ADVERTISEMENT

Mid season look at your team

I'm sure you don't have an orange out for just any team.
Well in football auburn always does a blue or orange out for almost every game. They started doing the orange outs on a season with pearl became coach. In 2020 we had one when UK came here and college game day was at auburn. It’s on another level this year though

Well in football auburn always does a blue or orange out for almost every game. They started doing the orange outs on a season with pearl became coach. In 2020 we had one when UK came here and college game day was at auburn. It’s on another level this year though
Navy Blue just don't have the same ring to the Orange. Rich UK fans will still stand out. I expect a "go big blue" chant near the end of the game.

Reactions: mikeinknoxville
Going to be difficult for all of these top teams playing on the road in the SEC because the refs are biased to the home team. So basically if you are going to win on the road against a Top oppnent you have to play exteremely smart foul wise and have lots of luck and hope you're opponent is having a bad shooting day.

Never fails to amaze me how a team can only have 4 fouls in the whole game at home yet when they play the same team away they have 14. WTF it's just the way it is I guess but the refs almost virtually decide who is going to win the game before it's played with these teams that are even in talent and it's always the home team.

Going to be difficult for all of these top teams playing on the road in the SEC because the refs are biased to the home team. So basically if you are going to win on the road against a Top oppnent you have to play exteremely smart foul wise and have lots of luck and hope you're opponent is having a bad shooting day.

Never fails to amaze me how a team can only have 4 fouls in the whole game at home yet when they play the same team away they have 14. WTF it's just the way it is I guess but the refs almost virtually decide who is going to win the game before it's played with these teams that are even in talent and it's always the home team.
Agree; however, last night Texas A&M's defense was so intense that UK got a lot more free throws. But the most important two calls came from the ref Tony Green in the first few minutes of the first half when he whistled two straight fouls on Washington. That is bullshit. Same thing happened at LSU when Tshiebwe got two fouls early on and Wheeler was "knocked" out of the game. The first half UK did not play with two of their better players. Wheeler missed several games after that.

The SEC officials suck and for sure the home court is far more important that it should be.

KU hasn't peaked which is a plus. KU is strong with the 3 some of Wilson, Ochai and Braun. I think we worry about Big Dave, Remy and DaJuan.

Dajuan plays amazing defense and the ball doesn't stick. He isn't a huge scoring threat. Remy isn't the best fit in the world for Bill Selfs system. He either passes too much when open or shoots too much when not open. And he is dealing with an injury... Dave's problem is he hasn't improved since last year. He is big but plays small. If remy figures it out and Dave can put up 11 and 7 we will be in the FF.

KU hasn't peaked which is a plus. KU is strong with the 3 some of Wilson, Ochai and Braun. I think we worry about Big Dave, Remy and DaJuan.

Dajuan plays amazing defense and the ball doesn't stick. He isn't a huge scoring threat. Remy isn't the best fit in the world for Bill Selfs system. He either passes too much when open or shoots too much when not open. And he is dealing with an injury... Dave's problem is he hasn't improved since last year. He is big but plays small. If remy figures it out and Dave can put up 11 and 7 we will be in the FF.

I think Martin was fitting in just fine before the injury. Just not aggressive enough at times.

Agree; however, last night Texas A&M's defense was so intense that UK got a lot more free throws. But the most important two calls came from the ref Tony Green in the first few minutes of the first half when he whistled two straight fouls on Washington. That is bullshit. Same thing happened at LSU when Tshiebwe got two fouls early on and Wheeler was "knocked" out of the game. The first half UK did not play with two of their better players. Wheeler missed several games after that.

The SEC officials suck and for sure the home court is far more important that it should be.
And not saying you can't win on the road but certain things have to happen. Just want to see even a slightly even game between two great teams and it just doesn't happen because of the refs. Sad.

About as I expected at this point. Schedule favors us a little more on the back end

Overall I think we are using the players we have pretty well. We defended well against a mediocre Vandy team last night after letting UK eat our lunch.

I think we make the tourney as a 5th or 6th seed
I would like to see more Hatfield. I would like to see some zone. However, what we need is an offensive identity.

giphy.gif

I would like to see more Hatfield. I would like to see some zone. However, what we need is an offensive identity.
I predict you may get your wish on Hatfield Saturday against LSU. He might lead to that identity you are wanting. I see this upcoming game as a crossroads this season.

My overall feelings on Kansas

-Great offense that can go through ridiculous cold spells in games.
-Average defense for a Self team that is getting better but won’t improve much more than they already are.
-Have room to grow offensively if McCormack, Wilson, and Remy become consistent.
-Anywhere from a 2nd round loss to a F4 team. Wide-range with this one. Not sure they have to rebounding to win it all but can see them making a F4 run if the pieces become consistent.

I predict you may get your wish on Hatfield Saturday against LSU. He might lead to that identity you are wanting. I see this upcoming game as a crossroads this season.
Unfortunately see the same so della will be happy. We are beat up and Days is out and Pinson questionable. Our offense doesn't have good shooters and are struggling right now.

ADVERTISEMENT