ADVERTISEMENT

Mid season look at your team

mikeinknoxville

Jan 28, 2009
Team
Tennessee
Now that we are approaching a midway point how do you rate your team's play?

What changes would make to your line up etc?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think our best lineup is four guards out with Oscar in the mddle. Our guards have length and can defend PF's.

What do you think about UT?

We just don't have the guards to do it (until, maybe, Sharpe starts playing). Frederick injured and Allen incompetent really limits our guard depth.

Toppin and Brooks have both been good this year. No reason to completely exhaust our guards by playing them at 4 positions.

I'd rate Kentucky's play so far this year a B+. Not as good as they could've done, but pretty damn good and getting better. Sweep these next few games and that shoots straight to an A or A+.

Only thing I'd really change is the continued insistence on giving Collins and Hopkins spot minutes. They just aren't ready yet. I'd rather those minutes have been going to Sharpe to help get him up to game speed - he's the guy who might push this over the top into a title-winning team, not them.

We just don't have the guards to do it (until, maybe, Sharpe starts playing). Frederick injured and Allen incompetent really limits our guard depth.

Toppin and Brooks have both been good this year. No reason to completely exhaust our guards by playing them at 4 positions.

I'd rate Kentucky's play so far this year a B+. Not as good as they could've done, but pretty damn good and getting better. Sweep these next few games and that shoots straight to an A or A+.

Only thing I'd really change is the continued insistence on giving Collins and Hopkins spot minutes. They just aren't ready yet. I'd rather those minutes have been going to Sharpe to help get him up to game speed - he's the guy who might push this over the top into a title-winning team, not them.
Great points, I see nothing wrong with them getting spot minutes. They have to develop with game time.

Reactions: mikeinknoxville
I think our best lineup is four guards out with Oscar in the mddle. Our guards have length and can defend PF's.

What do you think about UT?
About as I expected at this point. Schedule favors us a little more on the back end

Overall I think we are using the players we have pretty well. We defended well against a mediocre Vandy team last night after letting UK eat our lunch.

I think we make the tourney as a 5th or 6th seed

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I feel like we have the firepower to beat anybody, but could lose on any night if we dont bring our A game. We have a few players playing at a high level and quite a few that are so up and down, its hard to know what to expect game to game. Getting Remy into the flow of a game will be the biggest bump to becoming elite.

This is really above my pay grade.

For Kentucky: I love the three guards, power forward and stretch forward.

I really don't know how Sharpe would fit in. I have never seen him play.

However, I think that Kentucky has the talent to compete against any team.

Play for next year. Let the young guys get some run even if they make defensive mistakes. Who gives a shit about regular season wins and losses when you have literally no chance of doing anything meaningful this season? I’d rather the guys that will be coming back next year get experience so that they can blend with the incoming recruits better. Won’t happen but that’s my hope.

Play for next year. Let the young guys get some run even if they make defensive mistakes. Who gives a shit about regular season wins and losses when you have literally no chance of doing anything meaningful this season? I’d rather the guys that will be coming back next year get experience so that they can blend with the incoming recruits better. Won’t happen but that’s my hope.
You all can do everyone a favor by being a 16 seed and knocking out a 1 seed.

We are okay. Don’t have the top end talent of the last few years. But maybe more depth?

I’d like to see Cam’Ron Fletcher get more run, and same for Naheem McLeod. I’d also like to see Caleb Mills be more of a playmaker but just don’t think he’s wired that way.

Above all else, though, I’d just like to be healthy.

Purdue is still a work in progress with room to improve. Defensive intensity has ramped since the Wisconsin loss but still just good, not great. Offensively, we are pretty damn good but haven't played a game clicking on all cylinders in a few weeks.

Frankly, to be 15-2 and #4 with these "challenges" is pretty encouraging.

This is really above my pay grade.

For Kentucky: I love the three guards, power forward and stretch forward.

I really don't know how Sharpe would fit in. I have never seen him play.

However, I think that Kentucky has the talent to compete against any team.
I actually think UK/4 guards/Oscar is best line-up

Mintz, Washngton,Wheeler, Grady and Oscar is a nightmare....

Excellent

CAFEB6-D6-BA56-481-E-8758-EB1-D99-D90-AD3.jpg

It’s to hot for that in the jungle. It’s going to be rowdy at the auburn arena Saturday. I can’t wait
Y'all are good sports. I have no idea what's going to happen, I'm just having fun talking to you all. Cheer's to no refs or injuries. Make the avatar a good one and I might rock it longer than a month,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT