07
Lmao i use the barns too much, we do have some worthless grain bins that would be perfect 😂 actually we do have an old barn as well 😂

yall coulda just told me i was crazy or wrong, instead of turning me into BTK

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT