ADVERTISEMENT

Midpoint Final Four Predictions

Don’t worry guys Kansas and the Indonesian basketball league DPOY Marcus Garrett and whiter Grayson Allen will get the jayhawks back to the final four!

• Haha
Reactions: hawkit3113
You need to watch more basketball, bro
They seem the most formidable to make a run in the tourney. Iowa could certainly be inserted in place of FSU or Tenn. Tough to tell honestly. The only two teams that look better by a stretch imo would be the Zags and Baylor. This tourney seems like a crapshoot, and I’m interested to see how it will all play out...especially with the virus still lingering.

Don’t worry guys Kansas and the Indonesian basketball league DPOY Marcus Garrett and whiter Grayson Allen will get the jayhawks back to the final four!

Your boys will be watching it all from the couch for the 3rd time in a dozen years.

Shit....that's Stanford-esque. 😂

They seem the most formidable to make a run in the tourney. Iowa could certainly be inserted in place of FSU or Tenn. Tough to tell honestly. The only two teams that look better by a stretch imo would be the Zags and Baylor. This tourney seems like a crapshoot, and I’m interested to see how it will all play out...especially with the virus still lingering.

Disagree

ESPN was trying too hard to push that narrative last night

Florida St is a good team but no where close to being a Final 4 team

In the Big 12 or B1G Florida State would be near or on the Bottom Half.

Outside of UVa is the best the ACC has to offer

Disagree

ESPN was trying too hard to push that narrative last night

Florida St is a good team but no where close to being a Final 4 team

In the Big 12 or B1G Florida State would be near or on the Bottom Half.

Outside of UVa is the best the ACC has to offer
Ehhh idk bout bottom half of the big 12. That’s a bit of a hyperbole imo, but both of these are just merely that.

Ehhh idk bout bottom half of the big 12. That’s a bit of a hyperbole imo, but both of these are just merely that.

Play Texas Tech, WVU and Kansas and you will find out

Florida St is a decent team and has a chance to get to the second weekend.
But as of right now they are no where near a team who can win on the second weekend.

If we are talking about Longshot Final 4 teams...

I think you could put Florida St in the mix.
Oklahoma St is another
UCLA

But as of right now they are no where near a team who can win on the second weekend.

Oklahoma St is another
UCLA
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but we have a top 10 program over the last 3/4 years when you combine regular season, conf tourney, and ncaat success. And we recruit better than most programs at this point. It just doesn't line up that we would be in the bottom half of any P5 conference.

I'll take a straw poll of teams that the fans of the contenders want to play in the tournament, and bet ours isn't anywhere near the top

Reactions: UL_1986
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but we have a top 10 program over the last 3/4 years when you combine regular season, conf tourney, and ncaat success. And we recruit better than most programs at this point. It just doesn't line up that we would be in the bottom half of any P5 conference.

I'll take a straw poll of teams that the fans of the contenders want to play in the tournament, and bet ours isn't anywhere near the top

What does any of that have to do with the facts

As of right now with how it looks you would be a bottom half Big 12 team

None of those teams lost to a program like UCF.

Nothing personal. How this season has went so far.

I don't see Florida St being able to beat Kansas, WVU, Tx Tech and maybe even Oklahoma State.

To be a Top half team you pretty much have to be a Top 15 program

Oklahoma St is another
UCLA

You’re right, right now FSU is not a final 4 team. Losing 2 lottery picks and the team leader to the NBA, there has been a learning curve. Another half a season to go. Right now I think FSU is Sweet 16 material. Continue to improve and everybody get better in their niche...could be 4 by the end. Longshot 4 makes sense, for now.

You’re right, right now FSU is not a final 4 team. Losing 2 lottery picks and the team leader to the NBA, there has been a learning curve. Another half a season to go. Right now I think FSU is Sweet 16 material. Continue to improve and everybody get better in their niche...could be 4 by the end. Longshot 4 makes sense, for now.

This I agree with and pretty much was my point

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot

Oklahoma St is another
UCLA
FSU near the bottom half, or in the bottom half of the B10/B12?

Dude......Just quit, man. They are still figuring shit, due to injuries, COVID, etc, etc...They are going to be a fukin handful in March.

I was really impressed with Kansas last night....Thought they at times, looked really good. From what I have seen, its hard to pick against Gonzaga/Baylor. After that, I think there are quite a few who could end up in Indy...
Iowa, Texas, Nova, Michigan, Wisconsin, Kansas, Tenn, FSU, Louisville(with a healthy Williams), Illinois, Alabama, Creighton....

Sleeper teams are MSU, LSU(go ahead laugh), Missouri, TT....

In other words, outside of Baylor/Gonaaga, its wide open...

Reactions: Tigerocker
FSU near the bottom half, or in the bottom half of the B10/B12?

Dude......Just quit, man. They are still figuring shit, due to injuries, COVID, etc, etc...They are going to be a fukin handful in March.

They wouldn't have that time to figure things out...

Besides UVa they are the ACCs best hope.

Just sad how bad the ACC is this year. I enjoy ACC basketball. Their style is up there. The conference is pretty average right now.

What does any of that have to do with the facts

As of right now with how it looks you would be a bottom half Big 12 team

None of those teams lost to a program like UCF.

Nothing personal. How this season has went so far.

I don't see Florida St being able to beat Kansas, WVU, Tx Tech and maybe even Oklahoma State.

To be a Top half team you pretty much have to be a Top 15 program
In basketball, you can't base the regular season off of one game. It's fine, you can apply the logic that you want, but that UCF game as an anomaly. They made some crazy shots after being off for several weeks due to Covid. But to put a blanket statement of being a bottom half of...for a team with this pedigree is very slanted. FSU could beat any one of those teams if they play their game, but I'm not counting them as wins. Do you even watch college basketball?

In basketball, you can't base the regular season off of one game. It's fine, you can apply the logic that you want, but that UCF game as an anomaly. They made some crazy shots after being off for several weeks due to Covid. But to put a blanket statement of being a bottom half of...for a team with this pedigree is very slanted. FSU could beat any one of those teams if they play their game, but I'm not counting them as wins. Do you even watch college basketball?

You haven't showed this year.

You keep bringing up other teams to make a point.
Talking about this year 2020-2021.

Take the 5 best teams Florida State has played and compare that to elsewhere.

There hasn't been enough put on the court to say that Florida State is anything more than a solid to good basketball team.

No, I don't understand. Are you saying they aren't a FF team or are you saying that they aren't able to compete in the B10/B12? Just makes no sense.

Doesn't have anything to do with not competing...

Teams who finish on the Bottom half in the Big 12 can compete at times but they just aren't consistent.

That is where Florida State is this year.

Very comparable to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State

I was really impressed with Kansas last night....Thought they at times, looked really good. From what I have seen, its hard to pick against Gonzaga/Baylor. After that, I think there are quite a few who could end up in Indy...
Iowa, Texas, Nova, Michigan, Wisconsin, Kansas, Tenn, FSU, Louisville(with a healthy Williams), Illinois, Alabama, Creighton....

Sleeper teams are MSU, LSU(go ahead laugh), Missouri, TT....

In other words, outside of Baylor/Gonaaga, its wide open...
Thanks for the dibs but think we (LSU) are 16 & maybe possible 8 but 4 is pushing it however, still decent team.

Gonzaga
Baylor
Michigan
Texas

Iowa and Villanova are good but my Sleeper team is St. Louis

Reactions: GOO_HAM
I just don't think you're even hearing yourself.

"They are good enough to make it to the second weekend....but they aren't good enough to be in the top half of two P5 conferences."

In sports, familiarity breeds contempt. The polls especially create a view of the situation that is flawed. I bring up other teams because the system uses a program's performance over several seasons to create a profile for them. That is just a fact. I don't expect you to know a whole lot about our squad, but we have 4 players who have been to a sweet 16, and were also key pieces on a team that most prognosticated would have been around for the Elite Eight.

And if there is a year where a profile of a team is going to be inaccurate as far as perception, this is it. The Big 12 has a lot of highly ranked teams, but most of that is based off of an early season ranking that hasn't had much opportunity to shift because they played an overmatched OOC schedule, and have played one another and gotten a round-robin of wins.

It's fine, I'm pleased with our team and know that on the court, they'd be just fine going against those teams. I just find your dismissive attitude to be based off of assertions that aren't backed up with as much data as you think you have

I just don't think you're even hearing yourself.

"They are good enough to make it to the second weekend....but they aren't good enough to be in the top half of two P5 conferences."

In sports, familiarity breeds contempt. The polls especially create a view of the situation that is flawed. I bring up other teams because the system uses a program's performance over several seasons to create a profile for them. That is just a fact. I don't expect you to know a whole lot about our squad, but we have 4 players who have been to a sweet 16, and were also key pieces on a team that most prognosticated would have been around for the Elite Eight.

And if there is a year where a profile of a team is going to be inaccurate as far as perception, this is it. The Big 12 has a lot of highly ranked teams, but most of that is based off of an early season ranking that hasn't had much opportunity to shift because they played an overmatched OOC schedule, and have played one another and gotten a round-robin of wins.

It's fine, I'm pleased with our team and know that on the court, they'd be just fine going against those teams. I just find your dismissive attitude to be based off of assertions that aren't backed up with as much data as you think you have

I am trying to be as objective as possible.

Florida State hasn't showed that much this year

They really haven't had the chance because their schedule has been so weak.

We are going off of opinions based on players on the court.
I think Florida State has some issues and will find it hard to compete at a certain level in the current.

Things could change...

But when I say they could be a second weekend team that didn't mean they would be.
There are as of right now 25-35 teams who look like they will play in the Sweet 16

Big 12 has 6 in a 10 team league...

They wouldn't have that time to figure things out...

Besides UVa they are the ACCs best hope.

Just sad how bad the ACC is this year. I enjoy ACC basketball. Their style is up there. The conference is pretty average right now.

You do realize Louisville is w/o their guy, in Malik WIlliams..right? They are solid without him...gonna be even better when they get him back.

Wht does how good a conference is, have to do with how good you are?

FSU, come march, will be a handful....

Bottom of the B10/B12...

JFC...

You do realize Louisville is w/o their guy, in Malik WIlliams..right? They are solid without him...gonna be even better when they get him back.

Wht does how good a conference is, have to do with how good you are?

FSU, come march, will be a handful....

Bottom of the B10/B12...

JFC...

Because results matter

If the results aren't there what are we going by.

Opinions of announcers...
Message boards
Past results

Dissect Florida St's schedule.
I am talking about this year's team. There is nothing there to say Final 4 team.

I watched them and I don't see it either. I see a team who could get into the second weekend but I see a team that has some limitations that will cost them.

Even Hamilton's best teams a few years ago were like that as well.

Still a half season to go and hopefully covid cancellations subside. It’ll be interesting to see who gets hot at the right time. Baylor and Zaga could easily hit a bad spell at the wrong time. I don’t think so, but... Hell FSU could regress and fall out. I don’t think so, but... Lot of ball to be played.

Because results matter

If the results aren't there what are we going by.

Opinions of announcers...
Message boards
Past results

Dissect Florida St's schedule.
I am talking about this year's team. There is nothing there to say Final 4 team.

I watched them and I don't see it either. I see a team who could get into the second weekend but I see a team that has some limitations that will cost them.

Even Hamilton's best teams a few years ago were like that as well.
Just curious---Do you have to watch good team vs good team, to form an opinion? I don't think you can.

Hamiltons best team of a few years ago? Ummmmm, you forget about last years team? Ya know, the group that was 26-5...Ranked 4th? Lost some good dudes off that team...But they also return some dudes off that team---Not to mention added 5* Scottie Barnes.

Its gonna be fun entertaining this thread in March...

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Just curious---Do you have to watch good team vs good team, to form an opinion? I don't think you can.

Hamiltons best team of a few years ago? Ummmmm, you forget about last years team? Ya know, the group that was 26-5...Ranked 4th? Lost some good dudes off that team...But they also return some dudes off that team---Not to mention added 5* Scottie Barnes.

Its gonna be fun entertaining this thread in March...

Sweet 16 and above is usually good vs good

So I usually want to see something before I can say that teams can win during the second weekend.

You aren't playing average teams in the Sweet 16.
Starting to see alphas vs alphas

Last couple 16’s we played, 2 and 3 years ago? Beat the Zags easily the first, they beat us easily the 2nd. Guess they’ll match us again if we go that far.

Sweet 16 and above is usually good vs good

So I usually want to see something before I can say that teams can win during the second weekend.

You aren't playing average teams in the Sweet 16.
Starting to see alphas vs alphas
Sure, makes sense....Except, ummm,. well, that UCLA dark horse pick....I mean, exactly who have they beaten that makes you call them a dark horse? What, their loss to OSU make you a believer? Or was it those impressive wins over juggernaut, 2-6 Utah....or 2-5 Cal...Or 2-4 ASU...

Naaah, I bet it was that monster 5 point win over 0-7 Washington...

Man, you just talk in circles, brother...Not so sure sports is for you.

Sure, makes sense....Except, ummm,. well, that UCLA dark horse pick....I mean, exactly who have they beaten that makes you call them a dark horse? What, their loss to OSU make you a believer? Or was it those impressive wins over juggernaut, 2-6 Utah....or 2-5 Cal...Or 2-4 ASU...

Naaah, I bet it was that monster 5 point win over 0-7 Washington...

Man, you just talk in circles, brother...Not so sure sports is for you.

Why is UCLA a long shot Final 4 team

Because they can use that weak schedule to get a high seed IMO better than Florida State

I put both of them as longshots anyway.

Never did I claim UCLA has a better chance at making the Final 4.

But I think they end up doing well in the PAC 12 and getting possibly a 2 or 3 seed.
Sure, thing...I mean look you are the one that said you need to SEE....You need to SEE, good vs good...You said FSU hasn't showed anything...Weak schedule...

Then name UCLA as a dark horse FF team---And they have beaten, ummm, who? Shit FSU's win over Indiana is better than half of UCLA's wins combined...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT