Midseason All-ACC teams

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by Jhmoss1812, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Spacegrass

Spacegrass Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Its not just about points. Both are constantly in foul trouble and play mediocre to bad defense. You can ask any UNC fan on this board. You guys are put together to get your scoring from the perimeter guys. We have an offense that is based on getting the big guys as many touches as possible. Hicks has been our best interior defender but he is still figuring things out. I mean Paige just called out the whole team for inconsistent effort and play after the UVA game. The two biggest culprits in conference play have been those two. They both have enough experience it shouldnt be an issue but it still is.

2. Ipartiedwithhopgood

Ipartiedwithhopgood Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

That is all well and good, and I don't doubt what you are saying.

But their prescence, and consistent existence as threats in the lane offensively make opposing defenses account for them, and collapse off the perimeter, leading to somewhat easier opportunities for the guards to get clean looks.

All I am saying is, from a statistical standpoint, Rozier has a tougher go to get the points he gets because it almost all has to come from one one one off the bounce off a high pick, because we got NOBODY on the interior for him to throw the ball to. Forget assists, it's not going to happen for him with no post game and sub standard shooters around him.

The more I think about it, Rozier is probably the #2 player in the ACC right now. Of course, these things can change. But with four straight 20 + point games, he's got to be on the 1st team in the league - that's for sure.

3. Spacegrass

Spacegrass Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Except nobody outside of Paige has given us consistent outside production. Britt has been better the last 3-4 games but shooting/scoring isn't his forte. We badly need someone that can score going to the rim consistently. Tokoto can do it but he is not a primary offensive option.

4. Ipartiedwithhopgood

Ipartiedwithhopgood Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Space - I get it. I do admire UNC, and their players.

The ACC is loaded with really good players. I'm not saying Rozier will even make the 1st team, I am just saying I think he should. Maybe I am guilty of posting with in "absolute" terms on this.

One could make the case for 7-10 guys.

Whatever five get voted in, will no doubt have earned it,

5. dmaso44

dmaso44 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

He was looking to put Montrezl in there so someone had to go. Not saying Trez doesn't deserve to be in there because I haven't watched that much ACC except for the big games involving Duke, UofL, UNC, and UVA so I don't know. However, Justin Anderson is definitely a top 5 performer in the ACC.

6. Steelers2012

Steelers2012 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

ANY type of UofL vs UVA player comparison is difficult due to the nature of the two teams. UofL relies so much on the Big Three of Harrell, Rozier, and Jones that they will have bigger individual stat lines simply due to how much is needed of them and minutes played. UVA is so balanced that their stats will appear "less" because their output is much more spread out. I would personally rather average 75 pts./game with 6-7 guys averaging roughly 11 pts./game than 3 guys averaging 25 pts./game. It makes for a much more consistent team. Basically, either Trez, Rozier or Jones are more vital to UofL's success than any single UVA player to their team's success. UVA has more quality options.

7. J-Rye_UL

J-Rye_UL Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Except he isn't. Based on the eye test, I could see Anderson as a top 5 player, but he hasn't "performed" that way. 40% from the field on 12 points per game doesn't say top 5 to me. But he's the best (or 2nd best) player on the best team, so I'll concede that he belongs in the conversation for 1st team ACC.

Harrell in the ACC::::: 15 points, 9 boards, 1 assist, 54% FG
    Anderson in the ACC: 12 points, 4 boards, 2.5 assists, 40% FG

Considering both play for ACC title contenders, I don't think it's a stretch to put Harrell in the 1st team over Anderson. Maybe I'm missing something. Why does Anderson belong over Harrel on the 1st team?

8. Dattier

Dattier Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Quinn Cook deserves a mention. I don't think he'll be shut out of the 3 teams.